Windows 10: MS UAC File Virtualization/Operational

Discus and support MS UAC File Virtualization/Operational in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I was browsing through my event viewer today and I came across this event. I've looked around for an answer, and while I did find some information, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by paigeorge, Feb 4, 2016.

1. paigeorge Win User

MS UAC File Virtualization/Operational

I was browsing through my event viewer today and I came across this event. I've looked around for an answer, and while I did find some information, it really only confused me more. If anyone can tell me what this is (I'm just a newb) I would really appreciate it. Also, I'm confused by the reference to "HarddiskVolume2". I only have one SSD in this machine, and the only partitions are the OS and the "restore" created by MS during the installation.

Thanks,
    Paige

Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-UAC-FileVirtualization/Operational
    Source: Microsoft-Windows-UAC-FileVirtualization
    Date: 1/29/2016 5:51:16 PM
    Event ID: 5000
    Task Category: None
    Level: Verbose
    Keywords:
    User: PAIGEDESKTOP\Paige Perry
    Computer: PaigeDesktop
    Description:
    Operation on file "\Device\HarddiskVolume2\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.Messaging_2.13.20000.0_x86__8wekyb3d8bbwe\SkypeHost.exe" excluded from virtualization.
    Event Xml:
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    <System>
    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-UAC-FileVirtualization" Guid="{C02AFC2B-E24E-4449-AD76-BCC2C2575EAD}" />
    <EventID>5000</EventID>
    <Version>0</Version>
    <Level>5</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x8000000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2016-01-29T22:51:16.451156500Z" />
    <EventRecordID>17</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Execution ProcessID="6412" ThreadID="6908" />
    <Channel>Microsoft-Windows-UAC-FileVirtualization/Operational</Channel>
    <Computer>PaigeDesktop</Computer>
    <Security UserID="S-1-5-21-1311319171-3916018615-375967268-1001" />
    </System>
    <EventData>
    <Data Name="Flags">0</Data>
    <Data Name="SidLength">28</Data>
    <Data Name="Sid">S-1-5-21-1311319171-3916018615-375967268-1001</Data>
    <Data Name="FileNameLength">115</Data>
    <Data Name="FileNameBuffer">\Device\HarddiskVolume2\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.Messaging_2.13.20000.0_x86__8wekyb3d8bbwe\SkypeHost.exe</Data>
    <Data Name="ProcessImageNameLength">52</Data>
    <Data Name="ProcessImageNameBuffer">\Device\HarddiskVolume2\Windows\SysWOW64\dllhost.exe</Data>
    <Data Name="CreateOptions">16908384</Data>
    <Data Name="DesiredAccess">1179785</Data>
    <Data Name="IrpMajorFunction">0</Data>
    <Data Name="Exclusions">1024</Data>
    </EventData>
    </Event>

:)

paigeorge, Feb 4, 2016

2. UAC virtualization of regedit

Hello,

Thank you for the update.

We understand that you have posted the query in TechNet forums and it seems that EckiS has given a solution to your query on Saturday, March 12, 2016 at 2:27 PM.

Please let us know if you require any other assistance.

Thank you.

Have a great day!

Amarjeet_Paul, Feb 4, 2016
  3. UAC virtualization of regedit

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To do so: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For
    added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft
    Knowledge Base:

322756 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/ )

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

For further assistance in this regards, I suggest you to please get in touch with our
    TechNet team through below link to resolve the issue:

Technet forums - Windows 10 IT Pro

Our TechNet team will assist you better in this regard.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Feb 4, 2016
Thema:

MS UAC File Virtualization/Operational

1. MS UAC File Virtualization/Operational - Similar Threads - UAC File Virtualization

2. The UAC File Virtualization service failed to start due to the following error: This...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The UAC File Virtualization service failed to start due to the following error: This...: I have not tried to correct the issue yet. I am looking to see has anyone experienced this issue. I would like to gather information on how to resolve the problem....
  3. The UAC File Virtualization service failed to start due to the following error: This...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The UAC File Virtualization service failed to start due to the following error: This...: I have not tried to correct the issue yet. I am looking to see has anyone experienced this issue. I would like to gather information on how to resolve the problem....
  4. The UAC File Virtualization service failed to start due to the following error: This...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Virtual Disk Service error: The operation is not supported by the object.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virtual Disk Service error: The operation is not supported by the object.: I had dual booted a linux operating system in my HDD and now as I have removed it, i want to delete all the partitions and want to merge the unallocated disk space to my D drive and for that I had to delete the partitions but it gives me an error when I try to delete them...
  6. Windows10 and Virtual 32 bit virtual operating system

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows10 and Virtual 32 bit virtual operating system: I need to have a virtual 32-bit operating system Windows inside my 64-bit Windows10. How to proceed? Thanks a lot! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows10-and-virtual-32-bit-virtual-operating/6e123c8c-eb5d-4649-9ded-aa8433b639a9
  7. Inaccessible program files and/or UAC

in Windows 10 Support
    Inaccessible program files and/or UAC: Hello earthlings. Two questions about executables (program files). Or UAC? Or executables and UAC. I'm not sure. Is it possible to make a permanent change of an executable's process priority? If the process priority is changed by using the task manager, the change will only...
  8. MS Virtual support

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MS Virtual support: When you have a problem and Microsoft send you to a forum for answers. Then all you find is that other people have the same problem how can you say your problem has been solved? Then you are asked to rate the help 1 star being the worst rating. Its no help at all a Zero...
  9. Constant UAC pop up for file operation.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Constant UAC pop up for file operation.: Hi All For the past few weeks, every time I boot my laptop the user account control starts repeatedly popping up. It says for a Microsoft File Operation. So I click 'yes' and keep doing it over and over, sometimes it will say a particular folder doesn't exist and would I...
  10. UAC virtualization

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    UAC virtualization: In the task manager, details tab, there two internet explorer.exe. One version, PID 2204 when left clicked shows UAC virtualization checked. the other, internet explorer.exe, PID 5660 is not checked. Questions: 1: What is UAC virtualization ? 2: Should it be checked ? 3:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. let uac file/registry virtualization do its magi

2. event id 5000 uac-filevirtualization

3. uac operational