Windows 10: Multi monitor support is abysmal

Discus and support Multi monitor support is abysmal in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; What is this utter garbage? Once I activate two monitors it's like the third doesn't exist. Even activating the second is a chore as I have to first... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GKS89, Jul 10, 2015.

1. GKS89 Win User

Multi monitor support is abysmal

What is this utter garbage? Once I activate two monitors it's like the third doesn't exist. Even activating the second is a chore as I have to first duplicate and then extend before the third will even become an option. On previous versions, activating monitors was a breeze.

https://i.imgur.com/py8xSFw.jpg

:)

GKS89, Jul 10, 2015
  2. kayanow2 Win User

Abysmal Support

Today I tried to buy something from the microsoft store via my Windows Phone for the first time after finally upgrading my phone to windows 10. The purchase was blocked (my registered method of payment is PAYPAL) The error message gave instructions to
    go to account.xbox.com > Xbox settings > Privacy & online safety . I navigated to this page of my Xbox account on my PC (a bit baffled why my Xbox account is affecting my Phone store account but still, I'm sure they know best).

Most of the stuff on this page is related to friends access to your details and your access to theirs all of which I have blocked. I couldn't figure out what to change so I called support I eventually got to speak to someone, they asked me my email account
    which I gave, they asked me again and I gave it again then they asked me to spell it out which I did and again and again and again and I gave up. This person was clearly having problems understanding my English accent (I'm from London I don't have an accent
    as such) and this is a repeat of two weeks ago when I tried to arrange the return of a 4 Month old Xbox360 controller that no longer works. Needless to say I still have the broken controller and I can still not buy anything on my Windows 10 phone. I suppose
    the controller is to their advantage but not being able to buy from the Phone store can do nothing but hurt them.

Microsoft needs to do much better.

This was constructive in my decision today that my next phone will be Android or Apple after being a loyal Windows Phone user since the first Lumia simply because I like them, The final straw

kayanow2, Jul 10, 2015
  3. Beach Dix Win User
    Windows 10 Multi Monitors in remote desktop

It would appear that this is the issue. However I find it odd that when I had windows 7 pro I could remote connect to a windows 7 enterprise computer and I got multi-monitor support. But when I have windows 10 pro (where multi-monitors is supported), I do
    not get multi monitor support.

It doesn't matter though, I have since upgraded the other computer to windows 10 pro so I have multi monitor support.

Beach Dix, Jul 10, 2015
  4. Multi monitor support is abysmal

You're much better off using Nvidia Control Panel or CCC to work with multiple monitors than using Windows.

I agree, though. That's certainly not ideal.

blackroseMD1, Jul 10, 2015
Thema:

Multi monitor support is abysmal

1. Multi monitor support is abysmal - Similar Threads - Multi monitor support

2. Every patch causes multi monitor support to fail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every patch causes multi monitor support to fail: Why does dual monitor support stop working after every windows update? EVERY SINGLE TIME. I have to go through an re-install all my drivers, and if lucky that will fix things. This is not a why did the patch mess up my monitors. It is why does this happen EVERY SINGLE TIME I...
  3. Every patch causes multi monitor support to fail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Every patch causes multi monitor support to fail: Why does dual monitor support stop working after every windows update? EVERY SINGLE TIME. I have to go through an re-install all my drivers, and if lucky that will fix things. This is not a why did the patch mess up my monitors. It is why does this happen EVERY SINGLE TIME I...
  4. Every patch causes multi monitor support to fail

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Remote Desktop Connection Multi Monitors Support in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop Connection Multi Monitors Support in Windows 11: Despite enabling the "Use all my monitors for the remote session" option in Remote Desktop Connection in Win11 connecting with a Win7 host, the session only display 1 screen. Both the host and view machines have 2 monitors each and are configured in the same orientation.Dual...
  6. Remote Desktop Connection Multi Monitors Support in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop Connection Multi Monitors Support in Windows 11: Despite enabling the "Use all my monitors for the remote session" option in Remote Desktop Connection in Win11 connecting with a Win7 host, the session only display 1 screen. Both the host and view machines have 2 monitors each and are configured in the same orientation.Dual...
  7. Multi monitor freeze

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Multi monitor freeze: Hello I have a problem with my computer I tried so many solutions on google with contacting Microsoft support and still no fix, so I ended up here to get help as you guys helped me before in the BSOD problem. My problem my mouse pointer freeze for a split second...
  8. Multi-Account Support!!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Multi-Account Support!!: iOS users really need multi-account access and "Copy task to.." option for windows is really needed. submitted by /u/BruceWyn [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eks1wp/multiaccount_support/
  9. Feedback: Gaming on Multi-Monitor Support/Handling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Feedback: Gaming on Multi-Monitor Support/Handling: Everything defaults to "Main Display"... When you start a game it it starts on "Main Display"... which is OK. But when you install programs (Example: Discord voice chat) it puts the icons behind the game screen (Main Display) desktop... it forces the user to move the game...
  10. Multi-monitor taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Multi-monitor taskbar: Is there a way to duplicate the taskbar to my second monitor? Right now, there are no toolbars, notification icons, search or date/clock. thanks. 10480