Windows 10: MS Picture it 7

Discus and support MS Picture it 7 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have been running MS Picture it 7 just fine on Windows 10 until a few days ago. The program starts like all is ok but as soon as I try to load a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by dlj1935, Mar 17, 2016.

1. dlj1935 Win User

MS Picture it 7

I have been running MS Picture it 7 just fine on Windows 10 until a few days ago. The program starts like all is ok but as soon as I try to load a picture It says "Picture It! 7.0 has stopped working." "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close & notify you if a solution is found." About 1 min later it say it made a compatibility change and will do so when ever I run the program again. But it still does not run. Any help appreciated.

:)

dlj1935, Mar 17, 2016

2. Microsoft Picture Manager - Windows 10

You can try. There's a good chance it will work.

I tried to download MS Picture Manage on Widows 10 and it will not custom download from MS Office 7 disc.

My old desktop had Windows 7 and MS Picture Manager worked fine, and when I upgraded to Windows 10 it worked then too. However it will not download on my new laptop with Win 10 and MS 365.

This is ridiculous.

How can I get this valuable program onto my new laptop?

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Peter Poss, Mar 17, 2016
  3. dirtbound Win User
    Native Picasa Sharing?

Yes... I want true integration of Picasa Web Albums into the Windows Phone 7 Native "Picture Hub"!

Get on with it MS and Goog!!!

dirtbound, Mar 17, 2016
  4. simrick Win User

MS Picture it 7

Hi dlj1935 and welcome to Tenforums.

I have MS Picture It! Express 7.0 and it's running fine, without any compatibility modifications. But, I have it on a clean install of W10, not an upgrade. Your system specs say OS=W8.1, so I assume you're on a upgraded machine, yes? Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program? Also, I know the plugin function of Teamviewer has messed with that program in the past, so it needs to be disabled, if you have that installed on your system.

simrick, Mar 19, 2016
  5. dlj1935 Win User
    Yes I am running a Windows 10 upgrade and also TeamViewer 11. Can I disable TeamViewer 11 without un-installing?
    Thanks for the reply.
    Dave

dlj1935, Mar 19, 2016
  6. simrick Win User
    Yes, you need to disable the Quick Connect feature:

Extras>Options>Advanced - Show Advanced Options
    Click Configure

MS Picture it 7 [​IMG]

Make sure this box is not selected.

MS Picture it 7 [​IMG]

simrick, Mar 19, 2016
  7. dlj1935 Win User
    I was able to get Picture it to work by exiting TeamViewer from running in background but I will try to disable quick connect button.
    Thanks for the reply.
    Dave

dlj1935, Mar 19, 2016
  8. dlj1935 Win User

MS Picture it 7

I really appreciate the help. Once I disabled the quick connect button all is working like it should.
    Thanks again.
    Dave

dlj1935, Mar 19, 2016
  9. simrick Win User
    Sounds good Dave. You can go ahead and mark the thread as solved. *Thumbs

simrick, Mar 19, 2016
  10. mrgeek Win User
    I can't install Picture It! 10 w/o IE6, which won't install on 64bit. What workarounds did you guys use?

mrgeek, Jan 19, 2018
  11. My ie6setup.exe replaces the true ie6setup.exe that is generating our problem.

I am not a C or Assembler developer so I have written a small BAT file to create the needed registry key and I have used a free converter to get an EXE file.

So yes, it opens a command window.

No Windows system from 7 up needs IE 6!

Please read the full post I have previously linked.

