Windows 10: msn news app

Discus and support msn news app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm using windows 10 and after a recent update my msn news app stopped working all of the other news apps I have seem to be fine sports, weather and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Matty99mt, Jul 25, 2018.

1. Matty99mt Win User

msn news app

I'm using windows 10 and after a recent update my msn news app stopped working all of the other news apps I have seem to be fine sports, weather and the finance news app all work I've uninstalled reinstalled several times and all I get is an error has occurred try refreshing. Please help.

:)

Matty99mt, Jul 25, 2018

2. MSN Weather App live tile keeps stopping

Hi,

Since you already completed the troubleshooting provided and it did not resolve the concern with the live tile of the MSN Weather app not updating, we suggest that you reset the MSN Weather app by following the steps below:

• Press the Windows key + I to open the Settings
      app and then select System from the list of options shown.
    • Under the System options menu, select the option on the left-hand panel labeled
      Apps & features.
    • Under Apps & features, scroll down through the list of apps installed on your computer and locate the
      Weather app.
    • Select the Weather app and then click on the link "Advanced options".
    • Once you have the "Advanced options" menu open, click on the button labeled "Reset".
    • Once you click on the "Reset" button another prompt will show up notifying you if you would like to complete the reset. Just click on the "Reset" button to complete the process.

Once you complete the steps provided, we suggest that you restart the computer first before you proceed to set up the MSN Weather app again and also verify if the live tile will update properly or not. If the steps still do not resolve your concern we suggest
    that you follow the steps on this
    link
    to provide feedback from within the app and provide as much detail as you can to resolve the concern. Refer to the section in the article labeled "Send ideas for improving the app" for the steps to submit your feedback.

Feel free to reach out to us for further concerns.

Jordan Dom, Jul 25, 2018
  3. EddoX Win User
    MSN News starts and then crashes immediately

I went back in your suggestions and tried this again. Still MSN News starts and fails immediately.

EddoX, Jul 25, 2018
  4. msn news app

msn news not opening

Hi,

Thank you for the update.

I would like to ask few questions about the query:

1) Are you able to login to MSN new and MSN Money on webpage?

2) Please confirm whether the account that you are experiencing the issue while opening MSN apps , is that a

Microsoft Account or a Local Account?

If its not a Microsoft Account then I would suggest you to configure your Local account into Microsoft Account.

if its a Microsoft Account then lets try to change the Microsoft account into local Account then re-sync into Microsoft

Account to diagnose whether it’s a Microsoft account problem or not.

Please follow the steps to change Microsoft account into Local account.

• Windows Key + I.

• Tap or Click on Account.

• Tap or click Email or User Account.

• Click on Sign in with Local Account or Sign in without Microsoft account.

• Type your Microsoft Account User name or Password.

• Type a name for Local User Account.

• It will prompt Sign Out for to make changes on the account.

• Click on Sign out.
    Once your account is change into Local account then restart computer and Sign in into Local account to sync or configure into Microsoft Account to check if it helps.

Hope this information is helpful.

Morris Subba, Jul 25, 2018
Thema:

msn news app

1. msn news app - Similar Threads - msn news app

2. Is MSN App Now Required to Read News Articles?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is MSN App Now Required to Read News Articles?: Recently I noticed MS pushing their MSN App when reading news articles on MSN website. Articles are only partially displayed with nudge to download the app to download app to continue to read. There was a way to continue to read without the APP by clicking the button to...
  3. Edge with MSN news

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge with MSN news: I can not watch or view MSN news today but Edge wont let me, can you please help, I want to watch news. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-with-msn-news/bc91a7a3-af11-46c6-ae49-f911e70b11cb
  4. Edge with MSN news

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Edge with MSN news: I can not watch or view MSN news today but Edge wont let me, can you please help, I want to watch news. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-with-msn-news/bc91a7a3-af11-46c6-ae49-f911e70b11cb
  5. MSN news tab

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MSN news tab: I have MSN news tab opening over and over and over. Does anyone know what to do about it? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msn-news-tab/d9161dbf-8dd5-42eb-bb36-f76eda8ecd5c
  6. MSN news app not working

MSN news app not working: The msn news app which I rarely use has a circle that spins. and the window says an error has occurred. Refresh page. and then the same thing happens over again. I'm not intnerested in the news articles that MSN chooses so when I go to topics I have chosen or "my sources"...
  7. MSN News Feed

in Windows 10 Customization
    MSN News Feed: How do I remove the MSN News Feed in my Windows 10 Edge Browser? The MSN news Feed is not to my taste and I would prefer to use the BBC News Feed. If I can...how? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msn-news-feed/b13b602d-6aab-49bd-b1f7-1baaefc6acd0
  8. MSN News app strange opening behaviour

MSN News app strange opening behaviour: Hi all, has anyone else noticed when starting the MSN News app, it runs through several languages before fully opening in your native language? I have tried uninstalling & re-installing but it still does this on every run.... 113616
  9. MSN News app strange opening behaviour

in Windows 10 Support
    MSN News app strange opening behaviour: Hi all, has anyone else noticed when starting the MSN News app, it runs through several languages before fully opening in your native language? I have tried uninstalling & re-installing but it still does this on every run.... 113616
  10. New Version of MSN News App Available in the Store

New Version of MSN News App Available in the Store: New Version of MSN News App Available in the Store No Version Number Available Downloaded and Installed ok 54710