Windows 10: Multimedia keys on keyboard only work when player has focus

Discus and support Multimedia keys on keyboard only work when player has focus in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have a PowerDVD 16 Ultimate, installed on a Windows 10 Enterprise x64 system. I have a weird problem with the multimedia keys (Play, Stop,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by octagon, Nov 13, 2016.

1. octagon Win User

Multimedia keys on keyboard only work when player has focus

Hello,

I have a PowerDVD 16 Ultimate, installed on a Windows 10 Enterprise x64 system. I have a weird problem with the multimedia keys (Play, Stop, Fwd, Back, etc.). When PowerDVD has focus, they work as intended; however, when PowerDVD does not have focus (t.ex. if working on the desktop in Windows), the multimedia keys don't work at all. I have tried an endless bunch of advise found around the web - setting default apps, checking Windows Services etc. - to no avail.
    I have a clean install of Windows 10 Enterprise x64 - installed from scratch. Previously I had Windows 7 installed on the system, and there were no problems at all.

I have tried out with 2 different keyboards; previously I had a Logitech G110 keyboard, and now I have a Corsair K95 RGB keyboard. The issue is the same for both.

It goes without saying that I've ensured that all drivers are the latest, the greatest, etc. - still the same issue.

I have also tried this with other media players (WMP, VLC, Quicktime, etc.).

Does anyone know how this can be solved? A solution will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards.

:)

octagon, Nov 13, 2016
  2. Siva2007 Win User

Need driver for hp multimedia wireless keyboard and mouse for windows 10 pro 64-bit OS

i dont want On screen keyboard.

i need to know how to install wireless keyboard from hp because when try to install then i get error of 9998

Keyboard is working fine but without Multimedia Keyboard keys . I want HP Multimedia Keyboard keys to work in Windows 10 as well. Therefore try to install these drivers in Admin mode as well as Compatibility mode it throws as error of 9998 "Your system
    does not meet the operating system requirements. Update has been cancelled. (9998)"

Multimedia keys on keyboard only work when player has focus [​IMG]

My keyboard and mouse is connected via dongle. wireless keyboard and wireless mouse is working fine but multimedia keys are not working. Therefore i posted this query. I need help in multimedia keys like internet, search, dvd open, etc.

Need help how to install these drivers which has different operating system?

Siva2007, Nov 13, 2016
  3. coopere Win User
    Sony ericsson P1i v Nokia N95

it all depends on your taste, brand loyalty and functionality (pertaining to you)

the n95 is a multimedia power house. 5 mp camera, very nice mp3 player with dedicated music keys on the phone, real player, symbian v9.2 os.

the p1 is a business tool, business card reader, doesn't focus on multimedia too much with only a 3.2 mp camera and a simple music player (or should i say more like basic), touch screen and symbian os v9.1 UIQ 3.0. and i think that is where the p1 shines, in
    its business aspect. the applications and interface work great.

if i was a business man i would give it up 100% to the p1, but for entertainment the n95 is my choice.

coopere, Nov 13, 2016
Thema:

Multimedia keys on keyboard only work when player has focus

1. Multimedia keys on keyboard only work when player has focus - Similar Threads - Multimedia keys keyboard

2. multimedia keys and some excel shortcut keys not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    multimedia keys and some excel shortcut keys not working: Dear sir/madam, I am using windows 10 but before some days my leptop multimedia keys and some excel shortcut keys are not working. so please as soon as possible troubleshoots my problems....
  3. multimedia keys and some excel shortcut keys not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    multimedia keys and some excel shortcut keys not working: Dear sir/madam, I am using windows 10 but before some days my leptop multimedia keys and some excel shortcut keys are not working. so please as soon as possible troubleshoots my problems....
  4. multimedia keys and some excel shortcut keys not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Multimedia Keys

Multimedia Keys: When I try to use my multimedia keys it only launches windows media player and I can't use these keys for Spotify. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multimedia-keys/34280d0f-25db-4b34-a346-aa5ee31c9ed1
  6. Multimedia Player

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multimedia Player: Hello, My multimedia files default player is "MPC-HC". A day or two ago it stopped playing .swf files. I did not uninstall the Adobe flash player yet. Searched the internet - could not find an answer, so I'm asking the experts. (Well, its not a windows direct issue) Answers...
  7. Microsoft Natural MultiMedia keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Natural MultiMedia keyboard not working: Win Version: 1900 I have 2 keyboards, a Microsoft Natural MultiMedia Keyboard 1.0A and a Microsoft Wireless Natural MultiMedia Keyboard (Black Wireless). Both have worked on 32 & 64 bit pcs. After I cleaned the keys on the 1.0A I reconnected it to the new Lenovo where it...
  8. Multimedia Keys

Multimedia Keys: Hello! I have the All In One Media keyboard and I want to disable the multimedia keys (like the home button, the music button and the explorer button) so I can use them for something else. How do I do it? I can't find any way....
  9. Which window has the keyboard focus?

Which window has the keyboard focus?: Historically, Windows has changed the color of the title bar to indicate which window has the focus. Just upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7, and now I can't tell what window has the focus... yes, if I look really hard, I can see the 1 pixel of accent color around the...
  10. Multimedia keys on keyboard stop working suddenly...

Multimedia keys on keyboard stop working suddenly...: Hi guys, I am experiencing an annoying issue with Windows 10 and my Cherry keyboard (Cherry eVolution Stream Multimedia Keyboard G85-23000), especially with the multimedia keys. Upon a boot / reboot all the multimedia keys are working without issues: mute, volume...