Windows 10: MS Paint Recent Files

Discus and support MS Paint Recent Files in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; MS Paint keeps showing the last 9 files which were opened. Is there a way so that when I close the Paint, these files could automatically removed. I do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by sam9, Mar 5, 2016.

1. sam9 Win User

MS Paint Recent Files

MS Paint keeps showing the last 9 files which were opened. Is there a way so that when I close the Paint, these files could automatically removed. I do not want to make a new user. Or if there is any other free program which is like MS Paint but have option to not to show last opened files.

:)

sam9, Mar 5, 2016

2. Default app not working

I have set my default app/program for jpg files to Paint however, when I select a link in Excel to a picture with the .jpg file extension Internet Explorer keeps coming up rather than MS Paint. Is the "Paint" icon in Windows 10 actually MS Paint? I do
    have MS Paint pinned.

GreggSimon, Mar 5, 2016
  3. gmopro Win User
    MS PAINT - SAVE COMMAND where do the pictures (from screen shots) get saved

Actually, hitting SAVE doesnt really store them in that Recent list. That just automatically happens as u create ms paint pictures. no idea what SAVE does or where the saved file goes.

gmopro, Mar 5, 2016
  4. cereberus Win User

MS Paint Recent Files

Here s a partial solution. Works for Windows 10 as well.

Paint - Delete Recent Pictures from List in Windows - Windows 7 Help Forums

This will clear it but of not disable list ie you would have to do again later etc.

cereberus, Mar 5, 2016
  5. sam9 Win User
    This is very cumbersome. I even got a batch file which clears the last opened files but again to run it every time is a headache. I need something to do it automatically. I am ready to use any other free image program, if there is option not to save last opened files.

sam9, Mar 5, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    davidhk, Mar 5, 2016
  7. b1rd Win User
    Hi sam9,

Not sure if you use Ccleaner, but there is a cleaning option specifically for Paint. I would think that should help, but I since don't use Paint, so I'm not able to test it.

MS Paint Recent Files [​IMG]

b1rd, Mar 5, 2016
  8. sam9 Win User

MS Paint Recent Files

I will give it a try. Meanwhile I tried Gimp and there is an option to uncheck the box keep record of used files in the recent document list but that is also not working. Any idea.

sam9, Mar 5, 2016
  9. davidhk Win User
    I don't use Gimp. Sorry.

Picpick has a "repeat last capture" option. That's it. It does not keep record of used files.

davidhk, Mar 5, 2016
  10. sam9 Win User
    I have Ccleaner but again every time I will have to do it manually. In the meantime I tried Gimp. It has option to uncheck the box that is keep record of recent used files but again this is not working. Any idea.

11. b1rd Win User
    I did some more checking and it looks as if you've already tried most of what I found.

Personally, I like PhotoFiltre (free), which also allows for some cool pluggins too. There's also PhotoFiltre Studio, which is more advanced (layering, etc..) but it's not free after the trial period- but reasonable)

12. sam9 Win User
    I never knew that Ccleaner clears the recent files of paint. Yes it worked but again I need to do it automatically. As I said I got one batch file which clears the recent files and if it could be added in startup to execute it at the time of starting the PC. But I don't know how?

Thema:

MS Paint Recent Files

1. MS Paint Recent Files - Similar Threads - Paint Recent Files

2. MS Paint

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Paint: My ultimate goal is to have a picture of me and cut me out of one picture and paste me in another picture as me as Santa... my granddaughter wants me to play Santa and we are going to have family pictures taken with Santa. I have been experimenting with other pictures and I...
  3. MS Paint

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Paint: My ultimate goal is to have a picture of me and cut me out of one picture and paste me in another picture as me as Santa... my granddaughter wants me to play Santa and we are going to have family pictures taken with Santa. I have been experimenting with other pictures and I...
  4. MS PAINT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS PAINT: Can't create a windows shortcut without placing it on the task bar.No more CTRL - ALT - P as a hotkey ?So for MS Paint and notepad the options are just not there !I was able to get them to work somewhat creating copies of executable files and placing them on the desktop, but...
  5. MS PAINT

MS PAINT: Can't create a windows shortcut without placing it on the task bar.No more CTRL - ALT - P as a hotkey ?So for MS Paint and notepad the options are just not there !I was able to get them to work somewhat creating copies of executable files and placing them on the desktop, but...
  6. MS Paint Unsaved File Recovery?

MS Paint Unsaved File Recovery?: I know this is crazy, but during a few important work calls last week I took screenshots - and out of habit - posted them to regular MS Paint in a rush. I had about 10 different screenshots. I never saved them. I woke my computer up from sleep today they've been there for...
  7. MS Paint

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MS Paint: How do I get MS Paint back in my wheel house? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-paint/f294c51c-ab6b-497a-8f11-f902cd862e63
  8. MS Paint

MS Paint: Make background transparent https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-paint/ae52fa0c-a8d3-4739-9443-0267e1b17763
  9. what are the files associated with Ms paint?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    what are the files associated with Ms paint?: what are the files associated with Ms paint? so far I got:[ATTACH] but where are the rest? what are the names of the rest? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-are-the-files-associated-with-ms-paint/4f33f908-1ad9-4e83-9277-06893ed1ffe5"
  10. MS paint

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    MS paint: How can I use MS paint to make a cool Fortnite funny moments video thumbnail? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-paint/8a5c6720-a179-4997-8420-32ad18098470"