Windows 10: MS Suite for Home (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, etc.)

Discus and support MS Suite for Home (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, etc.) in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Approximately 2 weeks ago, I received a notice from MS that my drivers were out of date and to update. So I let MS update my PC. Now my MS Excel,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by EPEARCE, Jul 30, 2018.

1. EPEARCE Win User

MS Suite for Home (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, etc.)

Approximately 2 weeks ago, I received a notice from MS that my drivers were out of date and to update. So I let MS update my PC. Now my MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc. do not work. I can not open my previous word, excel, etc. documents. What gives? I had upgraded my MS Suite several months ago, now it is asking for money again!!!!! I am piss.

:)

EPEARCE, Jul 30, 2018
  2. AndreTen Win User

Autosave documents in Word, Excel, Powerpoint

My version (Office 365 Proplus latest) is offering Autosave only for documents on Onedrive, and there you have option to save versions.

MS Suite for Home (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, etc.) [​IMG]

And check save options..

But if Office is acting like this for you, you should send feedback to MS immediately. It's not what I would want to do from my favorite Office suite.

Good practice would be, to first make a copy of document, and then start to edit it... but we all do like you described…
    Edit: sorry, another edit. There are additional saving options under Advanced. Maybe check "Always save backup" and disable saving in background:

AndreTen, Jul 30, 2018
  3. e6250465 Win User
    Can in Nokia 5800 Express music use MS-office - Excel, word & powerpoint application

Can Anyone advice on the following

1. loading & use of MS-Office like Excel, Word & Powerpoint in Nokia 5800

e6250465, Jul 30, 2018
  4. jimbo45 Win User

FREE Powerpoint, Excel, Word 100% compatible clone on Linux VM

Hi there

Those running Linux VM's and missing the Ms office suite on Windows can run an almost identical clone version of EXCEL, WORD and POWERPOINT - even EXCEL XML files work -- the restriction is that you can't use the embedded BASIC Macros of Ms Office -- but if you can live without those this clone beats anything by FAR - including the much more common Libre Office. You can create and save documents too which are 100% handled by the Ms Office products so if you have say EXCEL at work and want to do EXCEL at home on a computer that doesn't have EXCEL installed this is a great solution, (This suite also runs on Windows BTW )- but usually people have Office on their Windows systems.

Note - even without Macros you can create complex spreadsheets far more complicated than the average person uses -- only if you are a tremendous power user of EXCEL or use a load of dynamically updating spreadsheets with data got from the Internet will you find this version a bit restrictive.

There's no e-mail client though but things like Thunderbird IMO are as good as Outlook anyway.

Here's the link - worth a try

Certainly far better than trying to make Ms Office run under something like WINE.

Downloads - WPS Office Community

Here's an example in EXCEL compatibility running on a CENTOS 7 Linux VM.

Have fun

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jul 30, 2018
Thema:

1. MS Suite for Home (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, etc.) - Similar Threads - Suite Home Excel

2. PowerPoint, Word, etc not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PowerPoint, Word, etc not working: Every time I download a PowerPoint, Word Doc, etc a message pops up saying it needs repaired. I push the "Repair Now" button but it just closes the tab. How can I solve this issue?...
  3. PowerPoint, Word, etc not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PowerPoint, Word, etc not working: Every time I download a PowerPoint, Word Doc, etc a message pops up saying it needs repaired. I push the "Repair Now" button but it just closes the tab. How can I solve this issue?...
  4. Microsoft Excel, Word an PowerPoint uninstalled?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Excel, Word an PowerPoint uninstalled?: Yesterday Avast did a clean up of my computer. I tried to open Excel today and it's not there. Neither is Word. It would seem that the Microsoft program was removed. How can I restore it?...
  5. Microsoft word Excel PowerPoint etc..

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft word Excel PowerPoint etc..: Hello can someone please help me.I just finished resetting my computer with the option keep personal files.But when it finished I noticed that microsoft word , Excel, PowerPoint and other have disappeared.I know that they have been removed from the computer through the...
  6. Outlook.Live.com/ Word, Excel, etc.

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook.Live.com/ Word, Excel, etc.: Hi all. One of the e-mail accounts I have is the webmail of Outlook.Live.com I originally created this e-mail account years ago when Windows 10 was first about to launch. As I'm sure many of you will remember, when Windows 10 first launched, they said if you had a current,...
  7. Word, Excel, Access, Powerpoint - Office Suite missing/broken from window search after update.

in Cortana
    Word, Excel, Access, Powerpoint - Office Suite missing/broken from window search after update.: Hi everyone, My office suite broke after an update recently. When searched it shows up but the icon is unclickable and doesn't open the app. Already tried reinstalling office suite, clear index, and some cmd/Powershell command to check for integrity. Best, J...
  8. deleted word, excel, etc

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    deleted word, excel, etc: hello there, just today my partner reset the computer, so we lost everything including our word, excel package. can you help me?? and tell me how to put it back on our laptop Thanks...
  9. Excel, word and Powerpoint

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Excel, word and Powerpoint: I upgraded to Windows 10 but no longer have word , excel or powerpoint. I cannot open documents without these apps. How can i get them back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/excel-word-and-powerpoint/c83a9936-e2e5-4e77-8546-b0b543435c3f"
  10. Autosave documents in Word, Excel, Powerpoint

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Autosave documents in Word, Excel, Powerpoint: There is now a "feature" which has lost me documents (or would have had I not had backups). As many people do, I sometimes load an old document to act as a template, making suitable amendments and saving it under a new name. The problem is that unless I remember to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ms excel access word etc