Windows 10: Multi-Partition SD Cards inaccessible after anniversary update

Discus and support Multi-Partition SD Cards inaccessible after anniversary update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have few SD Cards that were formatted to carry 2 partitions ( one fat32 partition and another ext4 linux partition) , this is a common practice to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by nIGHTmAYOR, Oct 1, 2016.

1. Multi-Partition SD Cards inaccessible after anniversary update

I have few SD Cards that were formatted to carry 2 partitions ( one fat32 partition and another ext4 linux partition) , this is a common practice to use a common tool for android mobiles to move applications to sd cards for additional space ( named link2sd ) . the primary partition which is the fat32 was always accessible in windows . surprisingly after the update both partitions become inaccessible and the card reads un-formatted with no ability to format it even , funny enough they are still accessible when I boot using rescue disks , any suggestions on what to do ?!

:)

nIGHTmAYOR, Oct 1, 2016

2. HDD Partition Issues after Windows 10 Anniversary Update

One of my HDD partitions became inaccessible after the Windows 10 Anniversary update.

I've tried using EaseUs Partition Master to recover it, but it won't allow me to undelete the partition because the Anniversary Update seems to have created one or more additional partitions making four primary partitions on the drive and squeezing my partition
    out of existence.

I was not aware this issue was related to the Anniversary Update and when I found out, too much time had passed for me to roll back to the previous version of Windows 10.

Is there any way at all to recover the data in this partition? I created it for all my games and their associated data. Is there going to be a patch forthcoming to fix the issue?

Or do I just have to start from scratch?

JThomasAlbert, Oct 1, 2016
  3. uyibaz Win User
    memory card and n900

hi this is the result of procedure

$ dmesg | grep mmc0

[81208.118713] mmc0: cover is open, card is now inaccessible

[81398.064392] mmc0: cover is closed, card is now accessible

[81398.576141] mmc0: cover is open, card is now inaccessible

[81398.776275] mmc0: error -110 whilst initialising SD card

[81399.313476] mmc0: cover is closed, card is now accessible

[81400.010894] mmc0: error -110 whilst initialising SD card

[81403.253021] mmc0: cover is open, card is now inaccessible

[81403.989227] mmc0: cover is closed, card is now accessible

[81404.706176] mmc0: error -110 whilst initialising SD card

uyibaz, Oct 1, 2016
Thema:

Multi-Partition SD Cards inaccessible after anniversary update

1. Multi-Partition SD Cards inaccessible after anniversary update - Similar Threads - Multi Partition Cards

2. BSOD when using SD card after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when using SD card after update: Every time I update my OS something breaks. This is probably why people do not trust Microsoft and are in no hurry to install updates...After updating the OS, I get a BSOD every time I insert the SD card into the laptop. It has the EXT4 file system. I know that Winovs is not...
  3. BSOD when using SD card after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD when using SD card after update: Every time I update my OS something breaks. This is probably why people do not trust Microsoft and are in no hurry to install updates...After updating the OS, I get a BSOD every time I insert the SD card into the laptop. It has the EXT4 file system. I know that Winovs is not...
  4. Two partition on a sd card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Two partition on a sd card: I created a bootable sd card with rufus but i format it in ntfs format with rufus. but two partition created and i can't format second one it shows write protectedluckily it got formatted when i put it in mobile and formatted through it...
  5. Two partition on a sd card

in Windows 10 Customization
    Two partition on a sd card: I created a bootable sd card with rufus but i format it in ntfs format with rufus. but two partition created and i can't format second one it shows write protectedluckily it got formatted when i put it in mobile and formatted through it...
  6. Two partition on a sd card

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Inaccessible partition after the 1909 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Inaccessible partition after the 1909 update: Hi, All, I updated from 1809 to 1909 one hour ago and upon restart, the boot screen said to click any key to skip a disk check, I skipped it. Then the Windows loaded, I noticed some missing icons on the desktop but didn't mind them. I opened Windows Explorer and saw that the...
  8. SD card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SD card: I have recently had my Acer laptop serviced and the tech talked me into installing windows 10 and I hate it . can someone pleas tell me how I can view the contents of an SD card ? On windows 7 I used to go to my drive menu and just select it from there. thx...
  9. SD card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SD card: Windows 10 does not detect my SD card https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/sd-card/cecf9cf6-ad80-43c5-8b57-3c0b84d4305f
  10. Recovery Partition changes after update (Anniversary Update)

in Windows 10 Support
    Recovery Partition changes after update (Anniversary Update): After updated windows, I found that the recovery partition divided into 2 parts and 1 weird partition. How can I deal with this? Cause this looks not normal at all. [img] 58801