Windows 10: MSMedia Creation tool hangs after successful upgrade of Win 10

Discus and support MSMedia Creation tool hangs after successful upgrade of Win 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Upgrade went OK, went back a few days later to download the ISO, ran media creation tool and made all my chorces, english,win 10 pro,x64 bit, selected... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by hallenld, Nov 17, 2015.

1. hallenld Win User

MSMedia Creation tool hangs after successful upgrade of Win 10

Upgrade went OK, went back a few days later to download the ISO, ran media creation tool and made all my chorces, english,win 10 pro,x64 bit, selected iso and place to save file. then blue screen comes up and programs states, "getting a few things ready" and that's it, nothing else happens after that, 1hr, 4hr's 12hr's, still both the back and next boxes are grayed out and little dots going in circle. had to use task mgr. to end task no other way to close window. I have done search over the net and at microsoft for this problem, found nothing. done SFC it came back clean. Win 10 is activated.
    any help would be apprciated. thanks

:)

hallenld, Nov 17, 2015

2. Upgrade to Win 10

I tried to upgrade my win7 SP1, 32bit to windows 10 via media creation tool. It downloaded the whole windows but the media creation tool hangs up at some point after creating media for win 10, and the last status was something like

"restart required after win 10 updates to configure...."

Please help what to do.

NirmitDhagga, Nov 17, 2015
  3. W10 Media Creation Tool - product keys not accepted

SUCCESS!

I went to a Microsoft Store workshop over the weekend, titled "Upgrading to Windows 10". I brought the aforementioned laptop (Win 7 Pro) and Surface (Win 8.1), and the media creation tool. We tried the upgrade from the tool I brought with no success. The
    Store passes out USBs with the media creation tool (and some other tools), and those didn't work either.

The tech suggested that we try a direct download from the web and running from the machine - and it WORKED! On both machines! I tried it again at home on the desktop, and that worked fine as well. Something in the Tool is hanging up, but the workaround is
    to download the tool from the web to the machine and run it from the machine.

I haven't tried copying the tool back on to a machine, as I've already upgraded all my affected machines. Maybe someone else with this problem could try that.

So a thanks to Chris G at the Bellevue Microsoft Store for working through that with me. Hope this workaround works for others with this problem.

michael j campbell, Nov 17, 2015
  4. mickey Win User

I had the exact same problem some time ago with W10 ITP 10130 BUILD the spinning dots are the loading screen seek help from someone who knows what they are doing. I had to restore OS in the end it killed my machine get technical help

mickey, Nov 17, 2015
  5. Ztruker Win User
    Ztruker, Nov 18, 2015
  6. hallenld Win User
    All I needed was a way t get around that requirement to use the media creation tool to get to the iso file, thanks to you I got it and DL'ing it now I will mark this as solved in the forum. your reply was short and concise.
    again thanks.

hallenld, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. MSMedia Creation tool hangs after successful upgrade of Win 10 - Similar Threads - MSMedia Creation tool

2. Media creation tool for Win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media creation tool for Win 10: I am trying to create a bootable Win 10 creation tool. I am using the media creation tool. I can create a bootable Win 11 tool that will boot. The Win 10 tool will not boot. Each is using the same USB flash drive. Ideas please....
  3. Media creation tool for Win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Media creation tool for Win 10: I am trying to create a bootable Win 10 creation tool. I am using the media creation tool. I can create a bootable Win 11 tool that will boot. The Win 10 tool will not boot. Each is using the same USB flash drive. Ideas please....
  4. Media creation tool for Win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. UPGRADE FROM WIN 7 >> WIN 10 USING "MEDIA CREATION TOOL"

UPGRADE FROM WIN 7 >> WIN 10 USING "MEDIA CREATION TOOL": We plan to upgrade a Win 7 desktop to Win 10 via "Media Creation Tool". We did this once before on another PC and it worked. But we would like to choose what is to be saved. Is there a prompt/option within the process where we could simply save our "User" folder with our...
  6. Media Creation Tool for Upgrades

Media Creation Tool for Upgrades: Quick question about the use of the Media creation tool. I am currently using MCT1903 on a USB to upgrade my PC to windows 10. I didn't turn the USB into a bootable device; I just put the tool on it. I am wondering if on the "Downloading Windows 10" screen of the...
  7. printer hanging after win 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    printer hanging after win 10 upgrade: Just upgraded to windows 10. When I print to a laser printer in an application, the printer prints fine but afterwards, the circle of death remains and my screen is hung it doesnt return control to user. I have to close/restart my app. The app worked perfectly before Win 10....
  8. MSMedia Creation Tool Question

in Windows 10 Support
    MSMedia Creation Tool Question: Hello Can the MS Media Creation Tool (on a usb stick) be used to boot a pc on startup, simply, withot having to go thru the complete w10 re-install that is in the Tool ? Bob 99878
  9. Media creation tool - no option for Win 10

Media creation tool - no option for Win 10: I downloaded it from here: Windows 10 When I run it, I get Win8 options only, no Windows 10... Have tried on two laptops... Any ideas? Anything else I need to make it work pls? 9458
  10. Media Creation Tool will not work after upgrade.

Media Creation Tool will not work after upgrade.: I used the Windows Media Creation Tool to successfully upgrade my PC from Windows 7 to Windows 10. But now I would like to do a clean install of Windows 10 on the same PC. So I ran the Media Creation Tool again but this time I chose the option to create media. I selected...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. media creation tool hangs

2. windows media creation tool hangs