Windows 10: MS Update 1803 Bluetooth, No COM ports in device manageris created.

Discus and support MS Update 1803 Bluetooth, No COM ports in device manageris created. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After upgrading to 1803 no COM ports are created (Device Manager -> Ports -> Standard Serial over Bluetooth Link) when pairing with our BT device. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by sholby, May 14, 2018.

1. sholby Win User

MS Update 1803 Bluetooth, No COM ports in device manageris created.

After upgrading to 1803 no COM ports are created (Device Manager -> Ports -> Standard Serial over Bluetooth Link) when pairing with our BT device.
    This seems to relate mainly to only BT devices that uses the build in Microsoft driver and almost all our customers use dongles that uses MS standard driver.

In one occasion in 20 I managed to create a COM port manually that actually works on 19 it fails.

We have tried all ideas found on the net but nothing works.
    Is it just to await that MS sends out a new driver or is this the end of MS Standard driver?

Svend

:)

sholby, May 14, 2018

2. Bluetooth Com Port

Does anybody know where windows mobile 6 stores the com port it is using for bluetooth communications ?

I am trying to programmatically change the device a com port points to, as there appears to be a limit of two devices on the pda i have, and i need to talk to about 50 devices now and again, and i do not want to use the ui to set up / remove profiles, i
    need to do this under program control.

The com ports that are in the HKLM/software/microsoft/bluetooth/serial/ports/ xxxxx bt address / port

is the location that the bluetooth setup uses, but if i change this with reg edit, it still uses the original port as set during initial setup, so there must be some mapping somewhere.

For information.

Windows Mobile 6 proffesional

native c

ms bluetooth stack

Help !!!!

8a88b95f-c72e-4613-aa2b-c9ed1aefd6dc, May 16, 2018
  3. HANSXY Win User
    Establishing a Bluetooth Com Port

Hi, I have WM6 and ran into the same problem. But even after having created a Bluetooth partnership (does partnership equal the term "pairing"?), I still can't find the COM port under COM ports. Have you ever been able to establish a COM port that allows
    you taping and editing it in the COM section?

HANSXY, May 16, 2018
Thema:

MS Update 1803 Bluetooth, No COM ports in device manageris created.

1. MS Update 1803 Bluetooth, No COM ports in device manageris created. - Similar Threads - Update 1803 Bluetooth

2. COM port

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    COM port: I am using window 10, I tried to communicate with arduino mega 2560 by grbl controller. its connected but not active some times its active. why it happened. I tried many times I thoiught the com port service is inturupted by itself?...
  3. COM ports

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    COM ports: Where are the COM ports on windows 11? Looked through device manager and couldnt find any. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/com-ports/e9069c14-9696-4ac5-99df-a5a67079048a
  4. com ports

in Windows 10 Customization
    com ports: How do I clear in use com ports in win 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/com-ports/13a6b2f9-f52d-467c-a680-4bfa363a639f
  5. Com Port

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Com Port: My Com 3 Port was working fine and I now plugged in a device and I see 2- Com 2 ports and 1- Com 2 port, none of which are connecting to my device? How can I reinstall the Com 3 port driver if I delete the current one can I still download it>...
  6. Bluetooth virtual COM port

Bluetooth virtual COM port: Hello everyone I'm having trouble to open connection with a bluetooth device with a virtual com port SPP. I'm able to pair it Through bluetooth settings>advanced settings > Com port > add and everything goes fine. But when I want to open the connection with a software Here...
  7. Clashing devices on serial COM ports

Clashing devices on serial COM ports: I am using a Windows 10 Enterprise x64 PC. I have an Adafruit Feather M0 Express board and a Kortek touchscreen. I can use either of these devices individually on the PC. They work over serial communications. However, when I install the drivers for the touchscreen, the...
  8. Com ports

Com ports: Whenever I try to use serial communation I get an error code #12. The message is I don't have enough room for the com port. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/com-ports/2cc86c83-2c30-4ef6-b30b-32cbe6508edb
  9. Com Ports

Com Ports: I'm having a problem with com port #5. It gives me a yellow sign with a quote. Whats happening is when I try to make changes to To my Mitsubishi GX 2000 software program for PLC logic controllers it tells me I have a problem with my comm port. I don't think I'm using a comm...
  10. Com ports

in Windows 10 Customization
    Com ports: Where do I find the com port's that are assigned to a device that is connected with Bluetooth https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/com-ports/1ebde4c0-a50f-4066-aaf1-ef4c7399ebe7