Windows 10: multimedia controller yellow triangle .

Discus and support multimedia controller yellow triangle . in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; hi there, just ran windows defender and noticed there was a yellow triangle over device performance and health. followed the instructions but find... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by phant0m2017, May 20, 2017.

1. multimedia controller yellow triangle .

hi there, just ran windows defender and noticed there was a yellow triangle over device performance and health. followed the instructions but find there is no multimedia controlled installed ? i went into device manager and tried right clicking on the multimedia controller and then into properties . tried updating driver... says drivers for this device are not installed, code 28 .there are no compatible drivers for this device .then i click on search automatically for updated driver software. result . windows was unable to update your software ???
    any help on this would be appreciated.... thanks.....

:)

phant0m2017, May 20, 2017
  2. JS72 Win User

Resolution isn't what it says it is?

control panel..... device manager...display adapter...then check for a yellow triangle if you have a yellow triangle you can reload or update the driver and it might solve this problem ... that is how I got mine corrected .... you might need to restart to
    have it apply !!!

JS

3. JS72 Win User
    Windows 10 Screen Scaling and Resolution problem

control panel..... device manager...display adapter...then check for a yellow triangle if you have a yellow triangle you can reload or update the driver and it might solve this problem ... that is how I got mine corrected .... you might need to restart to
    have it apply !!!

JS

4. dalchina New Member

multimedia controller yellow triangle .

Hello,
    1. Please complete your specs (see mine for comparison) as this relates to hardware.
    2. Please post a screenshot of your Device Man. showing the problem
    use the Insert Image icon to the left of the video icon above your post

What's the history?
    Have you recently upgraded to Win 10, or from 32 bits to 64 bits?
    Or were you running Win 10 ok and suddenly this happened?

And which is your Win 10 version?
    (Win key + X, winver)

Have you checked for Win 10 drivers on your manufacturer's site?

Thanks

dalchina, May 20, 2017
  5. here is the info. you requested . i have had windows 10 since day one after upgrading from windows 7 ultimate. i actually went onto the toshiba website and checked for drivers but there is nothing for windows 10.

6. dalchina New Member
    Hi, I understand you've had Win 10 running on this PC for a long time; you've recently upgraded to the CU (from your screenshot).

Have you had this problem since you upgraded to the CU?

Again: Have you recently upgraded from 32 bits to 64 bits? (I guess your Win 7 was 32 bits with 4Gb RAM).

Have you had 64 bit Win 10 running on this PC before?

Again: 2. Please post a screenshot of your Device Man. showing the problem
    use the Insert Image icon to the left of the video icon above your post

I guess this is a somewhat older laptop. (Ref. to mobile in your screenshot).
    It looks as if the model is Qosmio G50- is that correct?

To complete your specs, a freeware prog. called Speccy is very handy.

There are 64 bit Win 7 drivers, but none for Win 8.
    I was wondering about a BIOS update.. a few find that necessary to run later Windows editions for which their PC was not designed. One is listed for G55, not G50.
    Qosmio G50 (PQG55C-042039) Support | Toshiba

As for your particular driver (whatever that may be- I've not seen your Device Manager or the device you're concerned about yet) - here's what I suggest you try:

Download and run DriverMax (free for 2 drivers / day).
    Do a scan with that and see if it offers anything.
    I have used it 2 or 3 times successfully when in difficulty. (We would never normally recommend such tools for routine use).

Note: In running a late edition of Windows on an older laptop you run a risk of thermal management not being properly implemented. I found I could not run one older laptop in Safe Mode in Win 8- it got hot and cut out. It came with Vista.

dalchina, May 20, 2017
  7. hi there, excuse my lack of expert knowledge but what is a CU ? IHAve only had this problem this last 2 weeks or so.i changed my system to 64 bits over a year ago now .yes my laptop is qosmio G50.
    multimedia controller yellow triangle . [​IMG]

8. dalchina New Member

CU is the commonly used abbreviation for the Creator's update- to save typing.
    As you know, periodically MS produces major builds- this is the current one.
    I'm assuming this problem arose after you upgraded to the CU as the timescale fits.

Was your OS 64 bit before this? Or if you prefer, has it been 64 bit for some months? OR have you changed from 32 to 64 in the last couple of weeks? (Complete reinstall).

As per previous: try Drivermax.

dalchina, May 20, 2017
  9. hi , yes i have had 64 bit system for well over a year now.

10. dalchina New Member
    Sorry, missed that before. So it's upgrading to the CU that's caused this.

Two approaches:
    1. Update your BIOS (if you can find an update).
    (You can research how on your manufacturer's site)
    2. Try Drivermax

Explanation here:
    What Is a Multimedia Controller? | Techwalla.com

dalchina, May 20, 2017
  11. hi there again... i just downloaded and ran drivermax and it found a multimedia controller driver and installed it... the yellow triangle seems to have gone !

12. dalchina New Member
    Excellent- you're in luck.

I'd have a look to see if there's a BIOS update anyway.

dalchina, May 20, 2017
  13. multimedia controller yellow triangle .

thanks very much for the help.... i will check for a bios update.... the drivermax did pick up a handful of other things that need updating... should i try update others or just let them be as nothing else is giving me a yellow triangle ?
    just tried updating BIOS from toshiba website but recieved this message .

14. dalchina New Member
    Mm, the utility isn't specified for Win 10. Does Drivermax offer anything for the Bios?

