Windows 10: Ms you are confusing me -- Problem devices display ?

Discus and support Ms you are confusing me -- Problem devices display ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi there when running msinfo32 to get the system details I see a sub category Problem devices --- shows everything is working - but it confuses me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jimbo45, Mar 24, 2015.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Ms you are confusing me -- Problem devices display ?

Hi there

when running msinfo32 to get the system details I see a sub category Problem devices --- shows everything is working - but it confuses me as I assume a header that says problem devices means DEVICE NOT working or HAVE a problem.

I know it's a detail but it can be confusing .

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Mar 24, 2015
  2. rsakthi Win User

Nokia or Ovi? Why are you confusing us?

Yes I am also facing the same issue. Very confusing! PC Suite and also OVI Suite! ovi.com is a real PROBLEM! Always goes wrong and only works with Broadband as too much of flash players, etc. Why cant make it simple for LOW SPEED internet connection?

I have been using Nokia since 1994... Now I just upgraded from N95 to E52 then this phone is not user friendly. Very confusing instructions and need to install SIP settings and no internal call software comes as default!

Another problem is USB charging! It only charges when you connect with a computer installed with PC suite! When I use it with a standard USB charger (every manufacturers are planning to standardise USB charger to protect environment) IT doesnt work!!!!

NOKIA Please wake up and improve your softwares and applications.

Kind regards,

R. Sakthi

Singapore

rsakthi, Mar 24, 2015
  3. jpdevo Win User
    Nokia or Ovi? Why are you confusing us?

One question I would sincerely like to ask Nokia/Ovi is why are they confusing us with so many different applications for the same purpose. Why not concentrate on one thing and make it better. Simplicity is the solution.With the number of phones you are
    trying to dish out you will be able to to do justice to even single one of them.

For eg.

Nokia messaging. I think we already have the support for email along with text messaging. Why cant you just update this application for HTML support etc rather than throwing out an altogether new application called Nokia Messaging. Same purpose but two applications.

Ovi Maps. Thanks for the free navigation. But whats happened to Nokia Maps? Is it different from Ovi Maps or is it the same. Why do I have Nokia maps and Ovi maps installed? Cant we have just one common application rather than creating different applications
    for the same thing and just using up space and creating confusion.

Reorganiser: Why cant you just allow me to select where I want to install my application? I wanted to install Nokia Messaging on E: but you wont ask!! You just select C: and install it there. If you ask in the first place we wont require a reorganiser. Now
    I want to move it to E: and I cannot. also Iam not able to find the reorganiser app. I just find one which is a Reorganiser uninstaller file.

The market is really competitive out there. If you do not get your act right I think you are going to sink pretty soon.

I was a big fan of Nokia until I upgraded to my N97 from N95. I am still trying to make it work but it just keeps failing.

jpdevo, Mar 24, 2015
  4. usasma Win User

This was changed in 10
    and changed again in build 10046

In 8 and below, the entries are for devices that are having problems.
    In earlier builds of 10, just the error codes showed (code 45 was used a lot - it showed which devices weren't connected)
    Then in 10046, they changed it to "This device is working properly" - I suspect that it was to eliminate the confusion over the code 45

I sort by the Error Code column and ignore anything with Code 45/This device is working properly
    I hope that they'll fix it to only display problem devices before it hits RTM
    Gotta remember to submit feedback on this, it is confusing!

usasma, Mar 24, 2015
  5. adamf Win User
    What is confusing for me is it says This device is working properly when it is not.

I have an external drive which (fails to) connect through USB Attached SCSI using the MS USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller.

According to msinfo32 all is fine. According to event viewer (and me) it crashes, times-out and I then have to pull the plug. The windows 7 eXtensible Host Controller written by Intel worked but the MS one (since Windows 8) never has.

adamf, Mar 24, 2015
  6. usasma Win User
    In short, the Device Manager view is just telling you that the device has installed properly and was properly recognized by the OS (at the last time it was checked).

