Windows 10: Ms servers - Let people use Bit torrent - it's faster

Discus and support Ms servers - Let people use Bit torrent - it's faster in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi there If Ms would allow the use of Bit torrent on it's servers for downloading - the load on the servers would be CONSIDERABLY reduced during... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jimbo45, Dec 9, 2014.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Ms servers - Let people use Bit torrent - it's faster

Hi there

If Ms would allow the use of Bit torrent on it's servers for downloading - the load on the servers would be CONSIDERABLY reduced during busy periods and the DOWNLOADERS too would benefit from vastly enhanced download speeds too during these busy periods.

There's NOTHING WRONG with legitimate uses of bit torrent. I get a load of Linux ISOS this way from legitimate servers -- keeps their costs down on the servers and the service is maintained.

Just throwing this out as an idea - as I'm sure we've all been slowed down by Ms servers at some point or other.

(Organisations like S.E.T.I also make considerable uses of "peer to peer" networks so there's nothing wrong in principle with this type of approach even for large organisations --maybe amazon etc could use this method for faster movie distribution etc).

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Dec 9, 2014

2. Malware Infiltration Exploit: SWF/Meadgive

Curious how many people are running a bit torrent client? I started getting the message every minute or so when I opened my bit torrent client. I uninstalled my bit torrent client and I am no longer receiving the infection notices. I am in the process
    of running a scan with malwarebytes now.

BenPittard, Dec 9, 2014
  3. BossDweeb Win User
    Cracked Games and Software

Regardless of this is real or not, it is against the terms of use for these forums to help

people with PIRATE software, and can lead to a ban.

Think about it. This is the genuine MS forum. Not a torrent download site.

BossDweeb, Dec 9, 2014
  4. Mystere Win User

As usual jimbo, great idea, but late to the table *Wink

Microsoft actually did this back in 2007. They created a protocol similar to Bittorrent called Avalanche, which was released as the Microsoft Secure Content Download service. However, it never really caught on, and was dropped as far as I know...

Mystere, Dec 9, 2014
Thema:

1. Ms servers - Let people use Bit torrent - it's faster - Similar Threads - servers Let Bit

2. Bit Torrent Extension Related

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bit Torrent Extension Related: I want to infrom you that i recently notice a extension called bit torrent safe scanner extension So i simply remove it. If i want to install this extension again can you tell me how to add this extension in chrome, Also I want to know this is any harm extension Should I...
  3. Bit Torrent Extension Related

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bit Torrent Extension Related: I want to infrom you that i recently notice a extension called bit torrent safe scanner extension So i simply remove it. If i want to install this extension again can you tell me how to add this extension in chrome, Also I want to know this is any harm extension Should I...
  4. Bit torrent uninstallation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bit torrent uninstallation: I wanted to tell you that I uninstall bit torrent from my laptop bit it's some hidden files are showing names bit torrent helper. So can I delete this hidden files because I already uninstalled bit torrent from my laptop. And I also want to know will this files created...
  5. Bit torrent uninstallation

Bit torrent uninstallation: I wanted to tell you that I uninstall bit torrent from my laptop bit it's some hidden files are showing names bit torrent helper. So can I delete this hidden files because I already uninstalled bit torrent from my laptop. And I also want to know will this files created...
  6. Decent (Ad Free) Bit Torrent client for Windows

Decent (Ad Free) Bit Torrent client for Windows: Hi folks Looking for a decent Bit torrent client for windows (ad free please) comparable to deluge on Linux. There's plenty of legit reasons to use torrent sites -- I'm downloading latest iso of arch linux -- absolutely nothing wrong !!! -- a lot of software suppliers...
  7. BSOD while using torrent

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD while using torrent: Hello. I'm not that knowledgeable in IT, so please be patient with me. (Windows 10) Log: Dropbox - LAPTOP-V0QLQ451-(2020-11-11_00-07-25).zip - Simplify your life Since this morning I've been having repeatedly BSOD with written BAD POOL CALLER. After trying all the tutorial...
  8. MS People app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MS People app: how are email accounts imported to MS People app https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-people-app/568c9ce2-3d48-4c09-9bda-e9a788c1cceb"
  9. DNS Server isn't respoding, torrent working

DNS Server isn't respoding, torrent working: Hi, i have 3 devices, an android phone, a dual boot tablet and a laptop and i tried to connect to an access point with mikrotik user login at my office. The android phone is able to connect to access point but have no internet access. the dual boot tablet able to connect and...
  10. DNS Server isn't respoding, torrent working

DNS Server isn't respoding, torrent working: Hi, i have 3 devices, an android phone, a dual boot tablet and a laptop and i tried to connect to an access point with mikrotik user login at my office. The android phone is able to connect to access point but have no internet access. the dual boot tablet able to connect and...