Windows 10: MS Word 2016 Resets TOC ALL Page #'s to the Same Page Number (2 or 3)

Discus and support MS Word 2016 Resets TOC ALL Page #'s to the Same Page Number (2 or 3) in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I'm giving this a try here as I seem to find answers to most issues on this web site. After working without this problem until today, MS Word 2016... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Dugly, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Dugly Win User

MS Word 2016 Resets TOC ALL Page #'s to the Same Page Number (2 or 3)

I'm giving this a try here as I seem to find answers to most issues on this web site.

After working without this problem until today, MS Word 2016 (on Win10) has suddenly started to reset all the page numbering on my Table of Contents to a single number: either 2 or 3. The problem occurs most often with templates.

I don't know if I'm the cause of this issue, as I have done a lot of document formatting lately, including formatting many templates and saving new headings etc. to the Styles library.

I have checked other sources on the web without seeing anything that provides a solution. One suggested workaround, i.e., locking the TOC with CTRL-F11 & unlocking it when I want to refresh the TOC, isn't an option for me. I distribute templates to co-workers and I don't want to export the problem if it's something I caused and could be transmitted to their settings.

:)

Dugly, Apr 20, 2017

2. Send Page by Email no longer working in Internet Explorer after the Anniversary upgrade.

Original title: Expoler 11 after Anniversay update

'Send Page by Email' no longer working after the Anniversary Up Grade [10/08/16] when using Outlook 2016 as an email program, this has been a super method of communication for a number of years in my village community. A work around is to copy the whole
    web page and paste into MS Word, re-copy and paste into the message area of Outlook 2016 message, it works.

But why destroy a perfectly good method, using the Share option in Edge does not provide the same experience, no hyperlinks active just a picture image

David_Essex UK, Apr 20, 2017
  3. Unable to accept xbox live TOCs for child account

My child is prompted to accept new TOCs and then the "Parent Needed' page appears. I enter my (parent) sign in details and accept the TOCs, then it takes me back to the "Parent Needed' page in a ground hog like never ending loop.

Yes I have checked and tripple checked that I am the parent and this is my child.

Please sort it out.

Malcolm Boyle, Apr 20, 2017
Thema:

MS Word 2016 Resets TOC ALL Page #'s to the Same Page Number (2 or 3)

1. MS Word 2016 Resets TOC ALL Page #'s to the Same Page Number (2 or 3) - Similar Threads - Word 2016 Resets

2. Word, Footer, Numbering pages x of y starting from page 3, y is wrong

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Word, Footer, Numbering pages x of y starting from page 3, y is wrong: Hi all,My name is Thomas,I am experiencing an issue when I start numbering pages from let's say page 3, the total number of pages includes the first 2 pages I don't number.After Alt+F9I have tried:Page {PAGE} of {NUMPAGES} wich give me the actual total of pages including the...
  3. Page Numbering, Section Breaks, and Continuous Numbering Word 2019

in Windows 10 Customization
    Page Numbering, Section Breaks, and Continuous Numbering Word 2019: Trying to begin page number one on page six. It shows number one on the correct page but will not number any other pages. This is what I have done: -removed all section breaks from the entire document. -I have only two sections. -section two is where I want the numbering...
  4. Page numbers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Page numbers: How do I get rid of the page number on the bottom of the document? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/page-numbers/8bf43c12-1a14-403e-ac13-4f767cd6a3b3
  5. Changing page numbers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing page numbers: How can I change page numbers in Word 365 so that they look like 2.2-1, 2.2-2? Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-page-numbers/ea849eab-53e9-44ad-851c-b81f3d75930c
  6. Word 2016 Won't Print To Select Ranges or Current Page

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Word 2016 Won't Print To Select Ranges or Current Page: Hey everyone, I am currently trying to print 1 page of an 8 page document that I created. Every time I press print it goes into the system tray with a printer icon but it says that there are "0 document(s) pending". And then nothing prints. When I try and print the whole...
  7. Page re-numbering in Word- a real puzzler.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Page re-numbering in Word- a real puzzler.: I have just completed a 65 page document in Word, based on an original which might have been written in Serif PagePlus by me several years ago. A problem has arisen for me over numbering the new pages because some pages from the original are embedded at the top of the page....
  8. Quest about add page number in Ms office 2016 :(

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Quest about add page number in Ms office 2016 :(: How can I start page numbering on any page but not on the first page ? [img] [img] 32783
  9. page numbering

in Microsoft Office and 365
    page numbering: trying to number pages in a doc. the first page number to start on the sixth age. Followed the Microsoft doc titled " start page numbering later in your document" It is refusing to number all the pages just attaches a number to page 1. Tried removing page number and tried...
  10. Tabs Screen only 2/3 of page

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Tabs Screen only 2/3 of page: My Windows 10 Tabs screen ust shows on 2/3rd of page approximately. I would rather it filled the whole page. Could someone suggest a fix please Many thanks Vic 13548