Windows 10: MS "Save As" Function Recently started Working Differently

Discus and support MS "Save As" Function Recently started Working Differently in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have been using windows 10 for about a year with no significant problems. However, recently, when I go to "save as" in any MS file it no longer gives... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by morrisg, Aug 14, 2016.

1. morrisg Win User

MS "Save As" Function Recently started Working Differently

I have been using windows 10 for about a year with no significant problems. However, recently, when I go to "save as" in any MS file it no longer gives me the Explorer view of my various files. Instead I get the attached view to save my files.

For all of my long time use of MS anytime I did "save as" it would navigate and display the contents of my folders and subfolders I used to organize my file on my hard drive, I chose which folder or file to save it to from there. Now I see the attached.

As I said earlier, I have been using Windows 10 for about a year now but recently changed to a HP laptop from a Dell. Previous windows 10 did the “save as” in the traditional manner it went directly to windows explorer when I did a "save as" file. I do not think that changing to HP should have anything to do with it no longer saving.

Please Help

:)

morrisg, Aug 14, 2016
  2. musum Win User

" SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

SO HERE'S THE LINK TO THAT PIC

http://i26.tinypic.com/2ihbdco.jpg

CAN U PLZ CHECK IT ACTUALLY I HAVE USED THE NOKIA SOFTWARE UPDATER B4 ... BUT I DONT KNW WHY I M GETTING THIS ERROR NOW

musum, Aug 14, 2016
  3. musum Win User
    " SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

i have installed windows xp sp2

previously i was using windows media center i thought i might b facing this probs due to that but then i changed it to windows xp ! n moreover i have also shown to nokia service center executives but they were not having the latest updates available ......
    my pc suite is showing that new update version of firmware is available but i cudnt download it MS "Save As" Function Recently started Working Differently :(

oh gawd wat to do ? MS "Save As" Function Recently started Working Differently :(

i tried in another pc then again i got an error u need to have minimum 256 ram MS "Save As" Function Recently started Working Differently :(

please cant it b rectified ? there must b any solution to this probs please help me guyz

god bless all of u thanx MS "Save As" Function Recently started Working Differently :)

musum, Aug 14, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

It's now File Explorer since Win8 and just saying you have Win10 doesn't cut it anymore, need to know more about the Version and the Build number as there's 2 versions of Win10 available, one is the RTM and the other is the Insider Preview [BETA/test] version and they can look and maybe work a bit different. The RTM is probably 1511 and the other is 1607. The Anniversary Update is also Version 1607 but is slow getting to the RTM installs.

It looks like you are doing the Save As from within a program, might be important to know which. At the top of the list of files where it says Documents is an up arrow, click that to move to different Folders to make a different choice.

My HP, Dell and Toshiba Notebooks work the same using Version 1511 Build 10586.545.

Berton, Aug 14, 2016
  5. morrisg Win User
    My Windows 10 build is 1511. When I click on the you arrow as you suggested it just moves my up the file chain.

morrisg, Aug 14, 2016
  6. Berton Win User
    And that is what it is supposed to do to give you choices as to where you want to save. The actual File Explorer looks a bit different on mine, I don't have the blue sidebar but that' probably because I turned it off. I double-click the This PC icon to find more drives then click one of those to find more Folders then open whatever I want.

Berton, Aug 14, 2016
  7. AndreTen Win User
    With the change of PC (or laptop) you've also changed MS Office. Save as dialogue is from Office 2016 (or new Office 365).

If you have license for older office you can go back, but this dialogue is really not that bad. Again, it is only for Office, not Windows 10.

AndreTen, Aug 14, 2016
  8. MS "Save As" Function Recently started Working Differently

If you click 'browse' in that screenshot I believe it gives you back the more familiar explorer look

Scottyboy99, Aug 14, 2016
  9. AndreTen Win User
    Or if he clicks on any folder name on the right list.

AndreTen, Aug 14, 2016
  10. Mystere Win User
    That is the new "Cloud Integration" feature of Office 2016. You must have used an older version of Office before.

In fact, that dialog (or a version similar to it) has been in place since Office 2013. It allows you to choose either local, or various cloud providers (OneDrive, DropBox, Google Drive, etc..) Once you click browse, it should give a more common dialog that you're used to.

Mystere, Aug 15, 2016
  11. morrisg Win User
    Fantastic. All of you guys were correct. I clicked on the browse, it brought up a very small version of the explorer file, but by stretching the box to full size in each of the MS products Word, Excel, PPT etc. and then saving it now opens like the old versions of office. You were correct about me using an older version. I was using 2013.

While your help provided the solution I still need to click browse each time I "save as" but while that adds an extra step it opens the old File explorer version. I suppose a small price to pay!

Thanks much to you guys again. You have been a tremendous help. I am a professor at The University of Alabama and getting ready for my students for the upcoming semester, This computer problem was not helping me focus, but you help changed that in a positive sense. Best to all of you.

morrisg, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. MS "Save As" Function Recently started Working Differently - Similar Threads - Save Function Recently

2. "save as pdf", "microsoft print to pdf" functions not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "save as pdf", "microsoft print to pdf" functions not working: "save as pdf", "microsoft print to pdf" functions not workingWhen I select "microsoft print to pdf" or "save as pdf" from various applications, that application hangs up and has to be aborted....
  3. "save as pdf", "microsoft print to pdf" functions not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "save as pdf", "microsoft print to pdf" functions not working: "save as pdf", "microsoft print to pdf" functions not workingWhen I select "microsoft print to pdf" or "save as pdf" from various applications, that application hangs up and has to be aborted....
  4. I have 2 different functional bluetooth adapters in my PC that worked until recently, PC...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have 2 different functional bluetooth adapters in my PC that worked until recently, PC...: There is no button in "action center" to turn on bluetooth. There is no button in settings to turn on bluetooth. When I try to connect my bluetooth keyboard (which worked for years until randomly my PC bluetooth stopped) it tells me to turn bluetooth on on my PC. No articles...
  5. Why the save as function for MS Word and Excel will not work for me today?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why the save as function for MS Word and Excel will not work for me today?: Why does the Save As function for MS Work and Excel does not work for me today? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-the-save-as-function-for-ms-word-and-excel/8efab3d8-12ee-42e1-91e9-400702833115
  6. Save As function & screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Save As function & screen: recently i've noticed that when I download any pdf documents from the web, it opens a Save As screen that is in full screen mode with no min/max function buttons so it covers the document i'm downloading, sometimes i download a lot of documents & can't quite remember which...
  7. Keyboar different function

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboar different function: Why my backtick button on keyboard change fungtionality to windows button, i dont know how to solve it, thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboar-different-function/f8fcbc6d-e030-49c4-912e-2c353ac464a6
  8. Save and Save As not working after recent update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Save and Save As not working after recent update: I logged in to Windows this morning, and everything seems to have changed overnight. That's not a problem, except that now Save and Save As are not working properly for all of my apps. I've tried several times to save files, and I get a couple of different errors: - Check...
  9. START MENU and a host of functions not working

in Cortana
    START MENU and a host of functions not working: What can I do about my Windows 10 Enterprise computer that the Start Menu/Cortana has become unresponsive? Also certain apps like Microsoft Edge, Calculator [the ones I have tried] and a few other neither open nor have icons anymore Could it be a virus? What can I do?...
  10. MS Office 2016 word documents when saved look differently

in Microsoft Office and 365
    MS Office 2016 word documents when saved look differently: I recently noticed that when I am saving a MS Word document the icon has changed. I am running windows 10 and MS Office Professional 2016. This only started happening within the past week. i tried doing a quick repair of MS Office and that did not solve the problem so I went...