Windows 10: MTP driver error

Discus and support MTP driver error in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, My LGV20 is working perfectly and is recognized by other computers. I go to Microsoft Page and download the MTP driver. I go to LG Page and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by memories, Oct 12, 2017.

1. memories Win User

MTP driver error

Hi, My LGV20 is working perfectly and is recognized by other computers.

I go to Microsoft Page and download the MTP driver.
    I go to LG Page and install the universal USB LG mobile phone driver, and it says that I don't have the MTP driver installed.

I have spoken to MSFT support. LG support. Reinstalled all drivers. I have no idea what to do.

The phone charges (original LG cable) when plugged in. In device manager, under "other devices" it has an error (code 28) for "LGE Android Phone". When I attempt to update the driver (manually), it says "the install class is not present or is invalid."

Thanks!!!

:)

memories, Oct 12, 2017

2. Nexus 9 Not Recognized by Windows 10

Additionally, I tried to install the generic "MTP Device" driver manually, and received the following error:

"The install class is not present or is invalid."

Is there not MTP device support in Windows 10?

Matt Hartzell, Oct 12, 2017
  3. nokia 920 driver error windows 8.1 rt

After installing Windows 8.1 on Surface RT, I get a driver error when plugging in Nokia 920. Have tried restarting both devices, reinstalling driver, and different USB cables with same error. MTP USB device driver can not load. It flashes 920 for a second
    then the MTP USB with the caution icon in device manager.

BrianMabus, Oct 12, 2017
  4. Plankton Win User

MTP driver error

Plankton, Oct 12, 2017
  5. memories Win User
    I think my windows mtp driver is giving me the problem.

memories, Oct 12, 2017
  6. memories Win User
    The phone works on every other computer. My Windows 10 Home N version seems to have errors with phone connectivity. I tried manually installing the driver, but that didn't seem to work.

memories, Oct 12, 2017
  7. Plankton Win User
    The other computers that the phone works on....what version of the OS are they using. I see the one in question is 10 Home N.....this might be an area of concern.....might be.

That's why I suggested the Android forums....maybe someone on there has had the same issue and found a fix for it.

Plankton, Oct 13, 2017
  8. memories Win User

MTP driver error

Other computers are using Windows 10 Home

The problem computer (which has worked in the past) is Windows 10 Home N

There seems to be a fix on MSFT page for the MTP driver (and multimedia pack). But my install must have failed. I'm unsure how to get any phone to work with it.
    Thanks!

And I post on Android forums too

memories, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

MTP driver error

1. MTP driver error - Similar Threads - MTP driver error

2. Connecting phone with PC as MTP-Receiving error 28The drivers for this device are not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connecting phone with PC as MTP-Receiving error 28The drivers for this device are not...: Hello,I have a lenovo G570, 64 bit, 6gb ram. Win 7. I am using this Laptop for the last 10 years and it has been a good experience. Recently I tried to connect my phone with pc through usb for the first time and got this error.The drivers for this device are not installed....
  3. My camera and MTP driver not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My camera and MTP driver not working: When I reinstalled windows 10, the MTP driver and camera stopped working. When I enter the camera it says That it requires the media feature pack for N and KN versions" I have installed the feature but its still didn't work. I have tried to install the MTP driver but it...
  4. Mtp driver broken

Mtp driver broken: so basically i cant seem to update mtp driver usb nor replace it with some other driver because whenever i plug my phone into my pc it just doesnt want to recognize it i tried everything by manually installing or using other softwares or going on google for help and im...
  5. Having problem to update MTP Driver

Having problem to update MTP Driver: [ATTACH] As you can see suddenly I having problem to update the MTP driver, it's keep showing me this message. I tried all possible solution from internet but I didn't find the right one. Please help me with the solution....
  6. Problems occurs in installing mtp drivers.

Problems occurs in installing mtp drivers.: Hello, I had been trying installing/updating mtp driver from device manager and the problem appears to be like this:- Windows found drivers for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install them.The install class is not present or is invalid. So, anyone...
  7. mtp usb driver

mtp usb driver: Hi . May someone help me thrue fixing usb drivers ? Im runnung on windows 10 pro / os build 10.0.18363.836 / ver 1909 I have tried all possible solutions and nothing get fixed..! All i need is to connect my android phone to my laptop thrue mtp ... Many thanks...
  8. MTP Driver Windows Home N

MTP Driver Windows Home N: Hello, I have Windows 10 Home N Version 1903 and when i connect my Android device the MTP driver not install corect.. Can everyone Help me ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mtp-driver-windows-home-n/8431d0a2-beb2-4378-9e31-6d6c622a3de2
  9. MTP USB driver not working correctly

MTP USB driver not working correctly: I have a Windows 10 computer that will not complete the set up for the USB connection to my Motorola Moto G6 phone. I can see the phone listed in Device Manager, but under the Other devices section. When I try to update the driver, it says there is an issue with the driver. I...
  10. USB (MTP) not working, driver not installing

USB (MTP) not working, driver not installing: I try the different methods mentioned in discussions. (Dont know how to add to that discussion) 1) doing update automatically and manually 2) use C:\window\inf 3) I try to do a clean boot and use the methods above. Same problem/message. None worked. MTP driver...