Windows 10: Multi-card (Nvidia gtx + quadro) , frustrations...

Discus and support Multi-card (Nvidia gtx + quadro) , frustrations... in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I won't explain how frustrated I am, it's pointless. But rest assured, I'm at THAT level. Does anyone else have windows 10 install running with a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by dcyuri7, Apr 26, 2017.

1. dcyuri7 Win User

Multi-card (Nvidia gtx + quadro) , frustrations...

I won't explain how frustrated I am, it's pointless. But rest assured, I'm at THAT level.

Does anyone else have windows 10 install running with a multi-card setup like me?
    Nvidia GTX series, combined with a Quadro.

I have two purposes in life, enjoying it (gaming via gtx) and working (working via quadro).
    So I run a dual boot. One with quadro driver (which doesn't support GTX in terms of gaming performance), and another with GTX driver for gaming. Which makes obvious the need for a dual boot (thanks microsoft! thanks nvidia!).

I find that sometimes when I boot windows 10 it automatically overwrites my GTX driver with the quadro one, even though I SPECIFICALLY went into device manager and DISABLED the quadro card.
    Ridiculous!
    "Black screen of death" seems to be the new "thing"....
    At least I can get work done, quadro seems to be the one wearing the pants around here. Too bad I can't game without windows 10 trying to repair my hard drive every time I boot and override my display driver like it knows whats up.
    i love windows 10, I also hate it. I'm sure many share the sentiment...

Anyone have any experience on this topic? I know there isn't a resolution, but I'm open to the idea should someone have one.

:)

dcyuri7, Apr 26, 2017

2. Cannot install Windows 10 due to incompatible display card - this is a windows bug

I have a multi monitor windows 8.1 computer. I used to run 2 NVidia Quadro NVS 285 display cards. When I tried to upgrade to Windows 10 I got an incompatibility error.

Compatibility Issue : NVIDIA Quadro NVS 285 - Manufacturer hasn't made your display compatible with windows 10 ....

So I went and upgraded to a new multi monitor display card.

I uninstalled all NVidia drivers and software from my computer.

The issue is when I try to update to Windows 10 I still get the same error message about NVIDIA being incompatible.

I need to figure how to reset the Windows 10 installer so that it recognizes my new ATI display card.

AfshinMoshrefi, Apr 26, 2017
  3. Anyone have nvidia NVS Quadro 110M drivers for Windows 10?

Actually, there are Vista drivers for D820 - link below. You've probably didn't changed the OS when looking and by default the page suggests XP drivers.

Support für Latitude D820 | Treiber und Downloads | Dell Deutschland

Now apply Category -> Video filter and you'll just have the Video section on the page with 3 entries. One is for NVIDIA Quadro NVS 110M and it has description as:

nVidia Quadro NVS 110M, Quadro FX 350M, GeForce Go 7900 GS, Quadro FX 2500M, GeForce Go 7400, Quadro NVS 120M, GeForce Go 7900 GTX, Quadro FX 1500M, GeForce GO 7950 GTX, Quadro FX 3500M,
    v.156.83 Vista32 WHQL, A03

As you can see, this is for Vista 32 and the file name is [R172817.EXE].

If you want drivers for Vista 64 you should click on [Change OS] (search for this exact text in the page) and choose Vista 64.

Fort Vista 64 the file name is [R142931.EXE].

The above should cover the Dell files.

If you have the nVidia Quadro NVS 110M on you system then you should get from NVIDIA the same driver from my original post. If you have another video card then you should get from NVIDIA the right driver for your video card.

However, please know that there is no guarantee that applying the same procedure I describe will work in your case.

Anyway, please let us know how it works. Good luck!

FlixBuster, Apr 26, 2017
Thema:

Multi-card (Nvidia gtx + quadro) , frustrations...

1. Multi-card (Nvidia gtx + quadro) , frustrations... - Similar Threads - Multi card Nvidia

2. NVIDIA Quadro P1000: not working anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NVIDIA Quadro P1000: not working anymore: Recently, my graphic card seems to not work anymore. There is a warning icon on it in the devices manager, and if I try to update the driver or reinstall the card, I got the blue screen of windows failure.I still have graphics through my processor, but of course limited...I...
  3. NVIDIA Quadro P1000: not working anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NVIDIA Quadro P1000: not working anymore: Recently, my graphic card seems to not work anymore. There is a warning icon on it in the devices manager, and if I try to update the driver or reinstall the card, I got the blue screen of windows failure.I still have graphics through my processor, but of course limited...I...
  4. NVIDIA Quadro K4200 Optix Error

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    NVIDIA Quadro K4200 Optix Error: Hi, When I launch RenderMan in Maya, I am getting this error: Denoiser failed: [ERROR] Optix ERROR creating RTX context I know this card is well dated now and it did work with denoising before. But now, I am not even trying to use the denoiser and it is giving this error...
  5. nvidia quadro m4000 driver not compatible

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    nvidia quadro m4000 driver not compatible: The installer says that it is not compatible with this version of Windows 10 pro. any ideas? Windows 10 ver 1909 [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  6. Windows not detecting NVIDIA GTX 960m graphics card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows not detecting NVIDIA GTX 960m graphics card: Hi community! I need some help concerning my 2nd driver for my laptop. For some reason my laptop isn't detecting my NVIDIA GPU anymore. Earlier today I noticed that whenever I right click on my desktop, the NVIDIA control panel no longer shows up in the drop-down menu. I go...
  7. NVIDIA announces the Quadro RTX 4000 graphics card with 8GB GDDR6

in Windows 10 News
    NVIDIA announces the Quadro RTX 4000 graphics card with 8GB GDDR6: NVIDIA today introduced the Quadro RTX 4000 graphics card — the company’s first midrange professional GPU powered by the NVIDIA Turing architecture and the NVIDIA RTX platform. Unveiled at the annual Autodesk University Conference in Las Vegas, the Quadro RTX 4000 puts...
  8. Nvidia GTX 295

Nvidia GTX 295: Hi Gang, I hope everyone is enjoying the new OS ... I'm getting ready to upgrade my Primary system, which is a EVGA classified X58 board with a core i7, 6Gb RAM and a GTX 295 card. I noted looking thru that the card is legacy now, no new drivers mentioned for 10, nor...
  9. Possible Problem with Nvidia GTX 1050 Graphics Card

Possible Problem with Nvidia GTX 1050 Graphics Card: I am experiencing slight performance issues when my graphics card is turned on. Programs (most noticeably firefox) are slower to launch, windows file explore is slower when launched from the taskbar (start menu launch works fine), and some folders with a lot of files are...
  10. NVIDIA Quadro AA Modes

NVIDIA Quadro AA Modes: Hello all, I was looking through the different AA modes for the quadro card in my Precision laptop. I have a limited understanding of how AA actually works. What has me curious is for example with the GTX 670 in my desktop has different labeled modes than the ones for the...