Windows 10: MS Updates Rename "MyDocs" folder

Discus and support MS Updates Rename "MyDocs" folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; MS Updates Rename “MyDocs” folder Hi everybody, In the last 3 years I installed Windows 10 Pro and Enterprise from scratch on about 10 computers.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MozartMan, Aug 26, 2018.

1. MozartMan Win User

MS Updates Rename "MyDocs" folder

MS Updates Rename “MyDocs” folder

Hi everybody,

In the last 3 years I installed Windows 10 Pro and Enterprise from scratch on about 10 computers. After installation I do a lot of customization. One of the customizations is:

Every computer has physical D drive.
    I create new folder on D drive called “MyDocs”
    I go to my profile folder on C drive
    Right-clilck on “Documents” folder
    Click “Location” tab
    Click "Move" button
    Select “MyDocs” folder on D drive

The issue is that after maybe 70-80% of the time after I run MS updates “MyDocs” folder on D drive is renamed back to “Documents” folder.

Does anybody have similar setup with “Documents” folder and have similar issue.
    And how to stop renaming?

Thanks.

:)

MozartMan, Aug 26, 2018

2. files and folders "renaming music folder to audio"

Hello,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

• Are you facing any issues in renaming folder?
    • When you say, "music folder does not apply anymore as a primary designation" what exactly are you referring to?
    Follow the steps below to rename folder:

• Right click on a folder which you want to rename.
    • Select Rename and enter new name for it.
    Hope this helps. Kindly get back to us with the above details to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Aug 27, 2018
  3. Can't rename folder.

Hi Howard,

It is possible that the difficulty renaming your folder is due to access/account limitation or a recent change was made on your computer. For better assistance, please answer the following questions:

• Are you getting an error message when trying to rename the folder?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried?
    • Can you send us a screenshot of the "Public" folders?

We will be waiting for your response.

Dennis Mop, Aug 27, 2018
  4. MS Updates Rename "MyDocs" folder

Rename folders

Hi,

Failure to rename folders on your device may indicate a corrupted components preventing the renaming process to work properly. To isolate your concern, we'd like to ask the following:

• Which update have you recently done on your device?
    • Which Windows build version is running on your device? Type winver
      in the search box and press Enter to help you identify.

In addition, we suggest that you replicate the concern while you're in the clean boot environment. To do this, follow the steps provided on this

support article
    and check if the issue persists. If not, proceed to the
    How to determine what is causing the problem after you do a clean boot
    topic to identify the error.

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, Aug 27, 2018
Thema:

MS Updates Rename "MyDocs" folder

1. MS Updates Rename "MyDocs" folder - Similar Threads - Updates Rename MyDocs

2. Cannot rename folders or update windows

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot rename folders or update windows: I have two problems with my W10 desktop 22H2 build 19045.2728 from March 14, 2023 that seem to be related though correlation is not necessarily causation, I feel the underlying issue is the same here but then again: it might not be.Issue 1: cannot rename folders in...
  3. Cannot rename folders or update windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot rename folders or update windows: I have two problems with my W10 desktop 22H2 build 19045.2728 from March 14, 2023 that seem to be related though correlation is not necessarily causation, I feel the underlying issue is the same here but then again: it might not be.Issue 1: cannot rename folders in...
  4. Cannot rename folders or update windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Renaming a Folder

Renaming a Folder: HelloI transferred a folder to Google Drive as a back up. It seems automatically the original folder was named as MobilMover.exe., and my original folder was made sub-folder! I am not sure what the folder name MobilMover.exe is doing? I tried to rename it but will not allow...
  6. Renaming a Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Renaming a Folder: HelloI transferred a folder to Google Drive as a back up. It seems automatically the original folder was named as MobilMover.exe., and my original folder was made sub-folder! I am not sure what the folder name MobilMover.exe is doing? I tried to rename it but will not allow...
  7. Renaming a Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. MS Autopilot and Computer rename

in Windows 10 Customization
    MS Autopilot and Computer rename: Hi there, We have a serial number naming convention on our estate - We are moving to AAD with giving users the OOBE using InTune and Autopilot. One issue we came across was the %SERIAL% needs to have a parameter before it eg DESK-%SERIAL% - Is there anyway around this or...
  9. renaming folders

renaming folders: I cannot rename folders with the usual right click method. When I right click and try to rename, I get 2 messages: 1) "Can't find the specified file." Then when I x out of that message, I get: 2) "The file or folder does not exist." I can rename the folder by going to the...
  10. Rename folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Rename folder: Hi It's not possible Rename. When you change the name, all five folders change to the same. Best regards, Peter[ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/rename-folder/5ae40fa8-392b-4a94-ace7-fc1d5aa6c2ab