Windows 10: mse auto update ONLY via windows updte, and not by it self as it used to...

Discus and support mse auto update ONLY via windows updte, and not by it self as it used to... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; It started week ago (i checked it on 2 win7 machines and different networks as well) there is no problem manually update MSE. is it a general known... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by amir_sn, Jul 13, 2018.

1. amir_sn Win User

mse auto update ONLY via windows updte, and not by it self as it used to...

It started week ago (i checked it on 2 win7 machines and different networks as well)

there is no problem manually update MSE.

is it a general known issue?

any idea how to solve it ?

:)

amir_sn, Jul 13, 2018
  2. Ryan Mon1 Win User

updte

Hi,

The error that you receive could be a system require version. Updating to a new version will not affect the installed program. We suggest that you follow the system update notification. You can click this
    link if you encounter error after installing Windows update.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Ryan Mon1, Jul 13, 2018
  3. Kreij Win User
    Microsoft Auto-Updates Components of Windows Without User Permission

The nine files that are updated all have to do with the Auto-Updater itself.
    The article lists them all. No big deal.

I run auto-update anyway, so BRING ON THE NEW UPDATES !!!
    I have yet to experience any problems from MS updates on my XP network.

Kreij, Jul 13, 2018
  4. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jul 13, 2018
Thema:

1. mse auto update ONLY via windows updte, and not by it self as it used to... - Similar Threads - mse auto update

2. incorrect Nvidia drivers via auto update by windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    incorrect Nvidia drivers via auto update by windows: Every time windows updates my video driver it makes it so I can't access my computer. Usually I can enter via safe mode and download the correct driver from nvidia directly. However, this last time, the most recent windows update, I couldn't even use safe mode, and eventually...
  3. Microphone auto adjusting and muting by it self

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone auto adjusting and muting by it self: So like the title mentions my microphone auto adjusts and mutes it self, I got a razer kraken 7.1 v2, I don't know the cause for that so I request help, I turned off the auto gain control in the apps (discord, teams, skype) in the sound settings I unchecked the let apps gain...
  4. MSE is Not "Updating" in Windows 7

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    MSE is Not "Updating" in Windows 7: I update MSE in my Windows 7 Professional system via Windows Update; I let WU install the updates automatically. The latest pattern definition was updated this morning 06/18 06:48 (1.295.942.0). The MSE icon in the system tray is brown, not green. When I open the MSE...
  5. MSE and Chrome

MSE and Chrome: I ran a full scan last night. MSE apparently found something suspicious, corrected it. Now my google chrome doesn't work.. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/mse-and-chrome/133976d8-37fc-413b-a19b-20bb9d126b67
  6. MSE Scan

MSE Scan: I installed MSE on my old laptop, that I need for work, It is Monday morning 7:45 am and it has been running the quick scan for 22 hrs now and scanned 320K items. Is this normal for the first time?...
  7. MSE

MSE: I don't know if my first post went thru. In the MSE history it says I have the "TrojanDownloader:JS/Menucod. But multiple scans do not find anything.... Also have an error code 0x80508023 that says the Program could not find the malware.......
  8. MSE

MSE: Have this in my MSE history; don't know what it means. Multiple scans come up clean.... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/mse/8d175fdf-6ef9-45ed-9839-aae1cb7d7c7d
  9. MSE

MSE: What version of MSE should I be running on Windows 7 64 bit? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/mse-protect_start-windows_7/mse/02d2ec1b-87bc-4371-ab07-07d01d692f72
  10. mse auto update via windows updte, and not by it self as it used to...

mse auto update via windows updte, and not by it self as it used to...: It started week ago (i checked it on 2 win7 machines and different networks as well) i get every day windows update pop up that annoys me. there is no problem manually update MSE. is it a general known issue? any idea how to solve it ? EDIT- just noticed : if i wait...