Windows 10: MS Password Change.

Discus and support MS Password Change. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Anyone know how long a passwrod change on live.com takes to propagate to your windows 10 login? I just changed mine because a security concern and... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by PeterFragon, Dec 12, 2015.

1. MS Password Change.

Anyone know how long a passwrod change on live.com takes to propagate to your windows 10 login?

I just changed mine because a security concern and can still RDP and login using the old PW..

Just wondering..

:)

PeterFragon, Dec 12, 2015

2. I want to change the administrator password without changing my microsoft account password on my laptop. Possible? How?

I appreciate your response. I understand that I can change an account type. I've done that before. Just to be clear, I re-installed and activated Windows 365 on the laptop which had its hard drive replaced. During that process, I entered my MS Account
    Name and MS Password. Now, the login password is no longer the password I originally selected for the laptop. It is now my MS Password. I do not want to have that password given to all users of the laptop. I want to simply change the (now required) MS
    password for the password selected previously (before 365 install). If you haven't tried to change the administrator's password, you are not aware of the window in the process which asks for my current MS password and asks me to select a new MS Account password.
    I do not want to change my MS password across all my MS devices. I only want to change the administrator password on this one machine.

BillScott16, Dec 12, 2015
  3. change win 10 password, NOT MS password

I want to change my computer log on password. I have tried several things, including everything posted on the support site. The application wont accept my current password to change the existing one. Please provide info for this solution. FYI: There
    is NO change password option at ctrl+alt+del.

Racheal177, Dec 12, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

MS Password Change.

Hello Peter, *Smile

Usually, it doesn't take very long or up to 24 hours at most if the PC has an internet connection.

Are you able to directly sign in on the PC to see if it will sync then?

Brink, Dec 12, 2015
  5. Yeah I can RDP fine it is just still working with the older credentials. I impulsively used a HTML 5 rdp provider Remote Spark and realized it was using a proxy for the connection. I don't know anything about this site and have no idea if I can trust it. So I changed my creds to avoid an issue.

6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Ah, the proxy connection may be preventing from syncing.

If you're able to physically sign in to the PC in person, it may sync then.

Brink, Dec 12, 2015
  7. I am no longer using the proxy as it was the concern, I am using the MS RDP app from my iphone at the moment. I won't have physical access until 7:30 central time.. Would an RDP connection disable sync?

8. Brink
    Brink New Member

MS Password Change.

I don't believe the computer will sync unless it's locally signed in to instead of remotely.

Brink, Dec 12, 2015
  9. Interesting..

I did some vetting on that company/site and checked out their chrome store extension, it seems they have been around for quite sometime and no one has anything bad to say about them.

PeterFragon, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

MS Password Change.

1. MS Password Change. - Similar Threads - Password Change

2. Computer won't recognize password ms live change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer won't recognize password ms live change: I have gone through password recovery on my personal windows machine 18 times, but my computer won't recognize my new password and I cannot get the files on my personal computer....
  3. Computer won't recognize password ms live change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer won't recognize password ms live change: I have gone through password recovery on my personal windows machine 18 times, but my computer won't recognize my new password and I cannot get the files on my personal computer....
  4. I didn't change my password but i can't log in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I didn't change my password but i can't log in: I can't log in to my mail and forgot my security passwords. I created that mail a long time ago so naturally i can't remember any kind of information. I tried to save it by sending a mail to my other accounts but it automatically puts me into a security password page. Since i...
  5. I didn't change my password but i can't log in

I didn't change my password but i can't log in: I can't log in to my mail and forgot my security passwords. I created that mail a long time ago so naturally i can't remember any kind of information. I tried to save it by sending a mail to my other accounts but it automatically puts me into a security password page. Since i...
  6. I didn't change my password but i can't log in

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Pls after changing my Microsoft account password on my phone will it log me out of my laptop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Pls after changing my Microsoft account password on my phone will it log me out of my laptop: Pls after changing my Microsoft account password on my phone will it log me out of my laptop ***Move from Microsoft 365 and Office / Excel / For education / Windows***...
  8. Ask yo change password even though ive never had one

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ask yo change password even though ive never had one: Hi, I woke up this morning to see that when I try to boot my PC. It states, "The users password must be changed before signing in." Although, I've never used a password to log in. All I'd do is press my space bar and it'd load me into my system. I've had this pc for around 4...
  9. Ask yo change password even though ive never had one

Ask yo change password even though ive never had one: Hi, I woke up this morning to see that when I try to boot my PC. It states, "The users password must be changed before signing in." Although, I've never used a password to log in. All I'd do is press my space bar and it'd load me into my system. I've had this pc for around 4...
  10. On my windows 10 pc, I was signing in with a pin and it recently changed to password and I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    On my windows 10 pc, I was signing in with a pin and it recently changed to password and I...: On my windows 10 pc, I was signing in with a pin and it recently changed to password and I don't remember the password. How can I change it back to pin if I don't see that option on the login screen?...