Windows 10: Multi Monitor - Taskbar - Remove "Start button & Clock"

Discus and support Multi Monitor - Taskbar - Remove "Start button & Clock" in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; PC just updated to 10 Anniversary. I have three monitors, I want to remove the start button and clock from second/third monitor. (I.E A blank task... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MrCollective, Aug 13, 2016.

1. Multi Monitor - Taskbar - Remove "Start button & Clock"

PC just updated to 10 Anniversary.

I have three monitors, I want to remove the start button and clock from second/third monitor. (I.E A blank task bar)

I do not want to disable the second/third monitor's task bar, I like the applications running that appear on said monitor to appear in the task bar of that monitor.

I had this setup on the previous build, but can't remember for the life of me how I did it (No third party software)

:)

MrCollective, Aug 13, 2016

2. Taskbar

Can you right-click on that Start button to get a menu and does it work? What else do you see in your Taskbar (e.g. on the far right)? Every time people describe this, especially if they say the Start button has a functioning right-click menu, makes me
    think that they are looking at a secondary of a multi-monitor configuration (with a phantom primary). Then I suggest they try Win-P, CursorUp, Enter and see if that changes their symptom at all.

FYI

Robert Aldwinckle

---

Robert Aldwinckle on forums, Aug 13, 2016
  3. How to MOVE the Windows 10 Taskbar to second screen (not copy it)?

That's not true at all on my 4-monitor setup. Monitor 2 is my primary(main) monitor, but the main taskbar (with clock, etc.) is on monitor-3.

epsilonquest, Aug 13, 2016
  4. Multi Monitor - Taskbar - Remove "Start button & Clock"

Did you find a solution for this? I'm having the same issue.

FrankRizz0, Aug 16, 2016
  5. Nothing at all so far.

MrCollective, Aug 16, 2016
  6. 1Trek1 Win User
    Having the same issue here as well.....anyone having any luck??

1Trek1, Sep 22, 2016
  7. Unfortunately not. Still waiting for MS to respond to my query.

MrCollective, Sep 22, 2016
  8. 1Trek1 Win User

Multi Monitor - Taskbar - Remove "Start button & Clock"

Hey.....I /just/ found something, using UltraMon 3.3.0, that will help with a step in the right direction. UltraMon 3.3.0 has the ability to hide the start menu on all secondary monitors. click here:

UltraMon Features - Taskbar Extensions / Smart Taskbar

It works. I am looking at my secondary monitor as I type this and the start menu is not showing. I am still working on finding something to remove the sys clock from the secondary taskbars. But, as mentioned, it /is/ a step in the right direction. *Smile

1Trek1, Sep 22, 2016
  9. Cheers I'll try it out again.

MrCollective, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Multi Monitor - Taskbar - Remove "Start button & Clock"

1. Multi Monitor - Taskbar - Remove "Start button & Clock" - Similar Threads - Multi Monitor Taskbar

2. Multi Monitor Taskbar query

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Multi Monitor Taskbar query: Hi all, when you have multiple monitors and the taskbar set to display on all of them, is there any way to configure it so when you click an item on the taskbar (either a pinned or open app) that it opens the window on the corresponding monitor to the taskbar you used, rather...
  3. Taskbar and start button

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Taskbar and start button: When I plugged in my headphones into my computer, the start and taskbar did a weird thing and now it won't go back to normal. I don't know how to fix this and it's affecting how I do my work. The problem is that the taskbar won't show mircosoft edge, my files, and the other...
  4. Start button and Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start button and Taskbar: I have a Windows 10 laptop, start button & task bar does not work. Only the desktop icons are clickable. Not even clicking the clock in the lower right corner pops up the time & calendar....
  5. Start button - taskbar

Start button - taskbar: I like how Windows 8 did not have the start button. When they updated to Windows 10, the least they could have done is give us the option of having it on the taskbar, like the Cortana thing. Who clicks on the button anyways? Please recommend if I can do anything to remove...
  6. Remove Start button

Remove Start button: Hi I am a Windows 10 user and i like to see my screen clean of buttons as most of the tasks are very easily fulfilled by the keyboard. One of such buttons is the start button. Is there any way i can remove the Start button from my taskbar? * Moved from Health & Band...
  7. taskbar and start button

taskbar and start button: I started my computer and my bottom taskbar including the start button and search box appears for a second and then disappears. I am running Windows 10. I can't get them to stay on/visible. Frankly, Windows 7 was much better. Help anyone?...
  8. Multi-monitor/Taskbar issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Multi-monitor/Taskbar issue: So I have an odd issue. I have 3 monitors in my setup. My main is a 27" Dell G-Sync monitor at 2560x1440. It is flanked by a 24" 1080p monitor on each side of it. I have the 27" set as my main monitor but have dragged my main taskbar to the monitor on my left side. My issue...
  9. Taskbar location not saving on Multi-monitor setup.

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar location not saving on Multi-monitor setup.: Ever since upgrading to Windows 10, the most annoying thing, even more annoying then BSOD's once every other day, is the fact that my Taskbar doesn't stay where I place it. I have dual monitors and have always placed the taskbar on the right side of the secondary display....
  10. Multi-monitor taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Multi-monitor taskbar: Is there a way to duplicate the taskbar to my second monitor? Right now, there are no toolbars, notification icons, search or date/clock. thanks. 10480