Windows 10: MSOffice 2016-Outlook icon back to Quick Launch Toolbar on every boot

Discus and support MSOffice 2016-Outlook icon back to Quick Launch Toolbar on every boot in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Grrr! In the past, every windows update for outlook would return the icon to quick launch. I could delete it and that would be it for a long while.... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by zekeblue, Sep 8, 2016.

1. zekeblue Win User

MSOffice 2016-Outlook icon back to Quick Launch Toolbar on every boot

Grrr! In the past, every windows update for outlook would return the icon to quick launch. I could delete it and that would be it for a long while. Since a recent update though, it seems MS is returning that icon to QL on every boot. Tired of repeatedly deleting it.

Is this "normal" behavior now? Any way to stop it?

Thanks............

MS Office 2016 on Windows 10, both with current updates.

:)

zekeblue, Sep 8, 2016
  2. RBobby Win User

Win10Pro: Quick Launch toolbar is in the wrong place. Any way to move it to the left end of the toolbar?

Just got a new PC win Win10Pro installed, moving from Win7Pro.

I added the "Quick Launch" toolbar and believe that it's in the wrong place for it to behave correctly with the notification icons. Is there any way to move it?

The notification icons are on the far right and grow to the left. The Quick Launch icons appear to the left of the notification icons and grow to the right if additional items are added.

As a result, as the notification icons are turned on as needed, the Quick Launch toolbar can be forced to hide the right-most icons due to lack of space, and then show ">>" to allow access to the now hidden icons. This makes the "Quick" part of "Quick Launch"
    meaningless.

On Win7, the Quick Launch icons were on the left, in their own reserved space which was not disturbed by other activity on the toolbar.

RBobby, Sep 8, 2016
  3. zhihuixie Win User
    Quick Launch always missing?

Thank you. I created the Quick Launch by this steps: Firstly, I click the right-hand button of the mouse on the Taskbar--Toolbar--New toolbar. Then C:\Users\(present administrator)\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch. Lastly, choose
    "Select folder". I can see the "Quick Launch" icon showed in the bottom right on the Taskbar.
    MSOffice 2016-Outlook icon back to Quick Launch Toolbar on every boot [​IMG]

zhihuixie, Sep 8, 2016
  4. Alakar Win User

I'm having the same issue on Windows 7 with Office 2016. Every morning when I logon and launch Outlook, it adds an icon back to my Quick Launch. It's getting annoying.

Alakar, Sep 12, 2016
  5. zekeblue Win User
    Yes, I realize it is every time Outlook is started, not only when computer is booted. Surprised I don't see more posts about this here and elsewhere.

zekeblue, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. MSOffice 2016-Outlook icon back to Quick Launch Toolbar on every boot - Similar Threads - MSOffice 2016 Outlook

2. Win10 Icons Are Displaying In Quick Launch Toolbar instead of the taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 Icons Are Displaying In Quick Launch Toolbar instead of the taskbar: System: Win10 Pro with all current updates. I have two Win10 PCs....a desktop running Win10 Home and a laptop running Win10 Pro. The following problem refers to the laptop only.I have a Quick Launch Tool Bar enabled on the Win10 laptop. When I launch an app from the home...
  3. Win10 Icons Are Displaying In Quick Launch Toolbar instead of the taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10 Icons Are Displaying In Quick Launch Toolbar instead of the taskbar: System: Win10 Pro with all current updates. I have two Win10 PCs....a desktop running Win10 Home and a laptop running Win10 Pro. The following problem refers to the laptop only.I have a Quick Launch Tool Bar enabled on the Win10 laptop. When I launch an app from the home...
  4. Quick Launch Toolbar Icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Quick Launch Toolbar Icons: The icons in my Quick Launch toolbar seem to change sizes after reboot ... and sometimes even without a reboot. Sometimes they're the same height at the regular toolbar, and sometimes they're smaller. When smaller they're really too small and make the Quick Launch toolbar...
  5. Quick Launch is Not Available as a Toolbar on the Taskbar

Quick Launch is Not Available as a Toolbar on the Taskbar: SYMPTOMS: When you right-click the taskbar and point to Toolbars, Quick Launch is not visible. Also, Quick Launch is not enabled by default as a toolbar on the taskbar. MORE INFORMATION: Windows 10 lets you pin your programs to the taskbar like users of Windows 7 and...
  6. Windows 10 icon size in added Quick Launch toolbar

Windows 10 icon size in added Quick Launch toolbar: I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and my Quick Launch toolbar icons are too big even when set to Small icons in View. They are bigger than the regular pinned icons which are set to small via the Taskbar settings. When I login as a different user on the same machine...
  7. Windows 10 icon size in added Quick Launch toolbar

Windows 10 icon size in added Quick Launch toolbar: I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and my Quick Launch toolbar icons are too big even when set to Small icons in View. They are bigger than the regular pinned icons which are set to small via the Taskbar settings. When I login as a different user on the same machine...
  8. Quick Launch toolbar stuck

Quick Launch toolbar stuck: Hello, I have messed up the taskbar, I "think" with Winaero Tweaker, trying to get the white text back so I can read anything (enable disable then enable colored title bars fixed that). While I did get the black text to turn white, either with the colored title bars or Aero...
  9. Outlook 365 automatically adds icon into Quick Launch on boot

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 365 automatically adds icon into Quick Launch on boot: I am running Windows 10, fully up-to-date. Whenever I start my computer, Windows adds an icon for Outlook into my Quick Launch area. Every day I delete it yet Windows adds it back in the next day, I have heard that marking it as hidden can solve this but that has not...
  10. How to get a file explorer icon into the Quick Launch Toolbar

in Windows 10 Support
    How to get a file explorer icon into the Quick Launch Toolbar: My system has just had its Windows 10 Pro x64 re-installed after it stopped booting. I now have dozens, if not hundreds of thing to re-configure. I've re-instated the Quick Launch Toolbar, and now I'm trying to get an icon for File Explorer in this toolbar. This basically...