Windows 10: MS Wireless Display Adapter

Discus and support MS Wireless Display Adapter in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a MS Wireless Display Adapter for my TV set. It works with my SURFACE, but will not work with my Desktop PC! I purchased a Bluetooth dongle... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Tully, May 9, 2016.

1. Tully Win User

MS Wireless Display Adapter

I have a MS Wireless Display Adapter for my TV set.
    It works with my SURFACE, but will not work with my Desktop PC!

I purchased a Bluetooth dongle & installed it on me Desktop Win 10.
    The Bluetooth was purchased from Maplin in Dublin Ireland.
    I used the CD install disk & the dongle shows up in the DEVICE MANAGER as working!
    But it does not work with my Desktop PC!

My question is:

Will my MS Wireless Display Adapter work with a Bluetooth USB adapter on a Desktop PC?
    If SO, how do I set it up!
    If NOT, what do I have to do to get it to display on my TV?

It works using my Surface Tablet!
    What does the Surface Tablet have that my Desktop PC Doesn't have?
    It is a ASUS Motherboard in my Desktop PC.

Any help is appreciated as this is intended to be used in a retirement home to teach
    the "OLD FOLKS" about computers. I am one of them (87) but I am very computer literate!

That "OLD FART"

The oldest member of Win 10 Forum

:)

Tully, May 9, 2016
  2. nuscape Win User

File explorer crashes and wont open when running wireless display adaptor

I have the same issue with my surface pro 4 when connected to MS Wireless display adapter ver.2 .

File explorer crashed all the time.

My Surface pro 4 is working fine if I disconnect from MS Wireless display adapter.

nuscape, May 9, 2016
  3. MS Wireless Display Adapter

I purchased a Wireless Display Adapter from a Microsoft Store a little while ago, and so far it's only been used on TVs, however I'd also like to be able to use it with the Dell P2014H monitor, but the problem is that it doesn't have any HDMI ports(it has
    DP, DVI, VGA, USB). Now of course that kind of problem could usually be fixed easily with an adapter, and so I'm looking to buy

this DP to HDMI adapter.
    Before I buy this though, I just wanted to make sure that the Wireless Display Adapter would actually support having the HDMI end connected to an HDMI to DP adapter. I'm sure it would be but better to verify before I spend my money
    on one.

Nettlebane, May 9, 2016
  4. Word Man Win User

Hi, Tully. "Bluetooth" and "Wireless" ( "WiFi") are two separate and distinct radio frequencies. You would need a WiFi dongle for this job unless the wireless display adapter already hooked to your TV has a Bluetooth option built-in/switchable.

Word Man, May 9, 2016
  5. Kari Win User
    Exactly.

The Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter uses Miracast technology which in its turn uses WiFi.

Read more:

Kari, May 9, 2016
  6. Tully Win User
    Did not know "Mira Cast" was " Wi-FI"!

"We get so soon old & so late smart!"

Tully, May 9, 2016
  7. Tully Win User
    Did not know "Mira Cast" was "WiFi!

"I get so soon old & so late smart"

Tully, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. MS Wireless Display Adapter - Similar Threads - Wireless Display Adapter

2. Wireless Display Adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wireless Display Adapter: I have a Microsoft Wireless Display adapterFirmware version: 3.9520.47Plugged into a 4K Hisense TV HDMI port.When I switch the TV to that HDMI port it says the connection is 3840x2160P as expected.It also says 8bit BT2020 16:9 YUV444HDR10BUT some detail is missing. Most...
  3. Wireless display adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless display adapter: Just installed the wireless display adapter, followed the instructions, and it worked perfectly. It projected my desktop to my TV perfectly, but then I started playing around with settings and started trying the different display modes. I connected my TV using a display mode...
  4. Wireless display adapters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless display adapters: Does Microsoft have a wireless display adapter that with work on 2 separate projector in the same conference room or can I buy 2 wireless display adapters one for each projector and then connect to them and have the same screen image on both projectors....
  5. Wireless display adapters

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wireless display adapters: Does Microsoft have a wireless display adapter that with work on 2 separate projector in the same conference room or can I buy 2 wireless display adapters one for each projector and then connect to them and have the same screen image on both projectors....
  6. wireless display adapter

wireless display adapter: I am trying to find the mac address of my wireless display adapter but i cant find it and have no idea how to do it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-display-adapter/757faf92-9bf0-43ae-a92d-f6ef881d3827
  7. Wireless display adapter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wireless display adapter: I'm trying to connect the wireless display adapter to my pc on windows 11 and when i try to connect it, it shows connecting but after like 5 to 10 seconds it says disconnected i have no idea how to fix it i have troubleshot the best of my ability if there's any other ways...
  8. Wireless Display Adapter

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Wireless Display Adapter: How to fix this issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-display-adapter/3055f568-416e-4290-b86b-e02d69f02d1a
  9. Wireless Display adapter

Wireless Display adapter: I need help to know where to get better logging on Microsoft Wireless Display adapters. I own two adapters. Both doing the same. I can connect fine to them some time... and then .. it stops working. I was able to get firmware updated last time I connected but for life of...
  10. MS Wireless Display Adapter / my TV

MS Wireless Display Adapter / my TV: Adapter installed in my Windows 10 Pro laptop. TV screen display "Ready for Connection". Both Adapter and TV listed in My Devices ("Unconnected") Action Center does not list either device to allow Connection. (Firewall allows both Private and Public use)...