Windows 10: MS update around 3/7/2018 seems to have killed my internet connection

Discus and support MS update around 3/7/2018 seems to have killed my internet connection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I woke up and turned the computer on and there was no internet connection. Similar second machine not affected (hence, I can post here). Looking... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by alternety, Mar 9, 2018.

1. alternety Win User

MS update around 3/7/2018 seems to have killed my internet connection

I woke up and turned the computer on and there was no internet connection. Similar second machine not affected (hence, I can post here).

Looking through network settings, my normal Ethernet interface seems to have lost it's settings. It is now an unidentified network. I have tried entering some parameters, but I am not really understanding what I need to do.

The solution is to just refresh the parameters for the TCP addresses and parameters. Net addresses, router IP, etc. If not using DHCP, just go through the various fields with your local IP addresses.

:)

alternety, Mar 9, 2018
  2. Lunever Win User

KB4054517

Same here. History issue for KB4056892 and KB4054517 (for my old secondary AMD Desktop, newer AMD desktop and Surface Book work fine including all current updates):

1) 3. January 2018: All updates were installed properly.

2) 4. January 2018: KB4056892 - like for so many other users with older AMD processors that hotfix killed my system into an unbootable state. All windows restore attempts failed. Had to completely reinstall Win10 (via MS Media Creation tool).

3.) 10. January 2018: After reinstalling Windows 10, KB4056892 killed my system again. Despite the issue being known by now, microsoft support hotline keeps users telling to reinstall windows. Officially MS stated days ago, that the buggy update was withdrawn,
    but it's still in Windows Update and keeps killing machines.

4.) Reinstalled again. Tried to use wushowhide to block KB4056892. Didn't work, KB4056892 doesn't show up anymore, seems finally MS removed it. Created a windows restore usb stick. Installed all my programs again, a time-consuming process over several days.

-> 5.) KB4054517 keeps reinstalling in an endless loop. Totally drowns the systems performance. After several failed loops, I installed KB4054517 from a standalone installer, kills my system again into an unbootable state. Restored from usb stick. Lost all
    programs again.

6.) KB4054517 keeps looping. Blocked KB4054517 via wushowhide. KB4054517 keeps installing.

7.) 14. January 2018: 10th day of trying to just make the machine that microsoft's shoddy update killed just to get to work again as it used to. Seems at least after a final installation fail after blocking it, KB4054517 finally stopped reinstalling. Maybe
    now I can reinstall my progs without having to do it again and again.

And, currently I keep finding multiple reports of other users with identical issues and Microsoft still dishes out silly standard advice. These hotfixes are buggy, MS developement needs to fix this ASAP. And MS support needs to acknowledge this issue an
    adress it properly.

Lunever, Mar 9, 2018
  3. Windows update seems to have killed my phone

I just downloaded the new Windows 8 update on my Nokia Lumia 1020 and now it is DEAD !!!!! No response to anything .Won't show screen , Won't turn off or on , Nothing , Nil ,zilch , F*cked . What can I do ?

Michael 440, Mar 9, 2018
Thema:

MS update around 3/7/2018 seems to have killed my internet connection

1. MS update around 3/7/2018 seems to have killed my internet connection - Similar Threads - update around 2018

2. Win 11 seems to have killed my laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 seems to have killed my laptop.: Just upgraded my Lenovo laptop to Win 11. Upgrading to windows 11 has destroyed my laptop. It turns on for 1-2 seconds, then back off, then turns back on for 1-2 seconds, then back off, and just repeats. There's no time to put it into safe mode and i don't really know how,...
  3. Win 11 seems to have killed my laptop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 11 seems to have killed my laptop.: Just upgraded my Lenovo laptop to Win 11. Upgrading to windows 11 has destroyed my laptop. It turns on for 1-2 seconds, then back off, then turns back on for 1-2 seconds, then back off, and just repeats. There's no time to put it into safe mode and i don't really know how,...
  4. Windows 10 updates have killed my internet connection

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 updates have killed my internet connection: I installed the latest security updates and it appears to have severely effected my network interface card. It's the same issue that's affected millions of users over the past few years but with there wifi connections. I've followed all the steps detailed in every forum...
  5. Win10.1909, I have Internet connection but MS APP says no. How to work around.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win10.1909, I have Internet connection but MS APP says no. How to work around.: I have a somewhat weird network setup on my Windows 10.1909 host PC . I have a Wifi NIC on my host Windows and it has been associated with my 802.11 AP. I do not configure an IP address for my physical Wifi NIC. Inside my host PC, I have a virtual machine running pfSense...
  6. Has MS killed Windows 7 Internet Backgammon? 0x80041006

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Has MS killed Windows 7 Internet Backgammon? 0x80041006: This is one of my favorite games but for the last week or two I keep getting the 0x80041006 error that would appear but then get cleaned up after a few days. This has been a long hiatus. Hope they do not kill it. The optional games they have are not nearly as good....
  7. Windows update kills my internet connection...

Windows update kills my internet connection...: On my wife's Surface, every night Windows runs the latest update and loses the internet connection. Every morning I uninstall the update and the internet connection is back... Can you fix this problem?...
  8. Windows 10 Update (3 Sept. 2018) killed my laptop.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Update (3 Sept. 2018) killed my laptop.: Prior to 3 September 2018 my laptop computer (Panasonic CF-30K) was running Windows 10 just fine. Then Windows updated automatically and a message on the screen said something like "Schedule Restart or Restart now" so I selected the "Restart Now" option and my computer began...
  9. after installing the April 2018 update i have no internet connection

after installing the April 2018 update i have no internet connection: after installing the April 2018 update i have no internet connection https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/after-installing-the-april-2018-update-i-have-no/e95eb368-1107-4baa-b079-2152046934cb
  10. Creators Update killed my internet connection ?

Creators Update killed my internet connection ?: After the Windows 10 32 bit automatic Fall Creators Update install....this PC running Win 10 32 bit lost all internet service/connections - trouble shooter said windows pci wifi card was not operationg. Tried everything I could think of...even ordered a new pci network...