Windows 10: MSGTAG Status: Compatibility Mode under Win10?

Discus and support MSGTAG Status: Compatibility Mode under Win10? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, all: Shot in the dark here re: a relatively ancient, legacy software application -- MSGTAG Status. Is there anyone using it under Win10? If... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MoxieMomma, Jul 17, 2016.

1. MSGTAG Status: Compatibility Mode under Win10?

Hi, all:

Shot in the dark here re: a relatively ancient, legacy software application -- MSGTAG Status.

Is there anyone using it under Win10?
    If so, is it necessary or advisable to run it in Compatibility mode, e.g. as a Win7 application?

Although the program is no longer being developed, it works perfectly well under Win7.
    I do not get notifications from *all* recipient email clients. But, when I do, I get 3 types of notifications.
    Under Win10, I receive ONLY email notifications, not popups or updates to the MSGTAG "grid".

The program is tightly integrated with both my email client (Thunderbird) and my spam-filtering/mail-sorting program (Mailwasher Pro). So it would be a minor PITB to ditch it, although I suspect that its usefulness may be coming to an end.

If anyone happens to use MSGTAG Status, I would appreciate advice about restoring it to full function under Win10.

Thanks!

MM

:)

MoxieMomma, Jul 17, 2016

2. Upgrade end of July to windows 10 and discovered dell 968 printer won't work.

Hello,

Thank you for your reply, appreciate the time taken by you in keeping us updated on the status of the issue.

This issue may arise due to printer’s driver incompatibility with Windows 10. Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows.

I suggest you to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if it helps.
    To do so kindly follow the below given steps:

• Right click on printer’s driver that you have downloaded from manufacturer website.
    • Click/tap on Properties.
    • Check the Run this program in Compatibility mode for under
      Compatibility tab
    • Select Windows 8.1/8 from the drop down under
      Compatibility mode section.
    • Click on Apply and Ok.
    • Install the drivers, restart PC and check if issue is resolved.
    Let us know the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Jul 17, 2016
  3. Live camera HD 5000 is not working after upgrade to Windows 10 (2018)

Have you tried Running the setup in Compatibility mode?

Right-click the driver>Properties and on under compatibility tab Choose run this under compatibility mode under Windows 7.

Sumit Dhiman2, Jul 17, 2016
  4. MSGTAG Status: Compatibility Mode under Win10?

Were you ever able to do any good using MSGTAG with Windows 10? or get any support?
    I can't get it to tag. I moved from XP and OE which still works on my old computer.

billdickason, Apr 14, 2017
Thema:

MSGTAG Status: Compatibility Mode under Win10?

1. MSGTAG Status: Compatibility Mode under Win10? - Similar Threads - MSGTAG Status Compatibility

2. windows compatibility mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows compatibility mode: Random steam games will crash at startup and are unable to be played. When I went to compatibility mode, it only gives the option to run it up to windows 8. I have tried running it with both compatibility mode on and off and nothing helps....
  3. windows compatibility mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows compatibility mode: Random steam games will crash at startup and are unable to be played. When I went to compatibility mode, it only gives the option to run it up to windows 8. I have tried running it with both compatibility mode on and off and nothing helps....
  4. Visio in compatibility mode...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Visio in compatibility mode...: How can I get rid of the compatibility mode...? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/visio-in-compatibility-mode/abf65fdf-6ae9-4e84-b640-abd62d378e14
  5. compatability mode

compatability mode: I am trying to get Winamp to work but I keep getting a popup thaat says winamp is running in compatability mode. however, when I right click on the winamp icon, select properties, and select the compatability tab the "run in compatability box is not checked". I desperately...
  6. Thunderbird and MSGTAG with Windows 10

in Browsers and Email
    Thunderbird and MSGTAG with Windows 10: PLEASE refrain from posting on the ethics of email tracking, this is a purely technical matter. I have used MSGTAG on my XP Outlook Express email consistently and with great success for 12 years or more. Having recently acquired a new PC with Win 10, I have now made...
  7. Compatibility mode for W10

Compatibility mode for W10: I have Windows 10 64bit. Is there a way to switch a bat file to compatibility mode? The only options I see in the bat properties are: General - Security - Details - Previous Versions....
  8. Compatibility mode

Compatibility mode: I keep getting a window popup saying this program started in compatibility mode ...where is it and how do I turn it off? 14680
  9. Compatibility mode

Compatibility mode: I'm doing some research on an old application that I'm taking care of. As of Windows 8, it works if the Windows compatibility mode is se to "Windows 7" and I confirmed it also works if I set the compatibility mode on Windows 10. That problem I'm facing is that, I need to...
  10. Compatibility mode

Compatibility mode: Hi I have had programs in the past that I love to either use or games to play even some older MS games and they refuse to load on new operating systems. Why is it when I try and run the program in Compatibility mode for say XP it refuses to run the program. I don't...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. msgtag for windows

2. msgtag windows 10

3. will Msgtag work on windows 10