Windows 10: MSN opens when not online

Discus and support MSN opens when not online in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I often fire up my laptop where there is no wireless. If I then open Chrome my default home page does not open but instead MSN home page opens. How do... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by carrotmuseum, Jul 2, 2017.

1. MSN opens when not online

I often fire up my laptop where there is no wireless. If I then open Chrome my default home page does not open but instead MSN home page opens. How do I prevent this?

:)

carrotmuseum, Jul 2, 2017

2. MSN problems on Nokia 6120

I use MSN on my new nokia 6120 on 3.

For some reason, it shows a few contacts as online but as 'away' when they arnt even online. I checked with my msn on my pc and they aint on, even asked them, so why does my mobile msn say otherwise? ]

Some of these contacts havent even been online for mths, and also my friend has 2 msn accounts and when he was online the other day, my mobile msn said he was online via both of them when he wasnt!!!

Any ideas?

Thanks

jaydog---01, Jul 2, 2017
  3. 6280---01 Win User
    Nokia 6120 Music Probs?

Nope, All of my Msn contacts status are correct, when they are offline it shows offline, when they are online they are online.

Nothing wrong with mine i suggest you reinstall MSN messenger, just go to the MSn icon and press the c button to remove it.

Then go to Planet3 > Internet > Scroll down to MSN messenger and download again for free.

6280---01, Jul 2, 2017
  4. mrgeek Win User

MSN opens when not online

mrgeek, Jul 2, 2017
  5. There is no appearance and settings option. Only to choose a staert up page which is currently set to google.co.uk

6. mrgeek Win User
    Is your Chrome up to date ? I follow the tutorial and see this section at bottom of Settings page. R-click the hamburger menu (under my Edit/Remove' box in screenshot) to get the option to replace google.co.uk by typing in whatever you want to be your startup page or homepage.

MSN opens when not online [​IMG]

mrgeek, Jul 2, 2017
  7. open a specific page already have google.com as my preferred start page. And yet MSN appears if i am offline.

8. mrgeek Win User

"open a specific page already have google.com as my preferred start page."
    Replace it with whatever you want with Edit option by hitting the 3 dot button on R side of the frame with all the options.

"And yet MSN appears if i am offline."
    Post a screenshot, I don't understand unless you are confusing Start page with Home page (page that appears when you hit the House/Home button).

mrgeek, Jul 2, 2017
  9. carrotmuseum, Jul 2, 2017
  10. carrotmuseum, Jul 2, 2017
  11. carrotmuseum, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. MSN opens when not online - Similar Threads - MSN opens online

2. Private tables Online MSN Games Spades

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Private tables Online MSN Games Spades: I have started playing the MSN Game Backgammon.When I click on a private table I am sent to the ENTER PASSWORD page.What password is this. It says other players must know this password. The other time this question was asked says thread locked with no provided answer.Thanks...
  3. Private tables Online MSN Games Spades

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Private tables Online MSN Games Spades: I have started playing the MSN Game Backgammon.When I click on a private table I am sent to the ENTER PASSWORD page.What password is this. It says other players must know this password. The other time this question was asked says thread locked with no provided answer.Thanks...
  4. Cannot open tabs on msn

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot open tabs on msn: Cannot open tabs on msn https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-open-tabs-on-msn/1236f923-becb-43af-ae4c-99be7888ce88
  5. MSN Weather Not Working Online?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSN Weather Not Working Online?: MSN Weather does not appear to be working. I've tried accessing it numerous ways however it keeps defaulting back to the main page. Anyone have any insight into this? Thanks :...
  6. MSN Weather Not Working Online?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MSN Weather Not Working Online?: MSN Weather does not appear to be working. I've tried accessing it numerous ways however it keeps defaulting back to the main page. Anyone have any insight into this? Thanks :...
  7. MSN OPENS AUTOMATICALLY

in Windows 10 Customization
    MSN OPENS AUTOMATICALLY: Hi , When I open my pc and connect to my internet MSN news open automatically sometime not every time approximately 5 days in a week. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msn-opens-automatically/d35ae572-0553-4629-b86c-942f6e3a3e14
  8. Firefox opens MSN randomly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Firefox opens MSN randomly: Hi, I have firefox as my default browser, and have never used MSN. Randomly, however, firefox opens a new tab with MSN. This can be quite annoying after a while. Does anybody know what is going on? I have looked and seen other threads of people having similar issues, but none...
  9. when opening a new window the default is MSN.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    when opening a new window the default is MSN.: When opening a new window the default is MSN. I want it to open Yahoo on all new windows. When I first start, I have my homepage as Yahoo. No problem But each time I select a new window it always opens MSN. Is there a way I can make it so that any new window I open...
  10. when opening a new window the default is MSN.

in Windows 10 Customization
    when opening a new window the default is MSN.: When opening a new window the default is MSN. I want it to open Yahoo on all new windows. When I first start, I have my homepage as Yahoo. No problem But each time I select a new window it always opens MSN. Is there a way I can make it so that any new window I open...