Windows 10: Multi-monitor remote in using Remote Desktop Connection client with a VPN?

Discus and support Multi-monitor remote in using Remote Desktop Connection client with a VPN? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So here's the skinny. I'm working remotely on the weekends using a VPN through a third-party client right now. It makes me use one monitor to work,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Quickchill, Aug 25, 2018.

1. Multi-monitor remote in using Remote Desktop Connection client with a VPN?

So here's the skinny.

I'm working remotely on the weekends using a VPN through a third-party client right now. It makes me use one monitor to work, and I want to remote in with multi-monitor support.

Notes:

- I am remoting in from a Windows 10 Home computer into a Windows 7 Enterprise computer. Both are capable of multi-monitor through the Remote Desktop Connection (RDC) client built into Windows.

- Both computers have two monitors - that is, I have two monitors on my work computer and two monitors on my home computer.

- Given that this is a work computer that I am remoting into, I don't want to use port forwarding for this connection, I want to use a VPN connection.

Can this be done? Can I use a VPN connection through the RDC program in Windows 10 in order to get multi-monitor support? Do I need to add a VPN connection to the VPN client in my Windows 10 or can I just go through the RDC program? How do I set it up? What information do I need to put where?

If not, is there a work around? Do I need to find a VPN client that supports multi-monitor work? Does anyone know of any good ones?

Thanks in advance for helping!

:)

Quickchill, Aug 25, 2018

2. WM6.5 - Remote desktop over VPN

So i am trying to access a server on my network using my MW6.5 remote desktop over a VPN-connection

These are the issues i have:

• Remote desktop connects locally but not remote
    • VPN is working for Active Sync but not Remote Desktop
    • I have tried to access the remote client using only Remote desktop, and also tried to start the VPN-connection manually but there is no go
    Remote desktop works perfectly locally but as soon as i am outside the network it don't work.
    I use the same VPN-settings as for my Active Sync (pushmail from my exchange) and i am also trying to access the exchange server... that is, the same IP is used for both Active Sync and Remote Desktop.

I would guess that since Active Sync activelly start the VPN-connection when it tries to sync my email Remote Desktop would do the same when i use it - but no!

I am using a localized HTC HD Mini (swedish), we have a cisco VPN-concentrator, server is running Windows Server 2008 R2. I would like to know how to make this work.
    (if i missed some info needed i will supply what is asked for)

Robert Österlund, Aug 25, 2018
  3. Beach Dix Win User
    Windows 10 Multi Monitors in remote desktop

I am using windows 10 pro and attempting to remote connect to a windows 7 pro machine. I select the "Use all my monitors for the remote session" option, but when I connect the remote session is only displayed on monitor 1.

Multi-monitor remote in using Remote Desktop Connection client with a VPN? d816cbf9-0a1c-45af-9619-988b5634ff0f.png

What are the requirements for multi monitor support in windows 10?

Is there any way for me to get multi monitors to work when remote connecting from a windows 10 pro machine to a windows 7 pro machine?

Thanks

Beach Dix, Aug 25, 2018
  4. kleinma Win User

Multi-monitor remote in using Remote Desktop Connection client with a VPN?

kleinma, Aug 25, 2018
Thema:

Multi-monitor remote in using Remote Desktop Connection client with a VPN?

1. Multi-monitor remote in using Remote Desktop Connection client with a VPN? - Similar Threads - Multi monitor remote

2. Remote desktop connection via VPN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote desktop connection via VPN: I have remote desktop on both a laptop and a mini PC. Both have windows 11 pro. I am able to connect while on the same network. I'd like to understand how to connect remotely while on different networks via the VPN method....
  3. Remote Desktop Client Monitor Setup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Remote Desktop Client Monitor Setup: My laptop monitor order and Remote Desktop monitor order is not the same. It is causing issues with some of the apps I open, they are confused on where to go. Any ideas how to get these to match up? I have a dell Inspiron 15 3000 laptop and the newest version of RDC. I have...
  4. Remote Desktop Client Monitor Setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop Client Monitor Setup: My laptop monitor order and Remote Desktop monitor order is not the same. It is causing issues with some of the apps I open, they are confused on where to go. Any ideas how to get these to match up? I have a dell Inspiron 15 3000 laptop and the newest version of RDC. I have...
  5. Remote Desktop Client Monitor Setup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Remote Desktop Connection Multi Monitors Support in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop Connection Multi Monitors Support in Windows 11: Despite enabling the "Use all my monitors for the remote session" option in Remote Desktop Connection in Win11 connecting with a Win7 host, the session only display 1 screen. Both the host and view machines have 2 monitors each and are configured in the same orientation.Dual...
  7. Remote Desktop Connection Multi Monitors Support in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop Connection Multi Monitors Support in Windows 11: Despite enabling the "Use all my monitors for the remote session" option in Remote Desktop Connection in Win11 connecting with a Win7 host, the session only display 1 screen. Both the host and view machines have 2 monitors each and are configured in the same orientation.Dual...
  8. Remote Desktop access to Always On VPN client

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop access to Always On VPN client: I have a number of Always On VPN clients using system tunnels configured at our site...and it would be helpful to be able to connect via remote desktop to the Always On VPN clients. Is there a way to get the RDP listener to listen for connections on the Always-On VPN...
  9. Remote Desktop connection using VPN connection

Remote Desktop connection using VPN connection: Hello there, Can anyone help me with the below issue please, For some reason, i couldn't connect to my work remote desktop computer. However, i can connect this from my laptop. Recently got a new Desktop so, wanted to connect to my work virtual computer from my desktop....
  10. Dual Screen remote in using Remote Desktop Connection client with a VPN?

Dual Screen remote in using Remote Desktop Connection client with a VPN?: So here's the skinny. I'm working remotely on the weekends using a VPN through a third-party client right now. It makes me use one monitor to work, and I want to remote in with multi-monitor support. Notes: - I am remoting in from a Windows 10 Home computer into a...