Windows 10: mSSD Acceleration cache drive not working as intended?

Discus and support mSSD Acceleration cache drive not working as intended? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; ok so i just upgraded to windows 10 and i love it so far, but one small thing my mSSD cache drive dosent seem to be working well. its installed and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by xdarkmario, Feb 21, 2015.

1. mSSD Acceleration cache drive not working as intended?

ok so i just upgraded to windows 10 and i love it so far, but one small thing my mSSD cache drive dosent seem to be working well. its installed and the drivers and bios are setup, and the drive says it's accelerated but not having a effect on my system.
    system still boots slow and apps still open slow for the first 3 minutes meaning the cache drive is not "cache-ing"

anyone else with a mSSD cache drive have similar issue?

:)

xdarkmario, Feb 21, 2015

2. one key optimizer

my one key optimizer is not accelerating any of the cached problems in the acceleration tab and keeps telling me to try again later and even though i do it still does not accelerate the cached problems

moussab katouh, Feb 21, 2015
  3. PhilBixby Win User
    Intel RST Service & Windows10

...well, eventually plucked up the courage to double-click the latest version of the setup.exe file. Install went smoothly, rebooted when prompted and all working fine now. the RST icon in the notifications area now has a green tick on it and opening the
    app shows my SSD as accelerated and working as a cache drive. Problem (hopefully) over!

PhilBixby, Feb 21, 2015
  4. WHS
    whs Win User

mSSD Acceleration cache drive not working as intended?

This is probably a 5400RPM HDD which is slow by design. The cache has to build up before it will have any effect. A 'cold' cache will not help at first. Once you are in the swing of things, performance should get better. It is a similar effect like Superfetch for RAM.

5. oooh right on the money, i own a slow 5400RPM. (waiting for my 7200RPM 1tb to come from overseas)

but the drive i have now have been very fast with the help of the mSDD, without it its extremely slow.

xdarkmario, Feb 22, 2015
  6. still a issue, i have my new 7200k 1tb and its still slow.
    unlike windows 8.1 by boot speed is unaffected by my acceleration status. I can tell its on because when i windows crashes or i force windows off i can see the intel RST cache dump screen. but boot speed is still slow.

xdarkmario, Mar 12, 2015
  7. WHS
    whs Win User
    This is probably because of the random nature of the OS disk operations. The SSD cache does not help in that case because the HDD arm still has to make a lot of movements. I found that the best performance you get out of those devices from sequential operations - e.g. writing an image.

I have once compared HDD, SSHD and SSD performance for imaging. The results are here:

SSHD - Performance comparison with HDD and SSD - Windows 7 Help Forums

8. mSSD Acceleration cache drive not working as intended?

i dont quiet get it...
    the drive is supposed to cache commonly launched apps and speed up launch the next time.
    for recovery proposes i once disabled the cache drive and reset it to storage and installed windows 8.1 to it.
    it was beautiful! the speed was phenomenal! everything loaded instantly.
    at least with my slow 52k hdd back on windows 8.1 the boot time was merely 10 seconds (without fastboot) and acted like the os was installed on the mSSD

xdarkmario, Mar 12, 2015
  9. Still not implemented, you think that it's now up to Intel to fix this issue?

xdarkmario, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

mSSD Acceleration cache drive not working as intended?

1. mSSD Acceleration cache drive not working as intended? - Similar Threads - mSSD Acceleration cache

2. GPO not working as intended

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    GPO not working as intended: First of all. My English is not at good level when I need to write something so I used ChatGPT.Here is my first problem:I will set up a GPO on the server: For example, Enable logon using a practical PIN code. Then, execute gpupdate /force. The policy is applied and...
  3. Keyboard works as not intended

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard works as not intended: HelloMy keyboard acts weird.My right shift key acts as my caps lock, my left shift key acts like my F1 key.And my tab key and escape key works as a pause/play key for videos on youtube and netflix and other.Already try this solution...
  4. Keyboard works as not intended

Keyboard works as not intended: HelloMy keyboard acts weird.My right shift key acts as my caps lock, my left shift key acts like my F1 key.And my tab key and escape key works as a pause/play key for videos on youtube and netflix and other.Already try this solution...
  5. Headset not working as intended

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset not working as intended: Hi! my computer has two headphone jacks, when I plugged my headset in I was asked to choose what it was. I choose Headphones and went out of the tab, only to discover I couldn't use the Microphone with the headset. I plugged it into the other jack and it asked me again, I...
  6. Headset not working as intended

Headset not working as intended: Hi! my computer has two headphone jacks, when I plugged my headset in I was asked to choose what it was. I choose Headphones and went out of the tab, only to discover I couldn't use the Microphone with the headset. I plugged it into the other jack and it asked me again, I...
  7. xCopy not working as intended

xCopy not working as intended: Today, I tried to copy all folders that were inside another folder, but the command doesn't work. It just says "0 Files copied". Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xcopy-not-working-as-intended/b5fc6b0d-209a-466b-bde8-02b54a908bac
  8. xCopy not working as intended

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    xCopy not working as intended: Today, I tried to copy all folders that were inside another folder, but the command doesn't work. It just says "0 Files copied". Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xcopy-not-working-as-intended/b5fc6b0d-209a-466b-bde8-02b54a908bac
  9. Properties not working as intended.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Properties not working as intended.: Hello, I have been trying to set an application to always run as administrator. I already have gone to the file location and opened up properties however, the shortcuts bar cannot be found. I can also not run the application without administrator either. Please help me....
  10. windows dosent defrag drives raided with Mssd

windows dosent defrag drives raided with Mssd: not only in windows 10 but in all windows i always thought that windows was automatically defragging my hard drives and then i turn around and just decided to check with a 3rd party defrag (because my pc boots slow) and theres 65gb of fragmented data!! wtf windows!? now i...