Windows 10: MSMG ToolKit

Discus and support MSMG ToolKit in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi Guys, what do we think about this program ? I discory him in forum my digital life.. is a hack ? 39933 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MiTzr0y, Feb 5, 2016.

1. MiTzr0y Win User

MSMG ToolKit

Hi Guys, what do we think about this program ? I discory him in forum my digital life.. is a hack ?

:)

MiTzr0y, Feb 5, 2016

2. driver toolkit

I have downloaded and installed DriverToolkit. Knowing that this program could pose a threat, I never used it and I decided to uninstall it from the Control Panel "Programs and Features." After doing so, the entry for DriverToolkit was deleted from the
    "Programs and Features" list. However, the DriverToolkit icon is still on the task bar. If I click on the icon, the DriverToolkit starts up as if it were never removed from my system.

Using Windows Explorer, I found a folder "Local Disk (C): Program Files (x86)/DriverToolkit." This folder contains the following:

SUBFOLDER: Backup (empty)

SUBFOLDER: Download (empty)

DriverToolkit.exe

msvcp100.dll

msvcr100.dll

network.dll

zlibwapi.dll

So, I have two questions:

1. After uninstalling DriverToolkit from the Control Panel "Programs and Features," the DriverToolkit was eliminated from the list of programs. So why is this program still on my computer?

2. How should I go about permanently removing DriverToolkit from my computer? Should I delete the folder "Local Disk (C): Program Files (x86)/DriverToolkit"?

BinaryStar460, Feb 5, 2016
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    driver toolkit

That and similar 'driver finder' programs are a waste of time and possibly harmful. The most they can do is to detect when a newer version of a driver has been released - but just because a newer version has been released doesn't mean that you should install
    it. Drivers don't work that way.

Drivers are updated to fix identified problems that are described in the release notes. If your hardware isn't affected by one of those problems and you install the driver anyway, you could end up causing harm to your computer now and in the future.

Whether or not to update a driver is a decision that only you can make, based on your research.

BulldogXX, Feb 5, 2016
  4. MSMG ToolKit

Seeing as that site is dedicated to pirating Windows. my guess is even if it's a legit Microsoft utility, its not being used as it was intended. What is it you want to do with it?

alphanumeric, Feb 6, 2016
  5. MiTzr0y Win User
    hi friend actually nothing , it was just a question, and I was glad you told me , I do not like piracy

MiTzr0y, Feb 6, 2016
  6. I googled it but didn't find any links to Microsoft. Just stuff on MDL and it advised to sign in to view so that was that. I'm not joining that web site. It might be a legitimate Microsoft tool, all depends on what MSMG actually stands for?

7. MiTzr0y Win User
    i believe that this program remove apps and others programs from windows 10 installation and late it is create a .ISO.

MiTzr0y, Feb 6, 2016
  8. MSMG ToolKit

In that case its likely fine to use. There are tools for creating custom deployment images. MDOP for example. I've used it so I could create DaRT media. Companies don't want Apps like Candy Crush installed on company PC's.

9. shimshom Win User
    MSMG is just the forum name of the person that created that program. It's a great piece of software to modify the Windows ISO and remove various components as well as integrate updates drivers language packs and more and works very well. I used it to prepare both TH1 and TH2 before installing and my Win 10 pro is without any issues. It has nothing to do with pirating windows regardless of what else in on the MDL forum and they do have many other softwares written by members which also have nothing to do with pirating Windows

shimshom, Feb 7, 2016
  10. xbliss Win User
    So many such tools.. would love to have clarity on how they are similar and different..

MSMG
    DISM
    WICD / SIM/ MDT - + Maybe use WDS for distribute?
    AutoUnattend.xml Answers
    Etc.

To slim & trim the size, the install & boot speeds, and "minimize interaction" & physical presence requirements.

I'm still curious as to out what MSMG does in comparison to WICD/ SIM/ MDT.
    Downloaded all, reading, learning

PS: Is there some legit HCL / Upgrade Assistant thing runs on older machines and checks for issues?
    Especially driver issues since I am just Installing/ running OS on the side.

xbliss, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

MSMG ToolKit

1. MSMG ToolKit - Similar Threads - MSMG ToolKit

2. Windows Defender disabled features after installing the Security Compliance Toolkit and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender disabled features after installing the Security Compliance Toolkit and...: Hello,When trying to secure my computer, I found an article suggesting to install the Windows security baseline found here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=55319Now, this is one of the worst things anyone can do to their personal computer. Most of the...
  3. Windows Defender disabled features after installing the Security Compliance Toolkit and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender disabled features after installing the Security Compliance Toolkit and...: Hello,When trying to secure my computer, I found an article suggesting to install the Windows security baseline found here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=55319Now, this is one of the worst things anyone can do to their personal computer. Most of the...
  4. Does MSMG Toolkit really stop windows updates?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does MSMG Toolkit really stop windows updates?: Title says it all, I have a slow metered internet connection and I have tried everything to disable.bats and setting the connection to metered and nothing stops the updates. I want to know if msmg toolkit COMPLETELY stops windows from updating and touching my bandwidth....
  5. Help MSMG Tool Kit

Help MSMG Tool Kit: [ATTACH] Help everytime i try to Start MSMG tool Kit this error comes so i cant start it. Anyway to fix this: https://preview.redd.it/blvlvv60w2e61.png?width=595&format=png&auto=webp&s=0024d8ad7e84f8c8ff2bc68a4976571049c645dd submitted by /u/nojokerxd [link]...
  6. Help: Building a custom ISO with MSMG Toolkit- Want Adobe and Office products be still...

Help: Building a custom ISO with MSMG Toolkit- Want Adobe and Office products be still...: Hi there! I want to build a slim Windows 10 Pro N x64 ISO based on 20H2 (Build 19042.631) which has all the unneccesary stuff removed and some privacy tweaks applied. This is my second attempt now so I could need some help. The first ISO that I created had all of the stuff...
  7. Is customizing an Windows Installer ISO with MSMG Toolkit worthwhile anymore?

Is customizing an Windows Installer ISO with MSMG Toolkit worthwhile anymore?: Has anyone used it recently? How much is undone upon first update? I just want a bare-bones install of Windows 10 Pro, and I was going to use MSMG to build my own. However, from the readme: - Windows 10 v1903/v1909/v2004/v20H2 - Integrating or Installing Windows Updates...
  8. Help Using MSMG Toolkit 9.5, Adding Language Packs

Help Using MSMG Toolkit 9.5, Adding Language Packs: I'm attempting to make an ISO of Windows 10 that has French Canadian language pack .cab file preinstalled on it. I've found one, but get the error 0x800f081e upon installing it through MSMG. Can anyone direct me to the proper language packs to download? Would also be super...
  9. Problems using MSMG ToolKit need help.

Problems using MSMG ToolKit need help.: Hello i am trying to make a custom windows 10 build, but when i do "Cleanup Source Images" it says: ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Performing [Install.wim, Index : 1] Image Component Cleanup......
  10. Error during convert from ESD to WIM image MSMG Toolkit 9.1

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Error during convert from ESD to WIM image MSMG Toolkit 9.1: Hi ! I'm using MSMG Toolkit 9.1 (All operations I'm doing on Windows 10_64bit_build 1809 having administrator rights ) When I want to convert ESD to WIM (install.esd to install.wim) windows_10.iso , I'm receiving next message 'D:\MSMG' is not recognized as an internal or...