Windows 10: MS Outlook

Discus and support MS Outlook in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I wonder, did you use the 'Outlook connector' from Microsoft when setting up Outlook for your Hotmail account For the record the Outlook Connector is... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Sven1458, Dec 11, 2015.

1. Victek Win User

MS Outlook

For the record the Outlook Connector is not necessary in Outlook 2013 (and the new Outlook 2016). Outlook.com/Hotmail accounts are supported directly using the EAS protocol (Exchange Active Sync). I have Outlook 2013 with three outlook.com accounts using EAS and one Gmail account using IMAP and all work properly. It's not clear why the OP was having trouble.

Regarding Windows Live Mail (WLM) the DeltaSync protocol works very well for Outlook.com/hotmail accounts, however Microsoft is going to disable DeltaSync. When that happens accounts in WLM will have to be reconfigured using IMAP and in my experience outlook.com accounts work poorly using IMAP. For folks who don't like using a browser either Outlook 2013/2016 or eM Client are the way to go since they support EAS.

Victek, Dec 19, 2015
  2. Sven1458 Win User

Hi,
    I was messing around with windows mail and set up all 3 accounts without a problem.
    it is working well and I think I stick with it. since it comes with windows 10, I think it will be supported by MS for a while.
    Sven

Sven1458, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

MS Outlook

1. MS Outlook - Similar Threads - Outlook

2. How to mail reconfigure in outlook and not showing old mail how to resolve problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to mail reconfigure in outlook and not showing old mail how to resolve problems: Mail reconfigure outlook and received mail and not showing old mail how to resolve problems https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-mail-reconfigure-in-outlook-and-not-showing/b511a897-cb8f-456a-a096-110279ee22a8
  3. How to mail reconfigure in outlook and not showing old mail how to resolve problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to mail reconfigure in outlook and not showing old mail how to resolve problems: Mail reconfigure outlook and received mail and not showing old mail how to resolve problems https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-mail-reconfigure-in-outlook-and-not-showing/b511a897-cb8f-456a-a096-110279ee22a8
  4. How to mail reconfigure in outlook and not showing old mail how to resolve problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to stop outlook from switching into the 'new outlook'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop outlook from switching into the 'new outlook': I usually like to use the 'Mail' app in windows 10, but the new updated outlook keeps switching itself to the 'new outlook' and forces me to use it. Everytime i ask to switch back to the old outlook it tells me it will make the switch but it will come back and switch it again...
  6. How to stop outlook from switching into the 'new outlook'

How to stop outlook from switching into the 'new outlook': I usually like to use the 'Mail' app in windows 10, but the new updated outlook keeps switching itself to the 'new outlook' and forces me to use it. Everytime i ask to switch back to the old outlook it tells me it will make the switch but it will come back and switch it again...
  7. outlook search not working for ~ 5 days. Tried rebuilding. Windows 11, classic outlook

in Windows 10 Gaming
    outlook search not working for ~ 5 days. Tried rebuilding. Windows 11, classic outlook: outlook search not working for ~ 5 days. Tried rebuilding. Windows 11, classic outlook https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-search-not-working-for-5-days-tried/889778be-b293-41e4-b214-2e924f328137
  8. outlook search not working for ~ 5 days. Tried rebuilding. Windows 11, classic outlook

outlook search not working for ~ 5 days. Tried rebuilding. Windows 11, classic outlook: outlook search not working for ~ 5 days. Tried rebuilding. Windows 11, classic outlook https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-search-not-working-for-5-days-tried/889778be-b293-41e4-b214-2e924f328137
  9. How do I regain access to my Windows OS and Outlook account after installing Ubuntu 22.04?...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I regain access to my Windows OS and Outlook account after installing Ubuntu 22.04?...: I have installed Ubuntu 22.04 in my laptop which already has windows 11 in it. After installation of Ubuntu when I tried to login to my windows OS again it asked for the bitlocker key. So, I logged into my Outlook account for which also it asked for that security key which as...
  10. How do I regain access to my Windows OS and Outlook account after installing Ubuntu 22.04?...

How do I regain access to my Windows OS and Outlook account after installing Ubuntu 22.04?...: I have installed Ubuntu 22.04 in my laptop which already has windows 11 in it. After installation of Ubuntu when I tried to login to my windows OS again it asked for the bitlocker key. So, I logged into my Outlook account for which also it asked for that security key which as...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hotmail