Windows 10: MS User Account Avatar now is v.low definition

Discus and support MS User Account Avatar now is v.low definition in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Not an important point, but the avatar on my lock screen has become extremely blurry and low definition over time: [img] Originally it was taken... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Fafhrd, Oct 24, 2017.

1. Fafhrd Win User

MS User Account Avatar now is v.low definition

Not an important point, but the avatar on my lock screen has become extremely blurry and low definition over time:

MS User Account Avatar now is v.low definition [​IMG]

Originally it was taken from a wallpaper that I had on a Windows installation, which got synced across various Windows installations that I had signed into with my MS account, and the wallpaper itself became degraded after different screen resolutions seemed to re-sync and the image became stretched, shrunk and re-fitted to different screens.
    It's as if it has been re-sampled several times.

Here is the original, which shows the photographer and studio reflected in the cat's eyes.

:)

Fafhrd, Oct 24, 2017
  2. 1.2
    1.2 Win User

"Other User" warning at logon overriding Ctrl+Alt+Del logon method (SOLVED)

UPDATE: Solved!

Only 1 account present on this computer, mine (Local/Administrator). No guest, secondary or MS accounts.

When I turn the computer on I'm presented with a screen listing "Other User" and a description saying I need to provide an username/password), plus an "OK" button.

Press "OK" and now I'm at the logon screen, there's a generic avatar with the title "Other User" and the username and password fields. The password field is selected by default. If you started by typing your username, it's time to delete it all and
    Shift+Tab to change fields.

Type your credentials and it goes normally from there.

I upgraded from 8.1 Pro earlier this month, its behavior was:

- Turn on computer

- Greeted by the Welcome screen/Lock screen

- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to trigger the logon username/password fields (username field selected by default)

- Type credentials

Now in Windows 10, I don't even see my lock screen requiring Ctrl+Alt+Del (even though it's set as required on netplwiz), it's always this "Other User" thing.

Any way to make it like 8.1?

UPDATE: Solved! It seems that having these:

- Only 1 active account

- No hidden accounts enabled (e.g. Guest and the Administrator account disabled through secpol.msc)

- Username/Password required for logon + CAD method for logon

Will result in that behavior, just now I re-enabled the Administrator account and the Lock Screen/Welcome Screen now appears at startup prompting for the Ctrl+Alt+Del combo.

Hit it and the next screen will have the default avatar with "Other User" written under it plus the username/password fields (username selected by default!).

I would rather have just the avatar present or the username/pass fields, none of this "other user" nonsense, but this is good enough.

3. Local computer account and Homegroup avatar

I changed the local user account name on one of my computers and now it shows the default windows account avatar in the homegroup instead of the profile picture set up on the computer.

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Network & internet]

rabrown22000, Oct 24, 2017
  4. Bastet Win User

I’ve had the same after a major update like CrU or the recent FaU, I just rechoose the photo & the resolution is back.

Bastet, Oct 24, 2017
  5. Fafhrd Win User
    Yes I did the same. Now only a bit fuzzy compared to the original:

now one of the 2 smaller avatars (green bar at bottom) is high def, and the other is v. fuzzy???

Fafhrd, Oct 24, 2017
  6. Cliff S New Member
    Chris, are you using jpeg(too compressed, phooey) or png(better)?
    Or better yet, try a high quality bitmap(lossless) version.

Cliff S, Oct 24, 2017
  7. Bastet Win User
    My avatar after the FaU:

I chose the smaller of the same photo & resolution was better but not as good as it used to be:

Bastet, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. MS User Account Avatar now is v.low definition - Similar Threads - User Account Avatar

2. Why MS account now?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why MS account now?: After an update for Windows 10, after I get in using my local account password it says "add your microsoft account" There is NO option to bypass this. Any suggestions? So far Mr Google has been no help. No matter what the answers say, there is no fine print that says "use...
  3. MS account avatar not syncing with Edge

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    MS account avatar not syncing with Edge: As title says. I use Edge for work related stuff, and my MS account avatar is not showing up in Edge. Im logged in and everything is set to sync. And yup, 24h passed. Any ideas? PS. my avatar is not being updated in other ms apps, including ms office that i use for work....
  4. Windows 10 User Avatar and Password Box Not Shown

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 User Avatar and Password Box Not Shown: Good afternoon; I am currently assisting one of my clients with a PC issue that they are having after the Windows 10 1903 Update and I am at the point where a reinstall looks like the better option, but I thought to reach out to the MS Community first. The computer...
  5. user selection in my MS account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    user selection in my MS account: I have three users in my MS account plus default and public (no, I don't know how they got there). I find that the wrong user is being used in programs. How do I change the default? Thanks 113361
  6. MS account removal process terminated and now can add an MS account to

MS account removal process terminated and now can add an MS account to: Odd thing happened to me yesterday. Windows 10 Home. Version 1607 (OS Build 14393.187) I have had both a local and an MS account configured on my pc. And both have worked for some time. Yesterday, I decided to remove my MS account from my pc and just retain the local...
  7. MS accounts & user a/c names

MS accounts & user a/c names: i have a registered Windows 10 installed on my 1st hard drive but after Windows Update screwed it up i am doing a clean install onto a 2nd hard drive. but upon install after entering my license key it then prompted me for a user account name and password. I don't have one so...
  8. A tip for users changing ms account & ms store.

A tip for users changing ms account & ms store.: Today I changed my outlook account to my original gmail account. In an earlier post I gave a tip to fix onedrive. This time I found out the the ms store was asking for outlook account password, did not work. Microsoft support could not help either. But refusing to give up I...
  9. 2 avatars

in Windows 10 Support
    2 avatars: Win 10 suddenly started showing 2 avatar places on the login screen, but I only have one active user account. Michael 2740
  10. MS is now previewing Hyper-V Containers on Win10 with build 14352

in Windows 10 News
    MS is now previewing Hyper-V Containers on Win10 with build 14352: Microsoft is now previewing Hyper-V Containers on Windows 10 with build 14352 [img] Starting with Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14352, Microsoft has begun previewing Hyper-V Containers in Windows 10. Microsoft’s Neil Peterson introduced the concept of...