Windows 10: MSAHCI in the new tech preview?

Discus and support MSAHCI in the new tech preview? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I noticed a little difference in the controller after checking my SSD last night, this is on my laptop in my specs (Other info) This was a clean... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by derekimo, Oct 2, 2014.

1. derekimo Win User

MSAHCI in the new tech preview?

I noticed a little difference in the controller after checking my SSD last night, this is on my laptop in my specs (Other info)

This was a clean install of Win 7,

MSAHCI in the new tech preview? [​IMG]

It automatically used msahci during install.

This was a clean install of the Tech preview,

MSAHCI in the new tech preview? [​IMG]

It automatically used amd_sata.

I will say that test above is a lot better than my first one I did last night which was a score of 170ish.

There is no option in the BIOS to enable AHCI either, it's a pretty basic BIOS.

This is an A6 3420M APU. I don't really notice any difference, just an observational post.

:)

derekimo, Oct 2, 2014

2. ATA mode to ACHI

Hi there,

I've upgraded to Windows 10 from W7prod 64 and all seemed well until I tried to add another disk. The BIOS need to be set to AHCI to make the port available but if I change it the computer won't start. I need to change something in Windows I guess but
    don't know what.

Checking the net I find that the solution for W7 was as below but this doesn't work for Windows 10 because the msahci key referred to just isn't there:-

• Press Windows key + R from the Keyboard.

• Type regedit and hit Enter.

• Browse to HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\msahci\

• Change the DWord value named "Start" from "3" (ATA) to "0" (AHCI)

• Shutdown the computer.

• Power the computer back on, making sure to enter the BIOS and change the SATA Operation to AHCI.

• Save the change.

Has anyone any solutions to this problem?

Thanks in advance

Andy

Chaddock1961, Oct 2, 2014
  3. I am a Master on the Tech, BUT my NEW, Expensive Windows 10 Computer will not take the update. Tried it all for Months. CAN ANYONE HELP ME?

Try a clean install of Windows 10. That often fixes issues that you are having.

Solar-Eclipse, Oct 2, 2014
  4. essenbe Win User

I wouldn't have thought there should have been that big of a difference.

essenbe, Oct 5, 2014
  5. derekimo Win User
    Yeah, the first run I did and got that 170 kind of threw me.

derekimo, Oct 5, 2014
  6. CountMike New Member
    You got new AMD AHCI drivers, I had to download and install them for Win8 early on. Looks like you are running on AHCI anyway and BIOS was already set like that.

CountMike, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. MSAHCI in the new tech preview? - Similar Threads - MSAHCI tech preview

2. Something nasty in my tech preview

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Something nasty in my tech preview: I have had a copy of the technical preview since the beginning, using WD and the free Malwarebytes with no problems up till last night. My home page on Edge is Sky.com which has my email and news, and I was looking through the many news items when a "warning " popped up....
  3. Start8 on Windows Tech Preview

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start8 on Windows Tech Preview: Well I just wanted to see what would happen if I installed Start8 on Windows 10, and it is great. I have my old windows 7 menu back and can switch back and forth to Start screen easily. With Brinks little trick about no logging to switch, I can even switch between the new...
  4. Windows 10 RSAT Tech Preview...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 RSAT Tech Preview...: It appears this latest build has broken the Windows 10 RSAT eval. I get errors when installing. 2919
  5. stop tech preview updating

in Windows 10 Support
    stop tech preview updating: hi all is it possible to stop the tech preview from updating itself to the latest release 9860 is usable for me as i run mediaportal and it is stable in 9860 9879 is unusable as mediaportal bluescreens as soon as it is opened i go back to 9860 and then in the morning...
  6. Installing 10 tech preview

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing 10 tech preview: How Do I install the 10 tech preview onto the separate partition that i just created using the windows update install for tech preview 10? 3722
  7. Windows 10 Tech Preview Tips

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Tech Preview Tips: I have Windows 7 Home Premium x64 on my Laptop, and 8.1 x64 on our desktop. Any tips on what I should do? I don't have a USB drive or a backup CD. Should I not install it? 2389
  8. Update for Windows Tech Preview

in Windows 10 News
    Update for Windows Tech Preview: October 2014 update for Windows Tech Preview and Windows Server Tech Preview [kb3001512] Issues that are fixed in this updateIn Windows Technical Preview, certain devices do not receive firmware or driver updates. Adobe Flash update does not contain premium video...
  9. Tech Preview Updates Today

in Windows 10 News
    Tech Preview Updates Today: So, does anyone know what they did? As usual, no MS info @support... [img]
  10. New Tech Preview Update KB3050284 - March

in Windows 10 News
    New Tech Preview Update KB3050284 - March: Couldn't find this posted anywhere, so here is: Windows Technical Preview March Update (KB3050284) is available 4924