Windows 10: MSOCache

Discus and support MSOCache in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello I notice my Office 10 folder is huge ?650 MB. I have the disc for repair so is it advisable to remove eveen if space is not a problem ? Is this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by maranna, Mar 6, 2016.

1. maranna Win User

MSOCache

Hello
    I notice my Office 10 folder is huge ?650 MB. I have the disc for repair so is it advisable to remove eveen if space is not a problem ? Is this done by revealing all files and folders and deleting the folder?

:)

maranna, Mar 6, 2016
  2. Arjay Dom Win User

MSOCache

Hi,

MSOCache is a hidden folder created by Local Install Source when Office is installed to keep you from using or inserting a CD during the following Setup operations:

• Detect and Repair
    • Demand Install
    • Maintenance Mode Setup
    • Installation of service packs and patches

You can delete MSOCache folder if Office is fully installed. Never delete this folder using Windows Explorer.

For more information on how to remove MSOCache folder, refer to this article.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Arjay Dom, Mar 6, 2016
  3. MSOCache

I have Installed Office 206 (365) and Office 2010 on my computer for training purposes.

I have to create more space on my hard drive. is it safe to delete this folder?

Carien WitteWAT, Mar 6, 2016
  4. Snakeyes Win User

MSOCache

The MSOCache is essentially there to allow you to install additional office components/features. You can delete it using the included Microsoft's cleanup.

Start> All Programs> Accessories> System Tools> Disk Cleanup

Snakeyes, Mar 6, 2016
  5. maranna Win User
    I opened all hidden files and folders and rebooted. With F+F open, the cache did not show up on the disc cleanup so I removed the folder via Windows.
    Is this OK or should I do an image a redo the procedure?

maranna, Mar 6, 2016
  6. Snakeyes Win User
    Should be perfectly fine as is. If you want to add additional features to Microsoft Office, use your install media and it will most probably re-create the cache again. Otherwise, it just uses up space on your hard drive.

Snakeyes, Mar 6, 2016
  7. maranna Win User
    >>All set and thank you.

maranna, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

MSOCache

1. MSOCache - Similar Threads - MSOCache

2. MSOCache

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MSOCache: Hi, Anyone want to tackle explaining how to delete the MSOCache folder and sub folders under the root directory of my Windows 10? I know it is put there during installation of Office. Presumably to expedite adding features to Office without having to insert the original...