Gianni1962, Jan 19, 2018
  12. mrgeek Win User
    Gave this a quick try and still get ie6 can't be installed error. I moved your ie6 batch to Redist/IE6 folder and replaced ie6 473kb setup with your 88kb version. Do I have to run one or both of these prior to PiP setup? Or does program install use these?
    I can add InstallInfo to Active Setup but not clear on rest. Can you please post screenshot of your Active Setup registry entries with this key included ?- [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Active Setup\InstallInfo]"Complete"=dword:00000000

Here's mine prior to adding InstallInfo -

MS Picture it 7 [​IMG]

mrgeek, Jan 20, 2018
  13. MS Picture it 7

Hmmm, my instructions are so confusing? *sarc

1) copy my ie6setup.exe over the original
    2) run setup.exe

So when is the time for the installer to run ie6setup.exe, it, my version of it, can write the registry key to fool the installer that ie6 has been correctly installed.

You can't put the key prior to run the installer because it clears it a moment before calling ie6setup.exe.

MS Picture it 7 [​IMG]

Gianni1962, Jan 20, 2018
  14. mrgeek Win User
    Hmmm, my instructions are so confusing? *sarc
    1) copy my ie6setup.exe over the original
    2) run setup.exe

AHA !! I was confused by the elaborate explanation of the processes. It was far simpler to say this- copy your two files to Redist folder (do nothing else with these) then run PIP setup. *Busted

Now I see where the program, halfway through, is trying to install IE6 (this is where it got stuck before) and instead of stopping, your bat window flashes and the installation FINISHED !!! *Party

This is not the same version (Picture It! 2002) I had when I had XP but now projects that I have saved since as far back as 2003 are running in version 10 which has the same tools, different locations. It's like finding a dear old friend ! I can't thank you enough for your work and patience with me. Take care. *Cool

mrgeek, Jan 20, 2018
  15. Ahahahah, you are right ... and you are wrong, the file needed to copy over is only the exe, the bat is "into" it!

Anyway, I'm happy too!

Gianni1962, Jan 20, 2018
Thema:

MS Picture it 7

1. MS Picture it 7 - Similar Threads - Picture

2. Pictures won't appear for selection when I try to change background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pictures won't appear for selection when I try to change background: I've been trying to change my lock screen and wallpaper, but when I go to click a picture or even a folder -- no photos show up. It appears on my laptop, but just not when I try to change my background. I saw this same question and there was an answer, but the command ran...
  3. Pictures won't appear for selection when I try to change background

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pictures won't appear for selection when I try to change background: I've been trying to change my lock screen and wallpaper, but when I go to click a picture or even a folder -- no photos show up. It appears on my laptop, but just not when I try to change my background. I saw this same question and there was an answer, but the command ran...
  4. Pictures won't appear for selection when I try to change background

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Blurry or ghosting windows apps or programs check pictures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blurry or ghosting windows apps or programs check pictures: I'll just refer to this as ghosting but it somewhat reminds me of burn-in with the way previous frames just stay in the background. This is the EU4 loader but it happens in new Teams and possibly some others. I've tried changing GPU and updating / resetting drivers but no...
  6. Blurry or ghosting windows apps or programs check pictures

Blurry or ghosting windows apps or programs check pictures: I'll just refer to this as ghosting but it somewhat reminds me of burn-in with the way previous frames just stay in the background. This is the EU4 loader but it happens in new Teams and possibly some others. I've tried changing GPU and updating / resetting drivers but no...
  7. Blurry or ghosting windows apps or programs check pictures

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. wallpaper changes to solid when i try to change to certain JPG picture

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wallpaper changes to solid when i try to change to certain JPG picture: I have a JPG file which i am trying to set up as my window wallpaper, and if i change to that picture, within a sec it changes the background to solid color. other basic pictures which are provided by system does not have problem, but only my image.i can set up the same JPG...
  9. wallpaper changes to solid when i try to change to certain JPG picture

wallpaper changes to solid when i try to change to certain JPG picture: I have a JPG file which i am trying to set up as my window wallpaper, and if i change to that picture, within a sec it changes the background to solid color. other basic pictures which are provided by system does not have problem, but only my image.i can set up the same JPG...
  10. wallpaper changes to solid when i try to change to certain JPG picture

in Windows 10 Customization