Windows 10: ms-resource:EditWithPhotos in context menu

Discus and support ms-resource:EditWithPhotos in context menu in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I right click on an image to open the context menu, it provides me with an option "ms-resource:EditWithPhotos" which leads to the edit portion of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Bogey, Oct 28, 2017.

1. Bogey Win User

ms-resource:EditWithPhotos in context menu

When I right click on an image to open the context menu, it provides me with an option "ms-resource:EditWithPhotos" which leads to the edit portion of the 'Photos' app. Obviously, the name suggests 'Edit' and that's not my problem.

ms-resource:EditWithPhotos in context menu [​IMG]

How do I fix the 'ms-resource:EditWithPhotos' from the context menu? I've re-installed the 'Photos' app and that didn't solve it. I changed the entry in the registry which temporarily fixed it, and then for some reason unknown to me, goes back to 'ms-resource:EditWithPhotos' after some time. Not sure what triggers it.

The event viewer found the following entry concerning the app
    That was in 'Application' errors. In 'System':
    Note: Concerning the above update... it was later installed/updated numerous times.
    :)

Bogey, Oct 28, 2017

2. How to override MS Edge right click menu?

I have a web application that presents a custom context menu when I right-click certain items. This worked fine on Google Chrome and on old versions of Internet Explorer, but I find that in MS Edge, a right-click brings up Microsoft's context menu instead
    of mine. Is there a way to override Microsoft's context menu?

Thanks for any help.

SheldonPenner, Oct 28, 2017
  3. Cainoor Win User
    No context menu for Excel icon (on pinned icon to taskbar)

Hi,

I have a Windows 10 and Office 2013. Everything was working fine with pinned icons until very recently. I was pinning some documents to the context menu (right click) and after that the context menu stopped to show at all - but only for one icon, which is
    MS Excel icon (shortcut). Could you please let me know what I can do to fix it? Every other right-click is working perfectly and all context menus are opening for every other pinned icons.

Regards

Cainoor, Oct 28, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Oct 28, 2017
  5. Bogey Win User
    Neither of those options work. It's already in the context menu, just not properly labeled. It's as if the language file/replacement for the string is missing.

I've tried reseting it, tried uninstalling it, the registry fix I've applied (searching ms-resource:EdithWithPhotos in regedit and replacing it with 'Edit with photos') is temporary... after some unknown event it goes back to 'ms-resource:EditWithPhotos.

I went ahead and removed it from the context menu since I never use Photos to edit. I only like it to view the pictures

Bogey, Oct 29, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Oct 29, 2017
  7. lx07 Win User
    What happens when you press the *Start key?

Do you have a ms-resource:unknown in your start menu at the bottom?

I do - in my case it is "Contact Support" and I can't get rid of it - it is due to partially removed apps I think.

8. Bogey Win User

Yup, had it set as default since the first day I got the laptop... which was about a month ago.

No, nothing like that in the start menu or app list or anything. The photo app itself runs, just the context menu wording is wrong

Bogey, Oct 29, 2017
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Oct 29, 2017
  10. Bogey Win User
    Now it's a new error and I forgot to do a backup of my registry before running your fix *Redface

And if I try to run it I get the following:

Bogey, Oct 29, 2017
  11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Oct 29, 2017
  12. Bogey Win User
    I had come to the same conclusion but was hoping the gurus at the tenforums were able to help me without such drastic fix for a context menu wording. I had just removed the item from the context menu since I don't use photos to edit anyways. I have have a very slow wifi network, so it would take me days to configure my laptop back to usable terms. I'll re-install windows a bit later. Thanks for your help

I saved that link for future reference.

Some questions first: What about my windows 10 license? I bought the laptop with windows 10, that's what I wanted. I don't want to be buying windows 10 separately again to have my laptop running properly

Bogey, Oct 29, 2017
  13. Brink
    Brink New Member

You shouldn't lose anything other than what's in the red warning box.

You're activation will not be affected.

If you don't use the Photos app or this context menu, then yeah I'd just remove it and forget about it. No need to try and fix something you don't use.

Brink, Oct 29, 2017
  14. lx07 Win User
    I'd try making a new account first. That only takes 2 minutes whereas a repair install might take more than half an hour.

There are basically 2 things that can go wrong with Windows - the MS software (which repair install will fix) or corruption to the user profile (which it will not). For example if your TileLayerDatabase (which controls start menu) is corrupt a repair install will not fix it as it is in the users %appdata% directory.

Try both anyway - if one doesn't work the other may...

15. Bogey Win User
    I don't even know if I have a Microsoft account. Or do you mean on the computer? A new admin account?

There are other problems with my laptop so I'm still inclined to do a re-install (probably a full reinstall rather then a repair one) and starting with a fresh copy of windows

Bogey, Oct 29, 2017
Thema:

1. ms-resource:EditWithPhotos in context menu - Similar Threads - resource EditWithPhotos context

2. context menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    context menu: i just reinstalled windows but when we right click on desktop which shows refresh option it i s always showing to my left . the menu opens to the left of my mouse.should not it be opening to the right of my mouse...
  3. Context menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Context menu: Hello, I am running a machine with Windows 10 Pro which had version 1703, a few days ago I updated to 20H2. When I had 1703 all ok.... But when I upgraded to 20H2 EACH RIGHT CLICK TAKES ABOUT 5 SECONDS. I think a 4GB ram and i3 processor should not take so long for a right...
  4. context menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    context menu: how to add 'desktop' to 'send to option' WIN 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/context-menu/671f83fb-b3a9-449a-9564-ea120c0b78b8
  5. Context Menu

Context Menu: Is there a way to edit context menus in Windows 10 without having to deal with the registry? If yes, how? Thank you in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/context-menu/593aefd6-7ccd-433f-920b-1da873dd4694
  6. Context Menu

Context Menu: I think I installed a demo software or game really long time ago by a private developer on my PC, but I noticed later that had led to the presence of "usmanworldfree.com" on the right click menu. How can i remove it? Help in this regard will be much appreciated....
  7. context menue

context menue: my context menu does not show the ability to set windows in a pattern ,side by side etc. how can this be add? all tutorial for moving windows into various groupings start with right clicking to get the context menu which has these patterns....
  8. ms-resource

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ms-resource: Impossible to get rid of "ms-resource" apps that appears after system restore. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-resource/50a3b08d-fb6e-4d14-86d9-c469d411e6f4
  9. context menu

context menu: right click on desktop blank space, a context menu appears as I click on its "new" item no respond and the menu automatically closed. what is the matter? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/context-menu/2843ddc0-0011-4c82-b2ab-ab281dd3271b
  10. Fix ms-resource:editwithphotos shown on Context Menu?

Fix ms-resource:editwithphotos shown on Context Menu?: When I right click a .jpg photo, the context menu shows ms-resource:editwithphotos instead of Photos I guess. How do you fix this? Update: I just searched the registry for ms-resource:editwithphotos and replaced that string with Edit in Photos which fixed the issue. 90648

Users found this page by searching for:

1. context microsoft.windows.photos/resources/editwithphotos

2. ms-resource editwithphotos

3. editwithphotos

4. msresource: edit with photos