Windows 10: MS Realtek driver agony - please help

Discus and support MS Realtek driver agony - please help in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; MS Update installed a Realtek driver that really does not agree with my system. I'm fine with the MS 5 High Def version. Ever time I g to device... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by idainc, Mar 4, 2016.

1. idainc Win User

MS Realtek driver agony - please help

MS Update installed a Realtek driver that really does not agree with my system. I'm fine with the MS 5 High Def version.

Ever time I g to device manager and programs & features and delete it and spec the MS generic version I'm good for about a minute then the Realtek gets installed. Even after I delete the folder in programs. I am totally stumped here as this version MS is pushing out is really having problems and I cant make it go away.

I have gone to advanced settings and set it to prevent downloading ANY driver updates at all. It keeps coming back.

I've tried just about everything I can find on Google. I'd really appreciate some help on this. It began happening after this past Tuesdays update. I had other issues (now solved) with that update

:)

idainc, Mar 4, 2016
  2. ron swait Win User

NO SOUND ON MY PC WITH WINDOWS 10

URGENT PLEASE, NO SOUND! I was gifted Windows 10 by MS. It came with no sound, so I followed instructions to install Realtek HD sound driver. The sound has been very poor, so I tried to re-install the Realtek driver, to try to improve crackling noises, etc.
    After removal and attempting to re-install Realtek, OS Windows 10 stated I needed to also re-install Microsoft UAA HD Sound driver, which I never touched!

WINDOWS 10 IS NOT ALLOWING MY PC TO AGAIN DOWNLOAD REALTEK HD AUDIO DRIVER, NOR THE MS UAA SOUND DRIVER IT IS SAYING NEEDS TO ALSO NOW BE DOWNLOADED! BEFORE, WHEN I DOWNLOADED REALTEK DRIVER, THIS WAS NEVER REQUIRED AND MY PC ALWAYS WAS ABLE TO DOWNLOAD
    SAID DRIVER! NOT ABLE NOW, EVEN WITH MY ANTI-VIRUS "TURNED OFF"!

PLEASE NOTE, AND DO NOT REFER MY ISSUE TO MS SUPPORT IN BRAZIL. CALLED THEM YESTERDAY, AND ALL THEY DID WAS "DISQUALIFY" ME FROM ANY HELP, STATING THAT MY COMPUTER WAS TOO OLD, AND HAD HP ISSUES, WHICH THEY NEVER, NEVER, DIAGNOSED! THEY WANTED TO "CHARGE"
    ME SOME STIPEND, TO BE ABLE TO HELP ME!

NOTE, I HAVE BEEN USING WINDOWS 10 FOR LESS THAN A YEAR, NEVER HAD ISSUE DOWNLOADING REALTEK, ONLY NOW, AND WAS ABLE TO USE THIS POOR SOUND SYSTEM WITH "CRACKLES" CONSTANTLY, BUT HAVE BEEN "LIVING" WITH THE POOR QUALITY SOUND! WITH NO SOUND NOW, IT IS IMPOSSIBLE
    TO USE MY PC.

URGENT HELP PLEASE. BRAZIL MS SUPPORT IS NOT ABLE TO HELP, THEY ARE NOT QUALIFIED IN CUSTOMER SERVICE!

My e-mail is *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and kindly answer me directly to my e-mail.

ron swait, Mar 4, 2016
  3. NO SOUND. WINDOWS 10 NOT ALLOWING TO DOWNLOAD REALTEK SOUND DEVICE.

RichGigliotti, Mar 4, 2016
  4. garyb0125 Win User

The following steps worked for me...

First uninstall the faulty driver, but do not restart your machine until you do the following:

Type"Device Installation Settings" in your Windows search box. A result named "Change device installation settings" should show up.

•Choose No

Once that's done, you have to go into the Windows Update Settings and change it to "Notify Schedule a restart".

Now go ahead and do a restart.

At this point, the driver won't automatically install, but will be listed in Windows Update. Microsoft expects you to install it anyways. What you need to do is hide it from Windows Update. Download the "Show or hideupdates" troubleshooter package

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930

That tool will then let you see what's in Windows update and you can then hide it from Windows update.

garyb0125, Mar 4, 2016
  5. idainc Win User
    So far so good. I was stuck in a cycle of deleting it and then update would reinstall. Thank You.

idainc, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. MS Realtek driver agony - please help - Similar Threads - Realtek driver agony

2. Realtek Audio Driver - Add Legacy Hardware causes crash help please.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Realtek Audio Driver - Add Legacy Hardware causes crash help please.: My Realtek suddenly vanished after restart. I couldn't find a fix so I uninstalled it then reinstalled it but when it restarted my pc it didn't do anything. I have no audio without Realtek hd audio manager. I can't find it anywhere not in my C/programfiles/realtek not in...
  3. Realtek sound driver help

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Realtek sound driver help: HelloIn some but not all programs and games, my laptop does not make any sound. I tried re-downloading the Realtek drivers and nothing changed. The High Definition Audio Device driver is also not on my laptop. Please help...
  4. need help with realtek ethernet drivers please

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    need help with realtek ethernet drivers please: hi everyone, since yesterday i haven't been able to connect to the internet. i can't install lan drivers for my motherboard which is the asus x570-p motherboard every time i try to install it, tells me ( the realtek network controller was not found. if deep sleep mode is...
  5. Realtek audio driver help

Realtek audio driver help: I noticed my audio channels were reversed on my Logitech headset so I looked up how to reverse the channels. Everything I found pointed to getting the HD audio manager so I installed the driver and that's where I ran into problems. My computer was no longer detecting the...
  6. Realtek Audio Delete PLEASE HELP!!!!

Realtek Audio Delete PLEASE HELP!!!!: I deleted my Realtek audio file how do I get audio back Acer Aspire 3 PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/realtek-audio-delete-please-help/cb128ff6-ae8e-4130-9300-65553adb8c36
  7. DRIVER PLEASE HELP

DRIVER PLEASE HELP: Every time I upload to Windows 10 my computer configuration was internet is blown. Bluetooth drivers are not uploading properly. All internet is disabled with the ethernet. Please help...
  8. realtek driver help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    realtek driver help: i recently got a laptop(lenovo legion)and i notice that the microphone is very low and sounds like a robot(i was using the same microphone to my previous laptop and it was fine).I decided to install an alternative version of the driven and it all seem back to normal but if i...
  9. Help with installing Realtek Audio Drivers

Help with installing Realtek Audio Drivers: Normally this would be a Realtek problem but my main problem is Windows. I was getting bad mic quality so I installed the latest Realtek drivers from their website, I installed it, restarted my computer, and got no sound. I went into Devices, and saw this: Realtek is the...
  10. Driver Help, Please

Driver Help, Please: I have a 3 year old Toshiba laptop, L855S 5136NR, that Toshiba does not support for Win10. Original OS, Win8. Running great on Win10, build 1511, but desperately need a wifi and display (graphics) driver for Build 1607. Current drivers are wifi (Realtek 8188c) Graphics...