Windows 10: Msg: "System cannot find file specified".

Discus and support Msg: "System cannot find file specified". in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; OS win 10. Ms Outlook 2003. Until today I was able to open .jpg etc pictures that were emailed. They were shown in Photos. Photos is showing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ess1, Feb 21, 2016.

1. ess1 Win User

Msg: "System cannot find file specified".

OS win 10. Ms Outlook 2003.

Until today I was able to open .jpg etc pictures that were emailed. They were shown in Photos. Photos is showing pictures on start up screen as slide show but apparently is not accepting additional ones.

Assistance appreciated.

:)

2. Message after windows update

"Could not load file or assemble 'MOM.implementation' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified." I have no idea what this means

DrennanLindsay, Feb 21, 2016
  3. Jeanh844 Win User
    Windows 10 Backup.

I went through the normal back up process, but got an error message, "The system cannot find the file specified. (0x80070002)"

Jeanh844, Feb 21, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

I can't tell you how to fix the Photos app as I don't use it.

I would suggest you try Windows Photo Viewer which is no longer included in Win 10.
    But you can use this tutorial and restore it back to the system.
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...dows-10-a.html

Once Windows Photo Viewer is restored, set it as your default program.
    That done, see if you can use it to run the slide show from your email attachments.

P.S. I use Windows Photo Gallery because I have Windows Essentials installed.

davidhk, Feb 21, 2016
  5. ess1 Win User
    Many thanks for so prompt reply. Truly amazing the help here*Biggrin

Will try

Regards.

6. Ztruker Win User
    Open Control Panel, Default Programs.
    Click on Associate a file type or protocol with a program.
    Scroll down to ,jog and see what it's associated with. Set to Photos (default) or Windows Photo Viewer if you set that up.

Ztruker, Feb 21, 2016
  7. ess1 Win User

8. davidhk Win User

ess1,
    Did you have Windows Photo Viewer restored back to your system using the tutorial I posted to you ?
    If yes, here is how to set it as default program.....................
    In the search bar next to the Start button, type default programs > press Enter key.
    From the Default programs window, click Set Your default Programs > wait for it to load.
    Left side, scroll down to Windows Photo Viewer > click it > right side, click Set this program as default >
    bottom right, click OK.( see screenshot below.)
    That's it.

Msg: "System cannot find file specified". [​IMG]

Now please try your email attachments again. See if it will show the pictures as slideshow.

davidhk, Feb 22, 2016
  9. ess1 Win User
    Many thanks. Got it!!
    Have to change from Edge to IE each time 'tho as, although IE is set as default doesn't seem to work.

No problem can press ... to change.

*Biggrin*Biggrin

10. davidhk Win User
    Same method applies to setting IE11 as your default browser.
    At the Set Your Default Program window, on the left side, scroll down to Internet Explorer > click it > click Set this program as default > OK when done.

davidhk, Feb 22, 2016
  11. ess1 Win User
    Tried that some days ago and just now but had to revert to Edge - where the future lies*Sad

Don't you people - most helpful that you - are ever rest?

Sellick

12. Ztruker Win User

Ztruker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Msg: "System cannot find file specified". - Similar Threads - Msg System cannot

2. The system cannot find the file specified

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The system cannot find the file specified: I'm currently running windows 10, i just drag and drop logonui.exe to Resource Hacker, but a error saying like in the title, i attached a photo for more information...
  3. The system cannot find the file specified

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The system cannot find the file specified: I'm currently running windows 10, i just drag and drop logonui.exe to Resource Hacker, but a error saying like in the title, i attached a photo for more information...
  4. The system cannot find the file specified

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. The system cannot find the file specified

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The system cannot find the file specified: When I boot my windows, this error code occurs :80070002. The script says that the system cannot find the file run.vbs. I have no idea what caused this. I have windows 11 on my laptop. Can you help me resolve this issue?...
  6. The system cannot find the file specified

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The system cannot find the file specified: When I boot my windows, this error code occurs :80070002. The script says that the system cannot find the file run.vbs. I have no idea what caused this. I have windows 11 on my laptop. Can you help me resolve this issue?...
  7. System Cannot Find the File Specified

in Windows 10 Customization
    System Cannot Find the File Specified: Hi I've been experiencing this popup every time I start up windows. It just happened and I don't know what's wrong, what caused it and how to remove it. I've been scouring the internet for help but can't seem to find any effective resolution. Please help. [ATTACH]...
  8. The system cannot find the file specified

in Windows 10 Support
    The system cannot find the file specified: In my downloads folder uis a file/folder I try to delete a file/folder gets message *The system cannot find the file specified.* files/folder will not delete [img] Suggestions? Ideas? 131559
  9. System cannot find the file specified

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    System cannot find the file specified: Whilst trying to add legacy hardware and updating my 'Audio Device on HD Audio Bus', it successfully found the driver I needed for it(Realtek HD Audio), but it came up with the message 'system cannot find the file specified'. How do I prevent this so I can actually install an...
  10. The system cannot find the file specified

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    The system cannot find the file specified: When I try to access a file to upload to a hosting site I get “The system cannot find the file specified.” How can I correct this issue? I am currently away from my pc, so I cannot upload any screenshots. Steve 113437