Windows 10: Multi card reader not working

Discus and support Multi card reader not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi Guys I have a multi card reader and until today I thought it was working but having a need to use it to access an sd card I find that it is not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by swarfega, Jun 1, 2015.

1. swarfega Win User

Multi card reader not working

Hi Guys

I have a multi card reader and until today I thought it was working but having a need to use it to access an sd card I find that it is not working.

I have installed the Intel Chipset inf file.

I am unsure as to what to do next.

I think if build 10134 does not include a fix for this (nor include the sound fix) I may go back to 8.1 so I can pick up the 10 ugprade offer.

Multi card reader not working [​IMG]

:)

swarfega, Jun 1, 2015
  2. ArneLamo Win User

Realtek SD CardReader not working on windows 10

Hi.

I have tried everything, but my SD card reader does not work on my Lenovo Laptop. i just upgraded to the latest driver, but it still does not detect the card reader. If i use a USB multi card reader it works fine, but the internal card reader does not work.

ArneLamo, Jun 1, 2015
  3. Windows Media Player sync does not recognize SD card. Windows 10 running on computer.

I bought a UNITEK multi-in-1 usb 3.0 card reader and it works fine.....thus I believe there is a problem with the software driver for the reader.........

waynedsmith454454, Jun 1, 2015
  4. Charlie Win User

right click yellow marks. select properties choose driver tab and update driver. select search web

Charlie, Jun 1, 2015
  5. Charlie Win User
    If the above does not resolve drive
    You can also right click yellow /properties/select details/arrow down device description/select hardware ids/highlight first value then right click and copy that. Google it and see if you can find out what it is. If it says card reader then maybe it will lead you to a driver

Charlie, Jun 1, 2015
  6. Dude Win User
    I agree with what Charlie has said. Also, from your pic it appears to be a USB device. You can try another port, sometimes that helps.

Dude, Jun 1, 2015
  7. The Intel Chipset Device Software (INF Update Utility) allows the operating system to show the correct name for that piece of hardware in Device Manager.

There are two chips for the USB
    C216 & C220

Speccy or Sysinfo32 will tell you which one is on your board (probably C220)

The IME is a bit more difficult to find - you need to know your board. Safe bet is from Gigabyte.

Slartybart, Jun 1, 2015
  8. swarfega Win User

Hi guys

Ive found this over at Intel:

Intel Download Center

but it says for Intel NUC, not sure if it would be compatible with my z87 system.

swarfega, Jun 1, 2015
  9. nope NUC is the mini box from Intel
    Mini PC: Intel NUC

If you look at the IME offerings on Intel, they list the board. I'm just being really lazy and not figuring out what Gigabyte call the board and mapping that to what Intel calls the board. There are too many IME's for me to look at *Wink

It shouldn't be that hard - SysInfo32 or Specyy or gigabyte should identify the board, then all you have to do is read the Intel IME offerings to find the correct one.

I don't have much else to offer, so I'll stop clogging the lanes on your thread.

Good luck.

Slartybart, Jun 1, 2015
  10. Dude Win User
  11. Mystere Win User
    Mystere, Jun 2, 2015
  12. swarfega Win User
    I haven't had time to do that yet, but the version number looks to be a little old?

Also I found this program which looks quite useful:

Multi card reader not working [​IMG]

Which leads to "Chip: Intel 8 Series/C220 Chipset Family MEI Controller #1

swarfega, Jun 3, 2015
  13. Dude Win User

Check your BIOS, it may have an option for Smart Connect which that may or may not be

Edit

The MB sites will often list a somewhat older version of IME. I recommend using what the MB site offers

Thema:

1. Multi card reader not working - Similar Threads - Multi card reader

2. Scandisk card reader not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scandisk card reader not working: I have a Scandisk cf card reader that has been changed to a Genesys Logic card reader by the installation of the wrong driver. I am using a Windows 10 PC. Now the card reader is not visible in This PC though I can see it in Device manager but can no longer access the files...
  3. card reader

card reader: my laptop card reader doesn't show on the driver https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/card-reader/4999cf63-aa7c-4335-9858-89aec06a900f
  4. Card Reader

Card Reader: Since an update on Windows 10 I can not get my card reader to work. It can't find the subsystem? Very frustrating as it is a work tool that needs to be used once a week. Any help ideas? I went to the software provider and they can't fix it and told me to seek help from...
  5. card reader

card reader: why does the card reader IN my computer not register as a device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/card-reader/04a02571-00f6-41fd-9507-369eb1db0087
  6. Media Card Reader not working

Media Card Reader not working: Since updating my device from Windows 7 to Win10, I've not been able to utilise my media card reader. It never seems to recognise when a media card has been inserted. I have a HP Pavillion Media Centre PC which i have updated a few things on before upgrading to Win10. I...
  7. SD Card Reader not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    SD Card Reader not working: My PC doesn't recognize my SD card https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sd-card-reader-not-working/6a47076e-3cbc-4d69-85bf-53aeedfc23bf
  8. card reader

card reader: trying to download pics to cardreader, you said go to start then click on computer. how do I find computer in the list https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/card-reader/c0ff138c-1646-4957-8074-1917b4af8bd5
  9. SD-card reader not working

SD-card reader not working: Hi I am having trouble accessing my SD card it work fine with another similar laptop, mine just keeps telling em to format the drive, and when i try to format it says it is not able to format it. Alex...
  10. Akasa Multi Card Reader not working under 1703 build 15063

Akasa Multi Card Reader not working under 1703 build 15063: Windows was upgraded to this build & now the 5 card reader isn't being recognized 99% of the time. It worked perfectly OK under the previous build 1702. Have done a clean installation from scratch with no improvement. Any ideas appreciated as I've not been able to...