Multimedia Keys Move Slider But no Volume Change

Discus and support Multimedia Keys Move Slider But no Volume Change in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I notice that when I'm playing GW2 I can press the volume keys on my keyboard and the volume OSD goes up and down but the volume doesn't change. If I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mooreted, May 29, 2018.

1. mooreted Win User

I notice that when I'm playing GW2 I can press the volume keys on my keyboard and the volume OSD goes up and down but the volume doesn't change. If I click the volume icon in the systray I can adjust the volume. I have searched for ages but I seem to be the only person having this issue.

I changed the sound settings to disallow apps from getting exclusive control of volume.

How can I get the multimedia keys to control volume in games?

:)

mooreted, May 29, 2018
  2. WesBodnar Win User

Volume keys on my HP laptop are not changing the volume

As I said up above my volume keys do not change the volume whatsoever. When I click the keys to increase or decrease the volume the indicator on the screen responds accordingly, but the volume does not change whatsoever. The only way I can change the volume
    is by using the sliders on screen. This is very annoying because if I put my headphones in and load a video the video starts at full volume and my ears are almost blown out. I then have to take out my headphones and adjust it with the slider on screen. I could
    adjust the volume with the keys, but even if it shows that I am at a volume level of 4 and increase the volume with the slider on screen it will say it is the same volume but be the same volume. Any help would be very very much appreciated as this is a new
    laptop and I do not want to return for this stupid reason.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

WesBodnar, May 30, 2018
  3. toadmay Win User
    N95 dual slider not opening multimedia menu

I have an N95 1Gb ph, when I use the slider to open the multimedia keys the multimedia menu does not activate. I'm sure I have turned this off somewhere but I can't work out how to get it back. Any suggestions would be great

toadmay, May 30, 2018
Thema:

1. Multimedia Keys Move Slider But no Volume Change - Similar Threads - Multimedia Keys Move

2. Change (increase) the font size in Outlook 2016 reading pane

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Change (increase) the font size in Outlook 2016 reading pane: My tired old eyes, 85 years, no longer can comfortably read emails in the reading pane. How can I increase the size of the font a notch or two? I searched the web but cannot find an answer that will work on my W10 system. Will really appreciate any help on this. Thank you....
  3. Motherboard product key does not match the one in settings?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Motherboard product key does not match the one in settings?: Hi all, I've been using a Cube Mix Plus tablet that I bought new about a year ago, somehow I've failed to spot until now that the copy of Windows 10 installed on it is not activated. Troubleshoot tells me its "found a Windows 10 Home Digital Licence for this device running...
  4. How do I change my network connection's name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I change my network connection's name: How do I change the network connection name?/ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/how-do-i-change-my-network-connections-name/1e219d11-3cd1-4a96-9ade-a4b306a3d743
  5. Win10 Pro Product Key on old machine needed for new one

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 Pro Product Key on old machine needed for new one: and of course I have no idea where my record of my product key for Win10 Pro retail got hidden. I've tried the CMD and Powershell methods and no go. How do I get my product key so I can use it my new machine? I am posting from the old one that has the key right now. 116036
  6. MS Teams and Headphone inline volume/mute

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MS Teams and Headphone inline volume/mute: My Plantronics Blackwire C320M inline mute and volume control works in Skype but in the new Teams meeting it doesn't. Am i doing something wrong, or is there a way to allow the control from the headset cable? Thanks,...
  7. Can I prevent Windows 10 from changing my defaults?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can I prevent Windows 10 from changing my defaults?: It is highly annoying to have .pdf files open in Edge instead of Adobe reader, but setting the default app on .pdf does not last long!!! Same with Grove vs Media Player. Ron...
  8. Notebook HP Zbook 17G2 / WINDOWS 10 / Volume Icon /

Notebook HP Zbook 17G2 / WINDOWS 10 / Volume Icon /: When I click the volume icon my screen freezes. Is there a solution for my problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/notebook-hp-zbook-17g2-windows-10-volume-icon/b4687dda-0e95-4028-9388-863bdfefb9f7
  9. some control keys (CTRL + c,v,t) not working...

some control keys (CTRL + c,v,t) not working...: Hi, Some of ctrl shortcuts with left control are suddenly not working anymore, like ctrl v,c,t but they are working with the right control key. They were working a few days ago. Also, ctrl z and x are working (with both left and right) so left control key IS working...
  10. Moving Win 10 from an old PC to a new one?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Moving Win 10 from an old PC to a new one?: My current PC is about 10 years old; I have just had to change the hard drive so I think the PC will die soon. It is running Win 10 but I am not sure if it will last much longer. I have been offered a second hand PC which is newer and has a much faster chip; if I switch...