What do you see for the device when you look in Device Manager?
    What (if any) other issues do you have in Device Manager?
    Are you sure that this is the disk that's spitting the errors in Event Viewer (Hardisk1\DR1)?
    If so, why are you running a paging operation on a removeable disk?

Have you tried to install the Win7 Intel driver into Win10? Did it work?
    Have you tested the device on another system? Have you tested the device with another cable?
    Have you run hardware diagnostics on the disk? Here's a link to some free one's: Hard Drive Diagnostic Procedure
    Do you have another device of the same type that works correctly on the system?

Other possibilities are:
    - that the device isn't compatible with Win10
    - that some (but not all, of the drivers for the device aren't compatible w/Win10 (Microsoft may have written support out of Win10 for that product's drivers).
    - that the device is failing (despite the results of any diagnostic tests)
    - that another device is failing - and affecting this device (such as another HDD or the motherboard).
    - that Device Manager is correct, and you're hallucinating :0)

Can you post a full view of a screenshot of diskmgmt.msc?
    How about a copy of MSINFO32's output? (save it as an .nfo file, zip it up, and upload it as an attachement)
    Can you do the same with the Admin event log? Here's my canned speech for that:
    We may also want the reports from the BSOD collection app (and that'll include everything but the Admin Event Log) - so you may want to save yourself some time and just run it (even though you're not having BSOD's). Here's a link to it: Solved BSOD - Posting Instructions - Windows 10 Forums

usasma, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Ms you are confusing me -- Problem devices display ? - Similar Threads - are confusing Problem

2. Changing display language confusion?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing display language confusion?: Hi everyone, I have a Windows 11 laptop with English-US language installed. I wanted to swap this to English-UKI downloaded EN-UK language pack and made this my main display language and also again in admin settings for locale.I noticed that EN-US was still installed as the...
  3. Changing display language confusion?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing display language confusion?: Hi everyone, I have a Windows 11 laptop with English-US language installed. I wanted to swap this to English-UKI downloaded EN-UK language pack and made this my main display language and also again in admin settings for locale.I noticed that EN-US was still installed as the...
  4. Russin fonts display confusion

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Russin fonts display confusion: I'm an open source programmer and one of my Russian friends was viewing his copy of aharoni.tty font using Windows Font Viewer Font - inside the control panel he sees this:Now this is a Hebrew font and doesn't contain any of these characters. On my English US Windows 10 I get...
  5. Windows USB Display MS problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows USB Display MS problem: If I do not choose "OFF" for the Windows USB Display MS, in the list of programs loaded automatically at startup, my Dell XPS 15 laptop shuts down after a few seconds.If I reopen my laptop, again it shuts down after a few seconds.The only way to avoid this problem is to turn...
  6. Windows USB Display MS problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows USB Display MS problem: If I do not choose "OFF" for the Windows USB Display MS, in the list of programs loaded automatically at startup, my Dell XPS 15 laptop shuts down after a few seconds.If I reopen my laptop, again it shuts down after a few seconds.The only way to avoid this problem is to turn...
  7. Windows USB Display MS problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. proportionally accurate display confused

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    proportionally accurate display confused: I have just installed Windows 7 Home Premium on my computer. However, I'm having trouble finding drivers for it's internal graphics card, an Intel915G/915GV/910GL. For most things I don't really care, but for photography I must have a proportionally accurate image. There are...
  9. Display interface and general confusion

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display interface and general confusion: 2 days ago the interface on my Surface Pro completely changed. I'm running Windows 10. None of my icons are visible. My task bar now has no icons on it. I can you longer reduce the size of a program window to the task bar. All of the program windows now take up the entire...
  10. Utter confusion: MS Account and "You need to fix MS account for apps."

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Utter confusion: MS Account and "You need to fix MS account for apps.": OK, I have Googled this annoying notification and have become completely confused on how to handle it. The reason for this is that I just don't understand (or rather, can't get a handle on) MS account. So, let me tell you what I have, and perhaps you can lead me on as how to...