Windows 10: How can I make word the default program?

Discus and support How can I make word the default program? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How can I make word the default program. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms2019/8f16ca3d-9893-43cf-b044-dd39790f793a Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by leong swee sam, Aug 19, 2019.

1. How can I make word the default program?

How can I make word the default program.

:)

leong swee sam, Aug 19, 2019
  2. neilpzz Win User

Can't get Word as default program for Word documents

Something strange here then if you are not able to see Word in the Default program list. What about using the old method and right click the doc/docx file and select Open with, then Choose another app. And select to always use Word.

Otherwise using the user account go to Apps and Features find Office in the list and run the repair routine.

neilpzz, Sep 28, 2019
  3. Default programs are not working.

I recently received and update for my Windows 7 system and an automatic update for my Windows 10 system. Since then, default programs have been changed. The programs that were the default programs are no longer in the default program list. (ie. Word,
    Excel, Access and a variety of other programs.)

Clicking on Settings, Default Programs and Set Default Programs produces a list of 13 programs. There use to be and should be many more. Why screw with us like this with updates? PR is at an all time low.

I can find no way to add them back into the default list. Therefore, I can not change the default program to my choice. It looks like Edge is used to display most everything. Google.doc also used at times. Both of these programs are of an inferior design
    and usability.

Once again, it looks like Microsoft and Bill Gates have struck again. Does anybody have any solutions or suggestions to try?

lylethethumb, Sep 28, 2019
  4. kormath Win User

How can I make word the default program?

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done How can I make word the default program? :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Sep 28, 2019
Thema:

How can I make word the default program?

1. How can I make word the default program? - Similar Threads - word default program

2. How can I make Word the default program instead of WordPad?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I make Word the default program instead of WordPad?: How can I make Word the default program instead of WordPad? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-make-word-the-default-program-instead-of/178dd115-dcf7-47d0-a285-d180a098ae0c
  3. How can I make Word the default program instead of WordPad?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I make Word the default program instead of WordPad?: How can I make Word the default program instead of WordPad? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-make-word-the-default-program-instead-of/178dd115-dcf7-47d0-a285-d180a098ae0c
  4. how can i set an invalid program as default?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how can i set an invalid program as default?: im trying to figure out some way to prevent windows 10 from launching the web browser automatically for any reason but every method ive found has to be set for each individual app which isnt what im looking for, so instead im trying to see if i can force it to try open links...
  5. How can I make 7-zip my default program please I need help

How can I make 7-zip my default program please I need help: Someone please help me I have been trying for the last 2 days submitted by /u/RezidentMug [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jti9ul/how_can_i_make_7zip_my_default_program_please_i/
  6. How can I reset the font size to the default formatting in Microsoft word?

How can I reset the font size to the default formatting in Microsoft word?: I messed with the font sizes and now all the headings in my document are stuck the same size as the body unless i change them all individually submitted by /u/NipplesOnMyChin [link] [comments]...
  7. how to make word 2010 default app for .doc extensions

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to make word 2010 default app for .doc extensions: how to make word 2010 default app for .doc extensions I tried settings, default apps by file type but the only options are Word 2016 and Look for an app in the store. Word 2010 is already installed on my computer so how to set it as default...
  8. How can I change Word 2016 default print settings?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    How can I change Word 2016 default print settings?: When I print in Word 2016 the default is to print all pages. To change this you have to click the drop down menu and select custom; then you can select pages individually. Is there a way to make this Custom Print option the default so I don't have to select every time? TIA...
  9. How can I make the icons in some programs larger?

How can I make the icons in some programs larger?: My screen has a 3240 x 2160 resolution and I have it set to 225% scaling (I think that's the right term!) I have noticed that some icons in apps are really small and it's hard to click on them accurately. I have attached an image of WIndows Media Player and adiIRC as an...
  10. Make Word 2013 the default HTML editor

Make Word 2013 the default HTML editor: OK so I have Word 2013 installed and I want it to be the HTML editor in IE 11 [Version 11.0.10240.16431 loaded]. The Internet Options page for HTML editing on my PC only allows me to choose Notepad. How do I add to the drop down menu WORD or is this desired...