If your PC is running, it's not essential. Your PC is in uncharted territory- like many- not positively approved for Win 10
    Toshiba : Model List

As to drivers no- do not update routinely using such tools as this. Windows maintains your basic drivers, and will probably replace drivers you install with those it seems good for you.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Now for sthg different: here's what we strongly recommend and probably all regular contributors here use:
    Here's my write-up on the value of disk imaging.

Everyone who contributes regularly here uses and recommends disk imaging.

If you use it, you can recover from:
    - a failed disk drive (restore to a new one)
    - ransomware (which encrypts your disk)
    - user error
    - unrecoverable problems from failed updates to problem programs
    - unbootable PC (hardware faults aside)

Images also act as a full backup- you can extract files too.

You can even use images to help you move more easily and quickly to a new PC.
    Can be used with Laplink software to transfer your build automatically to another PC

Imaging can even help you sleep at night knowing you have a second chance.

Creating disk images lets you restore Windows and all your imaged disks and partitions to a previous working state from compressed copies you have created and kept updated on external storage media, quickly and probably without technical help.

Many here recommend Macrium Reflect (free) as a good robust solution and more reliable than some others. It’s
    - more feature rich
    - more flexible
    - more reliable
    than Windows Backup and Restore system images.

It's well supported with videos, help and a responsive forum.

There are other such programs, free/commercial, some with simpler interfaces, but Macrium R is one of the most robust and reliable.

How long does it take?
    SSD+ USB3 - maybe 15 mins for the first system image, less thereafter
    HDD + USB2 - maybe 40-50 mins
    That’s with little personal data, few programs installed.
    - of course, depends how much you have on C:
    (You can and should image all your partitions and disks)

Once you've created your first image, keep it updated with e.g. differential imaging- which images just changes from the first image, more quickly, and creates a smaller image file.

You need a backup medium - say- twice as large as the total amount of data you are imaging to keep a reasonable number of differential images. This will vary dependent on the number of images you keep, so is only a rough practical guide.

Some comment that system restore isn't always reliable; if it works and solves the problem, great. But sometimes restores won't work or fail. And of course a restore point only covers a limited number of aspects of the system. That’s where disk imaging comes in.

(There's a tutorial on Macrium in the Tutorials section, and a couple of videos in the user videos section on this forum)
    Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect Windows 10 Backup Restore Tutorials
    Windows 10 instructional videos by Ten Forums members

dalchina, May 20, 2017
  15. thanks for all the info there..... going back to the drivermax do you recommend i attend to any of the updates here on the 2 images i sent ?

Thema:

1. multimedia controller yellow triangle . - Similar Threads - multimedia controller yellow

2. Device Security - Yellow Triangle!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device Security - Yellow Triangle!: Something I installed must have also installed Norton 360. I uninstalled, rebooted,, then noticed a shiels with a yellow triangle in my hidden icons on the taskbar. I click and it takes me to Security at a glance. Inder Device Security there is a yellow triangle & it says...
  3. Device Security - Yellow Triangle!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Device Security - Yellow Triangle!: Something I installed must have also installed Norton 360. I uninstalled, rebooted,, then noticed a shiels with a yellow triangle in my hidden icons on the taskbar. I click and it takes me to Security at a glance. Inder Device Security there is a yellow triangle & it says...
  4. Other device problem Yellow triangle

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Other device problem Yellow triangle: Hi i have 2 questions for other device see attach image:What does the "other devices" list mean?If they are not found, can they damage the system or create instability?Can I remove them from the list?I tried to update them but they are not found, how can i fix this this...
  5. ransomware protection yellow triangle in onedrive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    ransomware protection yellow triangle in onedrive: I get the gray x on many folders that don't open. I have a feeling it's because I can't get rid of the onedrive problem. Always says "set up onedrive" which I already am setup and signed in Then says "you are already syncing a onedrive" and can't go any further. Thanks....
  6. yellow triangles in my device manager

yellow triangles in my device manager: I have several devices that have yellow triangles in my device manager yet, supposedly, they are running normally. They are the display adapter, the IDE ATA/ADATI controllers, and the Microsoft Storage Space Controller. Any ideas how to get rid of them?????...
  7. Yellow triangle on unplugged LAN icon

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Yellow triangle on unplugged LAN icon: Just after updating to Windows 10, version 1809 I noticed that LAN icon when the LAN cable and wifi not connected yet appears as the network cable is connected with a yellow triangle on the icon. troubleshooting gives unidentified problem. internet connection when cable is...
  8. Windows defender yellow triangle

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender yellow triangle: I noticed that a little yellow triangle with an exclamation point shows up next to the windows defender icon. I'm not sure how to get rid of it. Any help is appreciated. Thanks[ATTACH]...
  9. coprocessor with yellow triangle please help!

coprocessor with yellow triangle please help!: i came across the coprocessor on the device manager. It has this yellow triangle and i bet i need to get its driver or download it somewhere. PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_03F4&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_A2 PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_03F4&SUBSYS_00000000 PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_03F4&REV_A2...
  10. Yellow Triangle on Ethernet taskbar icon?!?!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Yellow Triangle on Ethernet taskbar icon?!?!: I just upgraded from Windows 8.1 to 10 and having this annoying issue where the yellow triangle over the ethernet icon in the taskbar will not go away. I can get online and surf so not sure whats going on. I did install the new lan drivers but still getting the annoying...