Windows 10: MS wireless mouse pointer stutters and jerks

Discus and support MS wireless mouse pointer stutters and jerks in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; MS wireless keyboard 800 and mouse 1000 combo. Latest MS drivers and clean install of windows 10 home. The mouse pointer frequently jerks and jumps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by aldel, Aug 29, 2015.

1. aldel Win User

MS wireless mouse pointer stutters and jerks

MS wireless keyboard 800 and mouse 1000 combo. Latest MS drivers and clean install of windows 10 home.
    The mouse pointer frequently jerks and jumps and then after a few seconds releases and runs smoothly again. New batteries make no difference. I have moved the little receiver into various USB slots, type 2and3, to no effect.
    Anyone else having this problem?

:)

aldel, Aug 29, 2015
  2. TwanMerks Win User

Mouse lag after upgrading to Windows 10

same here, mouse lag/stutter with ANY wireless mouse on Windows 10

TwanMerks, Aug 29, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Mouse Delay Bug

I had the same issue with a Dell Latitude E6410, here's what I did to resolve it, strange but true:

* Go to Control Panel ->Hardware and Sound -> Mouse

* Go under the pointer tab

* Uncheck "Enable pointer shadow", apply

* Close Control Panel

* Check for mouse stutter, if everything is okay turn the shadow back on.

In my case I noticed that the mouse pointer action has changed, the mouse has not paused since this change, A blue busy ring now appears next to the pointer where in the past it would
    stop the mouse pointer dead for a few seconds, now the pointer is snappy and precise.

NetDriveLtd, Aug 29, 2015
  4. ZIG
    zig Win User

Have the same problem. Changed battery's updated driver . I am at a loss so far. Never had a problem in win 7 x64

5. nduncan Win User
    I am having similar problems on a new build that was updated from 8.0>8.1>then 10. I hadn't used 8.0 or 8.1 long enough to really know if it is isolated to 10 though. I was having problems with both a wireless Logitech and wireless Microsoft mouse. I have both USB 3.0 and a mini pcie wireless card adjacent to the USB 2.0 ports. I put the receiver on a USB extension and have had less problems. Chrome seems to be causing issues still since that is where it is more noticeable still. I had just tried reinstalling SetPoint and turning hardware acceleration off for Chrome, but I have not found a solid solution yet.

nduncan, Oct 12, 2015
  6. TrustMe Win User
    I had the same problem and it drive me nuts. Like nduncan said, I got a 2 or 3 foot USB extension cable and moved the mouse dongle away from the computer. This totally worked for me. I read it has something to do with the 2.4GHz frequency of the mouse and the new cpu's interfering with them. I don't know what to do if your on a laptop.

TrustMe, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. MS wireless mouse pointer stutters and jerks - Similar Threads - wireless mouse pointer

2. Wireless mouse stutter.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless mouse stutter.: I've an issue with m590 stuttering when thumbdrive is plugged-in and do some file transfer.I doubt that this may be caused by not enough of power to the usb port.*W10 20h2 19042.1526...
  3. Wireless mouse stutter.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wireless mouse stutter.: I've an issue with m590 stuttering when thumbdrive is plugged-in and do some file transfer.I doubt that this may be caused by not enough of power to the usb port.*W10 20h2 19042.1526...
  4. Wireless mouse stutter.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Wireless mouse stuttering

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wireless mouse stuttering: When I play games, browsing or just moving my mouse on the homepage, it sometimes start stuttering hard. How do I fix this? Im using the "GXT 130 Ranoo Wireless Gaming Mouse" from Trust. submitted by /u/iAmCaptainSunshine [link] [comments]...
  6. Microsoft Wireless Mouse/pointer disappears

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Wireless Mouse/pointer disappears: Hello everyone, When ever I use Word my pointer disappears 90% of the time and I do not have to be typing for this to happen so it is not a problem on set up where you can make the pointer disappear when you are typing. Its very frustrating, does not do this on Excel or...
  7. Mouse pointer periodically freezes and stutters

Mouse pointer periodically freezes and stutters: As the title implies, the mouse on my windows 10 laptop will occasionally freeze and stutter semi-uncontrollably. This typically happens while in-game, especially when loading a game. I have done a bit of research and tried some generic fixes reinstalling drivers, etc and...
  8. Wireless Mouse Pointer Issue

Wireless Mouse Pointer Issue: I have a wireless mouse that I just bought about 6 months ago. I was using the mouse when suddenly the pointer changed from the standard pointer to something that looks like a zipper. Any suggestions or fixes? I'm not a computer wiz by any stretch of the imagination so please...
  9. Mouse jerking, not moving, and not clicking

Mouse jerking, not moving, and not clicking: Okay, so first off I want to say that one of my 3.0 drives has had this problem for a while, but now it's all my drives. It only moves barely and it bothers me, I can barely do anything on here now. I'm not sure if it's my mouse or the computer. But my computer has had a lot...
  10. New wireless mouse still jerks cursor across the screen

New wireless mouse still jerks cursor across the screen: I got a new mouse because the old one was jerking the cursor across the screen, sometimes in mid sentence while I am typing. It is very frustrating because if I am looking at the copy that I typing from instead of the screen, it will start typing somewhere else on the page...