Windows 10: Multimedia Keys Move Slider But no Volume Change

Discus and support Multimedia Keys Move Slider But no Volume Change in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I notice that when I'm playing GW2 I can press the volume keys on my keyboard and the volume OSD goes up and down but the volume doesn't change. If I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mooreted, May 29, 2018.

1. mooreted Win User

Multimedia Keys Move Slider But no Volume Change

I notice that when I'm playing GW2 I can press the volume keys on my keyboard and the volume OSD goes up and down but the volume doesn't change. If I click the volume icon in the systray I can adjust the volume. I have searched for ages but I seem to be the only person having this issue.

I changed the sound settings to disallow apps from getting exclusive control of volume.

How can I get the multimedia keys to control volume in games?

:)

mooreted, May 29, 2018
  2. WesBodnar Win User

Volume keys on my HP laptop are not changing the volume

As I said up above my volume keys do not change the volume whatsoever. When I click the keys to increase or decrease the volume the indicator on the screen responds accordingly, but the volume does not change whatsoever. The only way I can change the volume
    is by using the sliders on screen. This is very annoying because if I put my headphones in and load a video the video starts at full volume and my ears are almost blown out. I then have to take out my headphones and adjust it with the slider on screen. I could
    adjust the volume with the keys, but even if it shows that I am at a volume level of 4 and increase the volume with the slider on screen it will say it is the same volume but be the same volume. Any help would be very very much appreciated as this is a new
    laptop and I do not want to return for this stupid reason.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

WesBodnar, May 30, 2018
  3. toadmay Win User
    N95 dual slider not opening multimedia menu

I have an N95 1Gb ph, when I use the slider to open the multimedia keys the multimedia menu does not activate. I'm sure I have turned this off somewhere but I can't work out how to get it back. Any suggestions would be great

toadmay, May 30, 2018
Thema:

Multimedia Keys Move Slider But no Volume Change

1. Multimedia Keys Move Slider But no Volume Change - Similar Threads - Multimedia Keys Move

2. volume slider

in Windows 10 Gaming
    volume slider: the volume slider which pop's up when you click the sound keys on the keyboard they don't show up nowi had turned of the thing in a app but now the app wont open this slider wont come now help!...
  3. volume slider

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    volume slider: the volume slider which pop's up when you click the sound keys on the keyboard they don't show up nowi had turned of the thing in a app but now the app wont open this slider wont come now help!...
  4. volume slider

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. My volume slider slides and moves, but my volume doesnt change.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My volume slider slides and moves, but my volume doesnt change.: I am using Xbox True Wireless headphones using a xbox controller adapter, and my volume slider moves, but my volume doesnt change at all. Any fix? ive tried restarting my pc, drivers, and troubleshooting....
  6. My volume slider slides and moves, but my volume doesnt change.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My volume slider slides and moves, but my volume doesnt change.: I am using Xbox True Wireless headphones using a xbox controller adapter, and my volume slider moves, but my volume doesnt change at all. Any fix? ive tried restarting my pc, drivers, and troubleshooting....
  7. No sound feedback when changing volume with volume slider

No sound feedback when changing volume with volume slider: Hello, I'm getting no notification sound when I increase/decrease volume from task bar. So, as a result, I am unable to hear how loud is the new volume of sound. Also, the system is able to play music normally and other sound notifications. Note that the Windows "sound"...
  8. Volume Slider Changes Colors

Volume Slider Changes Colors: The color of the volume slider in my Win10 machine randomly changes colors. While this is not particularly significant, I find it slightly annoying. I've looked in a few places to determine how to change this behavior, but without success. If anyone has an idea, please let...
  9. Volume is always the same regardless of moving the slider

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Volume is always the same regardless of moving the slider: Hi. My computer volume doesn't change regardless of moving the slider. It has the same volume from 1-100. (it turns off at 0) I tried uninstalling the audio drives and rebooting to no avail. I am running a 64 bit version of windows 10....
  10. volume slider

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    volume slider: I can see the speaker on the left of the taskbar next to the Time, Date & Year, but when I click it or right click it nothing happens. This happened after the last win10 update a few days ago. Any help will be appreciated. Thnks...