Windows 10: Multi-monitor/Taskbar issue

Discus and support Multi-monitor/Taskbar issue in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So I have an odd issue. I have 3 monitors in my setup. My main is a 27" Dell G-Sync monitor at 2560x1440. It is flanked by a 24" 1080p monitor on each... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by WoodroweBones, May 29, 2017.

1. Multi-monitor/Taskbar issue

So I have an odd issue. I have 3 monitors in my setup. My main is a 27" Dell G-Sync monitor at 2560x1440. It is flanked by a 24" 1080p monitor on each side of it. I have the 27" set as my main monitor but have dragged my main taskbar to the monitor on my left side. My issue is that if I hit WinKey + D (show desktop) the taskbar disappears on my middle (main) monitor. It remains on the other 2 displays. Sorry if that doesnt make sense. Let me know and I'll try to explain more if it doesnt

:)

WoodroweBones, May 29, 2017

2. FIX AUTO-HIDE issue already!!!

According to "winver", which version of Windows 10 are you using? I presume we're talking about the taskbar auto-hide? Is this a multi-monitor system?

zachd [MSFT], May 29, 2017
  3. After Win10 Creators Update: the Task Bar has 100%-transparent instead of 100%-black background

I have the exact same problem, running on three monitors.

The taskbar on the primary is fine, the others are transparent. I've also seen the primary monitor taskbar be transparent.

I don't think it's related to settings, it's just a bug, possibly related to DPI scaling on multi-monitor setups.

I installed Creators Update manually because of the scaling improvements, everything is fine except for this, hope it will be fixed soon.

Stian Lund, May 29, 2017
  4. Multi-monitor/Taskbar issue

Not seeing that here? 22 inch wide screen flanked by two 19 inch displays.

alphanumeric, May 29, 2017
  5. spunk Win User
    Go to Settings/Personalization/TaskBar/Multiple Displays/Show Taskbar on all Displays

spunk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Multi-monitor/Taskbar issue

1. Multi-monitor/Taskbar issue - Similar Threads - Multi monitor Taskbar

2. multi monitor issue - screen staying black

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    multi monitor issue - screen staying black: So I have 2 monitors connected to an rtx 2070, one via hdmi (4k) and 1 via displayport (1440p). I mirror the screens so both display the same content. This usually works, however for reasons I can not isolate one or both monitors show only black screens sometimes at random....
  3. Issue with moving mouse between monitors in a multi-monitor setup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Issue with moving mouse between monitors in a multi-monitor setup: This might be a bit of an an usual problem, atleast I couldn't find anyone with a similar problem. I have 5 Monitors in a surround setup as one can see in this screenshot of my display organisation: [ATTACH] Moving the cursor or windows between monitors poses no problem...
  4. Task View on Multi-Monitor Setup Issue

Task View on Multi-Monitor Setup Issue: Hi, I have three monitors, one 4k and two 1080p ones on either side. When I go into task view, both side monitors go black. It still shows the bar at the top, and any icons of open applications, but does not show the little previews of the other desktops or open...
  5. Multi Monitor Taskbar query

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Multi Monitor Taskbar query: Hi all, when you have multiple monitors and the taskbar set to display on all of them, is there any way to configure it so when you click an item on the taskbar (either a pinned or open app) that it opens the window on the corresponding monitor to the taskbar you used, rather...
  6. Multi Monitor - Taskbar - Remove "Start button & Clock"

Multi Monitor - Taskbar - Remove "Start button & Clock": PC just updated to 10 Anniversary. I have three monitors, I want to remove the start button and clock from second/third monitor. (I.E A blank task bar) I do not want to disable the second/third monitor's task bar, I like the applications running that appear on said...
  7. W10 Anniversary Multi-Monitor Wallpaper Issues

W10 Anniversary Multi-Monitor Wallpaper Issues: I've lost the ability to specifically assign wallpapers throughout my three monitors after the Windows 10 Anniversary Update. When rt clicking, the options for specific monitor assignments show up in triplicate. [img] The menu in the past would include "...Set for...
  8. Multi monitor DPI scaling issue

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Multi monitor DPI scaling issue: Hi, I've got a 4K monitor and a 1920x1200 monitor hooked up but the current "solution" for separate DPI scaling seems flawed. If I set the 4K monitor as my main display and set it to 200% scaling with the 1920 display set to 100% what seems to happen is that windows...
  9. Taskbar location not saving on Multi-monitor setup.

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar location not saving on Multi-monitor setup.: Ever since upgrading to Windows 10, the most annoying thing, even more annoying then BSOD's once every other day, is the fact that my Taskbar doesn't stay where I place it. I have dual monitors and have always placed the taskbar on the right side of the secondary display....
  10. Multi-monitor taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Multi-monitor taskbar: Is there a way to duplicate the taskbar to my second monitor? Right now, there are no toolbars, notification icons, search or date/clock. thanks. 10480