Windows 10: Multimedia class scheduler missing from service

Discus and support Multimedia class scheduler missing from service in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Turned on my computer the other day and the audio does not work. I get an error that the service in not running. When I try to start the service, I get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Randy78910, Aug 22, 2018.

1. Multimedia class scheduler missing from service

Turned on my computer the other day and the audio does not work. I get an error that the service in not running. When I try to start the service, I get an error:

Windows count not start Windows Audio service on Local Computer. Error 0x80070005: Access is denied.

I opened the properties of the service and noticed one of the dependencies appears to be missing. Multimedia Class Scheduler is not listed and it is not included in my list of services. I checked my registry and mmcss entry is there is there in the following location:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\MMCSS

I completed the following scans, per linked instructions, with no errors generated:

SFC /SCANNOW

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-performance/i-have-lost-the-multimedia-class-scheduler-from-my/652591ac-5990-4102-b739-5f3e019f492d

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/missing-mmcss-service-after-rebooting-pc/7090d8aa-1544-41ff-9f36-ec4fde91de75

I tried to reinstall the service per these instructions:

http://batcmd.com/windows/10/services/mmcss/

I have tried to uninstall audio drivers and reinstall without any luck.

Finally, I tried to restore windows. However, for some reason the USB drives don't work at the "Select Keyboard" screen and I can't do a system restore.

:)

Randy78910, Aug 22, 2018
  2. robertd50 Win User

system restore

Tried all you suggested. Did not solve problem.

Multimedia Class Scheduler wasn't listed in service. I doubt if it's critical since it's not listed on my end.

Thanks for input.

robertd50, Aug 22, 2018
  3. windows could not start the windows audio service on local computer error 0x80070005'

so already research this problem because my multimedia class scheduler is missing not in my service

so how i get back my msc ? thanks before

BinsarHumiras, Aug 22, 2018
  4. Multimedia class scheduler missing from service

Task Scheduler service will not start.

Thank you for updating us. If Task Scheduler will not start, we suggest that you restart it. The service might be disabled that's why the task will not run. Follow the steps below to troubleshoot Task Scheduler.

• Click Start menu.
    • Type Services in the Start Search box.
    • Right-Click Services, and select Run as Administrator.
    • If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type your password or click
      Continue.
    • Right-click the Task Scheduler Service and select Restart.
    And have you tried running the System File Checker scan as an Administrator. For more information check this
    article. You can also perform DISM after performing SFC.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Reymichael Ros, Aug 22, 2018
Thema:

Multimedia class scheduler missing from service

1. Multimedia class scheduler missing from service - Similar Threads - Multimedia class scheduler

2. How do I turn off the audio alerts associated with Multimedia Class Scheduler without...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I turn off the audio alerts associated with Multimedia Class Scheduler without...: All day long I keep hearing an audio alert that is not only annoying but gets included in my occasional video recordings. I keep Event Viewer alive so I can quickly check to see which app or service caused the alert. Before checking Event Viewer I make a note of the hour,...
  3. How do I turn off the audio alerts associated with Multimedia Class Scheduler without...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I turn off the audio alerts associated with Multimedia Class Scheduler without...: All day long I keep hearing an audio alert that is not only annoying but gets included in my occasional video recordings. I keep Event Viewer alive so I can quickly check to see which app or service caused the alert. Before checking Event Viewer I make a note of the hour,...
  4. Missing the Multimedia Class Scheduler

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing the Multimedia Class Scheduler: I have the same problem as NancyHoneycutt1 did in her now locked thread. I don't see any answers there. My problem just started July 19, 2022 with no real clues as to why, but as I was troubleshooting and trying to regain sound on my system, I found this site that suggested...
  5. Missing the Multimedia Class Scheduler

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing the Multimedia Class Scheduler: I have the same problem as NancyHoneycutt1 did in her now locked thread. I don't see any answers there. My problem just started July 19, 2022 with no real clues as to why, but as I was troubleshooting and trying to regain sound on my system, I found this site that suggested...
  6. Missing the Multimedia Class Scheduler

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Multimedia Audio Services missing

Multimedia Audio Services missing: Hi all, currently I use windows 10 Education version 2004. Audio, sound of web, mp3, gaming, ... work normally, but I saw in task scheduler have 2 task - Cache task - Multimedia sound task - When I start up 2020/07/28 19:00:00 and checked task scheduler both of them...
  8. Missing the Multimedia Class Scheduler

Missing the Multimedia Class Scheduler: Any new ideas about how to fix this ? I've tried the ones listed here and also Googled it so please help if you can. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-the-multimedia-class-scheduler/8e33d0ea-e841-4da6-91f7-17446e3f3071
  9. missing multimedia class scheduler

missing multimedia class scheduler: its gone how do i reinstall https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-multimedia-class-scheduler/7c96ad11-05a1-4fbd-bd26-ed62ca45a1e5
  10. Dependencies missing in Print Spooler Service & "Class not registered" error

Dependencies missing in Print Spooler Service & "Class not registered" error: This has me stumped. The computer will not print, and the Print Troubleshooter gives me two messages: "Print Spooler service isn't running" and "Print spooler service isn't starting automatically" In both cases, the troubleshooter reports "Not Fixed." However, when I look...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. multimedia class scheduler missing

2. Multimedia Class Scheduler

3. multimedia class scheduler missing windows 10

4. multimedia class scheduler service missing,
  5. multimedia class scheduler install,
  6. how to reinstall multimedia class scheduler,
  7. fix missing multimedia class scheduler,
  8. multimedia class scheduler disabled,
  9. multimedia class scheduler windows 10,
  10. windows 10 multimedia class scheduler missing,
  11. multimedia class scheduler service windows 10,