Windows 10: MS OneNote 2010 - Random appearances on desktop

Discus and support MS OneNote 2010 - Random appearances on desktop in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hello all. Just lately I am getting completely random appearances on my desktop of the Microsoft OneNote program. I booted up today and there it was... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Whiskey 7, Sep 17, 2016.

1. Whiskey 7 Win User

MS OneNote 2010 - Random appearances on desktop

Hello all.
    Just lately I am getting completely random appearances on my desktop of the Microsoft OneNote program.
    I booted up today and there it was on my desktop. I was away and the screensaver had kicked in.

(MS Onenote 2010)

Seems to appear for no apparent reason. I did think a browser operation triggered it but I was playing some Minecraft yesterday and it appeared after the game had started.

I have searched here and Googled without seeing any solution so would appreciate any thoughts on how to go about solving.

I am happy to provide any further information necessary.

W10 64 bit/Firefox and I have never opened the Onenote program.

I will add the only thing I have done lately was to 'refresh' FireFox and install and run CCleaner.

:)

Whiskey 7, Sep 17, 2016
  2. rw184564 Win User

MS Office 2010 - OneNote

Does MS Office 2010 - OneNote work in Windows 10? I see that MS Office 2010 works and was tested in Windows 10 but OneNote was not tested. Can someone verify OneNote works in Windows 10?

Thank you.

rw184564, Sep 17, 2016
  3. bsekula Win User
    OneNote "Sync Conflicts"

I'm having the same issue. I use 2010 desktop version and sync w/ my WP7. 3-4 days per week I try to sync and get the issue. This is my (PIA) workaround:

• Delete the conflicting document in onenote desktop client (as suggested by a commenter)
    • Remove the live tile
    • Delete the file from my phone.
    • Re-sync entire notebook so most recent version appears on phone.
    What a pain.

It seems totally random. I don't notice if it's changes from my phone to the desktop client or vice-versa. Just seems to pop up.

bsekula, Sep 17, 2016
  4. Whiskey 7 Win User

I was just playing slither, yes that snake game and some minutes in and that OneNote window opened up on top of the (full screen) game!

EDIT: The next day... I was just in my FF browser and the OneNote window opened while I was watching an animated gif?

I would appreciate any suggesting on how I might go about solving this annoyance.

Whiskey 7, Sep 18, 2016
Thema:

1. MS OneNote 2010 - Random appearances on desktop - Similar Threads - OneNote 2010 Random

2. OneNote 2010 stopped scan link

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneNote 2010 stopped scan link: In OneNote 2010 to scan a document I do this: Enter - Scanner Printout - Custom Insert. This week it has stopped working. The computer simply locks and I have to use Task Manager to unlock. Can anyone help this 76-year old pensioner with the precise process in OneNote 2019 to...
  3. OneNote 2010 stopped scan link

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    OneNote 2010 stopped scan link: In OneNote 2010 to scan a document I do this: Enter - Scanner Printout - Custom Insert. This week it has stopped working. The computer simply locks and I have to use Task Manager to unlock. Can anyone help this 76-year old pensioner with the precise process in OneNote 2019 to...
  4. OneNote 2010 stopped scan link

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. MS Office 2010

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Office 2010: Hard drive is dying on my other laptop is dying. Trying to get office 2010 off it. Got my product key, but unsure if it will let me use it again. Can't find the exe file for it. I have my product key. But unsure if it will work on my laptop Im using now. I downloaded the file...
  6. OneNote 2010 notebook sections not open

in Microsoft Office and 365
    OneNote 2010 notebook sections not open: Windows 10 version 1909. I have been using the desktop app of OneNote 2010 with no issues until suddenly last week when logging in - using MS account credentials as always before - all pages are no longer visible and "There are no sections open in this notebook or section...
  7. Is OneNote 2016 similar to the OneNote that was part of Office 2010?

Is OneNote 2016 similar to the OneNote that was part of Office 2010?: I just upgraded from Windows 7 / Office 2010 to Windows 10 and the version of OneNote I used previously was faster, had many more features, and felt like a desktop app. This new version feels slow and looks like it was a horrible port from a mobile phone or something. Does...
  8. Onenote still appearing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Onenote still appearing: I didn't want Onenote to appear at startup so I disabled it. That didn't work. So I uninstalled it. That didn't work and it's still appearing at startup. How can an app still appear at startup if it's been uninstalled and how do I fix it??...
  9. Import OneNote 2010 into Windows 10 OneNote

Import OneNote 2010 into Windows 10 OneNote: I see the new Windows 10 OneNote, and it looks pretty different to me from OneNote 2010, but I wanted to at least try it. But I can't find anyway to import my notebooks from 2010. Is there anyway to do this? I keep getting messages about "updating", but I don't know if that's...
  10. Access OneNote for Windows 10 notebooks in OneNote 2010

Access OneNote for Windows 10 notebooks in OneNote 2010: I have spent hours trying to do something that should be simple, and have given up in frustration. I imported my Evernote notebooks into OneNote for Windows 10 successfully. According to Microsoft, I should be also able to view these notebooks in OneNote 2010. This has...