Multimedia Keys Move Slider But no Volume Change

Discus and support Multimedia Keys Move Slider But no Volume Change in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; I notice that when I'm playing GW2 I can press the volume keys on my keyboard and the volume OSD goes up and down but the volume doesn't change. If I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mooreted, May 30, 2018.

1. mooreted Win User

I notice that when I'm playing GW2 I can press the volume keys on my keyboard and the volume OSD goes up and down but the volume doesn't change. If I click the volume icon in the systray I can adjust the volume. I have searched for ages but I seem to be the only person having this issue.

I changed the sound settings to disallow apps from getting exclusive control of volume.

How can I get the multimedia keys to control volume in games?

:)

mooreted, May 30, 2018
  2. WesBodnar Win User

Volume keys on my HP laptop are not changing the volume

As I said up above my volume keys do not change the volume whatsoever. When I click the keys to increase or decrease the volume the indicator on the screen responds accordingly, but the volume does not change whatsoever. The only way I can change the volume
    is by using the sliders on screen. This is very annoying because if I put my headphones in and load a video the video starts at full volume and my ears are almost blown out. I then have to take out my headphones and adjust it with the slider on screen. I could
    adjust the volume with the keys, but even if it shows that I am at a volume level of 4 and increase the volume with the slider on screen it will say it is the same volume but be the same volume. Any help would be very very much appreciated as this is a new
    laptop and I do not want to return for this stupid reason.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

WesBodnar, May 30, 2018
  3. toadmay Win User
    N95 dual slider not opening multimedia menu

I have an N95 1Gb ph, when I use the slider to open the multimedia keys the multimedia menu does not activate. I'm sure I have turned this off somewhere but I can't work out how to get it back. Any suggestions would be great

toadmay, May 30, 2018
Thema:

Multimedia Keys Move Slider But no Volume Change

Multimedia Keys Move Slider But no Volume Change - Similar Threads - Multimedia Keys Move

1. Stop it from reassigning multimedia file types to Movies and TV?

in Windows 10 Support
    Stop it from reassigning multimedia file types to Movies and TV?: After installing the 64 bit version of Potplayer (the best performing player I've found for HEVC) and checking the options to assign all video types to it, Windows 10 threw a bit of a hissy fit. It proclaimed there was a "problem" and reassigned ALL audio and video file...
  2. What would be the highest capacity multimedia storage?

in Windows 10 Support
    What would be the highest capacity multimedia storage?: What would be the highest capacity type of CD (I call it CD, but I know there are other types...) If I search on Google for "Highest capacity CD" it comes up with 700MB and I know that in not a lot. So, what I'm asking is, what other types are there and what is the highest...
  3. multimedia controller yellow triangle .

in Windows 10 Support
    multimedia controller yellow triangle .: hi there, just ran windows defender and noticed there was a yellow triangle over device performance and health. followed the instructions but find there is no multimedia controlled installed ? i went into device manager and tried right clicking on the multimedia controller...
  4. Multimedia keys on keyboard stop working suddenly...

in Windows 10 Support
    Multimedia keys on keyboard stop working suddenly...: Hi guys, I am experiencing an annoying issue with Windows 10 and my Cherry keyboard (Cherry eVolution Stream Multimedia Keyboard G85-23000), especially with the multimedia keys. Upon a boot / reboot all the multimedia keys are working without issues: mute, volume...
  5. Multimedia keys on keyboard only work when player has focus

in Windows 10 Support
    Multimedia keys on keyboard only work when player has focus: Hello, I have a PowerDVD 16 Ultimate, installed on a Windows 10 Enterprise x64 system. I have a weird problem with the multimedia keys (Play, Stop, Fwd, Back, etc.). When PowerDVD has focus, they work as intended; however, when PowerDVD does not have focus (t.ex. if...
  6. NAS or Headless Linux box for multimedia server etc

in Windows 10 Support
    NAS or Headless Linux box for multimedia server etc: Hi there I know loads of people here use NAS boxes one way or another. I'm torn between getting a standard NAS box or using a home build Linux headless server for similar --using Linux LVM makes creating Logical data spaces out of multiple physical HDD's a doddle. NAS...
  7. how can i view Microsoft Multimedia viewer (mvb) file on windows 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    how can i view Microsoft Multimedia viewer (mvb) file on windows 10?: Can i find a viewer to run on windows 10 (64-bit) to view MVB file or convert it to another format that i can view? 98990
Multimedia Keys Move Slider But no Volume Change solved