Windows 10: Msconfig not keeping changes

Discus and support Msconfig not keeping changes in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am having problems with a program, and their help desk instructed to un-check "Load startup items", click Apply and click OK. When I do this I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by WilliamADavis, Aug 22, 2018.

1. Msconfig not keeping changes

I am having problems with a program, and their help desk instructed to un-check

"Load startup items", click Apply and click OK. When I do this I am not getting the expected restart message.

When I reopen Msconfig, the change has not been made.

:)

WilliamADavis, Aug 22, 2018
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Aug 22, 2018
  3. pepanee Win User
    msconfig doesn't save changes

Dang. Well, if you haven't already done so, search on a search engine (such as Bing) for your issue for more suggestions that you can find. I searched for:

msconfig doesn't save changes

and gave you that link. Hopefully you can try other suggestions that were attempted by others. There's a bunch of results that you will find, so hopefully that variety of results will have something useful.

pepanee, Aug 22, 2018
  4. Msconfig not keeping changes

Win-10 themes keep changing

Hi,

Thank you for providing the information.

• Did you try the steps suggested by Suvarna Govinda above, what was the result?
    As I understand the issue, Themes in Windows doesn't have the options to change on its own. Only the Wallpapers in the themes can change as selected ( Picture, Solid color and Slide Show ).

I would suggest you to make us understand that if the Wallpapers are changing in Theme which you have selected.

Below are the steps you can check if it helps.

• Press Windows + I keys and select Personalization.
    • Select Theme and select the Default theme.
    • Select the Desktop Background below and select the Picture
      and save it and check.
    Please post us back if the issue resolves. We are glad to help you.

Sachin Venkatesh, Aug 22, 2018
Thema:

Msconfig not keeping changes

1. Msconfig not keeping changes - Similar Threads - Msconfig keeping changes

2. Rollback msconfig changes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Rollback msconfig changes: Hello! I've got a following issue: I changed option in msconfig to Diagnostic startup. After that I rebooted my laptop. Some updates have been installed after reboot. And after that I lost access to admin user - pin is not working with error 0x8007139f and I forgot last admin...
  3. Rollback msconfig changes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rollback msconfig changes: Hello! I've got a following issue: I changed option in msconfig to Diagnostic startup. After that I rebooted my laptop. Some updates have been installed after reboot. And after that I lost access to admin user - pin is not working with error 0x8007139f and I forgot last admin...
  4. Rollback msconfig changes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Msconfig Won't Save Changes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Msconfig Won't Save Changes: I'm trying to change msconfig to Normal Startup but it won't save the changes. Fixes that I've tried:Creating a new admin account.Saving the changes in safe.Enabling start up services.I've been getting GPU driver crashes and this could be the cause of it....
  6. Msconfig Won't Save Changes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Msconfig Won't Save Changes: I'm trying to change msconfig to Normal Startup but it won't save the changes. Fixes that I've tried:Creating a new admin account.Saving the changes in safe.Enabling start up services.I've been getting GPU driver crashes and this could be the cause of it....
  7. Msconfig Won't Save Changes

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. msconfig changes

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    msconfig changes: I took a picture of my msconfig and I noticed that in a day the numbers behind these 8 services changed they were DevicePicker_ DevicesFlow_ MessaginService_ Sync Host_ Contact data_ PrintWorkflow_ User data storage_ user data access_ they all had the same number...
  9. Msconfig changed and no more login

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Msconfig changed and no more login: Trying to fix one problem has turned to a worse problem. I set msconfig to not load the start files and now I no longer get a login box. I get the main screen that shows time and date and the little screen icon bottom right with red X (no connections available). Click that...
  10. msconfig doesn't save changes

in Windows 10 Support
    msconfig doesn't save changes: Hello, I'm trying to edit some settings in the msconfig but when I click apply and ok it doesn't prompt me to restart the computer and when I open it back the settings are back to default.. I tried couple of things I found on the net like running System Configuration as...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. msconfig not saving changes