Windows 10: Multimedia keys on keyboard stop working suddenly...

Discus and support Multimedia keys on keyboard stop working suddenly... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi guys, I am experiencing an annoying issue with Windows 10 and my Cherry keyboard (Cherry eVolution Stream Multimedia Keyboard G85-23000),... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by HHawk, Mar 5, 2016.

1. HHawk Win User

Multimedia keys on keyboard stop working suddenly...

Hi guys,

I am experiencing an annoying issue with Windows 10 and my Cherry keyboard (Cherry eVolution Stream Multimedia Keyboard G85-23000), especially with the multimedia keys.

Upon a boot / reboot all the multimedia keys are working without issues: mute, volume up/down, etc.
    However sometimes it stops working completely (completely random). I have no idea what is causing it or how to solve it.

When they stop working I cannot get them back working at all anymore, other then rebooting my PC. Obviously this is not a solution, because I have to close everything I was working on.

While typing this, I tried to unplug and plug back in the keyboard. Apparently that solves it also. Though this is not a good solution, because the backside of my PC is not easily reached.

Cherry keyboard don't have drivers available, so that's not a solution. Also removing the HID keyboard thing from hardware devices and reinstall / refresh doesn't provide a solution.

Anyone else experiencing this? Or has a solution for this problem? Would be great, because I am very used to using the multimedia keys (especially the volume keys).

I am using the Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview version. Version 1511 (build 14257.1000).
    Maybe it's an issue with the insider version, or something else. Or my hardware combination... I have no clue...

Thanks in advance.

:)

HHawk, Mar 5, 2016
  2. aba2000 Win User

N95 v12 Firmware for T-mobile UK

The multimedia key bug is when the multimedia key stops working and the only way to get it working again is to restart the phone.

aba2000, Mar 5, 2016
  3. SachinMR Win User
    Suspected Malware - Certain Keys Stopped Working

Hi Mike,

The keyboard is all good. There is a pattern in which the keys stop working. I have searched online and there are many posts where the keys "2", "S", "W", "X", "Caps Lock" etc. stopped working suddenly.

I would not post a question for using USB keyboard on a laptop.

SachinMR, Mar 5, 2016
  4. HHawk Win User

Well I still haven't resolved it. As a matter of fact; it's become worse.
    As soon as I hit my volume keys (or a few times) they will get "stuck".

The only solution is a reboot or re-plugging my USB keyboard. *Sad

HHawk, Mar 11, 2016
  5. Winuser Win User
    Is it possible for you to either try another keyboard or to try your keyboard on another computer?

Winuser, Mar 12, 2016
  6. HHawk Win User
    I don't have any other keyboards; because I have always used this keyboard for all my PC's. I have the same keyboard at my work (also running Windows 10), no issues. I tried it on a laptop (Win 10), no problems. I tried it on our 2nd computer (Windows 8.1) also no problems.

I have no clue what's going on here. *Sad

HHawk, Mar 13, 2016
  7. HHawk Win User
    Well started to experience more problems suddenly. My analog sound doesn't work anymore in Windows 10. Really strange.

What I tried so far:

- reinstalling drivers (even used driver cleaner tools for this prior to installing new drivers).
    - tried a different soundcard (original one is Xonar U7 USB, but also tried PCIe X-Fi card).
    - Tried a different older speaker set (current one is Z-5500, old is Z-680).

All without succes. I do get moving green bars in the volume panel, meaning sound is played, however not through the speakers.

The one and only way to get sound played through my speakers is when I select SPDIF as output. Which I don't like.
    Anyways, I will do a clean install over the weekend. Probably this will be the best solution.

I never had this/these problem(s) on any other Windows versions. Really strange though. Did a search on this also on Google, but nothing (useful) came up...

Cheers...

HHawk, Mar 17, 2016
  8. HHawk Win User

Well this issue still hasn't been resolved unfortunately. Even after a clean install it sometimes hangs on Volume Up or Volume Down (when pressed on my keyboard).

Can it be caused because I also have a Xonar U7 USB soundcard? Maybe that's the one which doesn't work nicely with the keyboard media buttons? It has a big button on it to dial the volume up/down. However I don't that button (to far away).

HHawk, Apr 11, 2016
  9. HHawk Win User
    Well a new update (since I am STILL experiencing this issue).

I had a Xonar U7 USB soundcard (which also has volume control on it) and I thought maybe that was the problem. So I bought a new PCIe soundcard (Asus Strix Soar), but that didn't solve the issue either... Sighs.

Guess it's really the keyboard which is causing the problem in combination with Windows 10. I never had this problem before with different Windows versions. *Sad

Anyone with the solution out there?

HHawk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Multimedia keys on keyboard stop working suddenly... - Similar Threads - Multimedia keys keyboard

2. my keyboard suddenly stopped working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my keyboard suddenly stopped working.: My Keyboard suddenly stopped working, I have tried a few different things from reading on the internet. But i still cannot get it to work. The mouse works and the touch screen works...
  3. my keyboard suddenly stopped working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my keyboard suddenly stopped working.: My Keyboard suddenly stopped working, I have tried a few different things from reading on the internet. But i still cannot get it to work. The mouse works and the touch screen works...
  4. Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working Suddenly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working Suddenly: This is kind of complicated, but I'm hoping someone has some insight.I have an All In One HP running Windows 10. Lately it's been doing some odd things -- gets unresponsive and requires a restart, which has always helped.Today the keyboard and mouse stopped working all of a...
  5. Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working Suddenly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working Suddenly: This is kind of complicated, but I'm hoping someone has some insight.I have an All In One HP running Windows 10. Lately it's been doing some odd things -- gets unresponsive and requires a restart, which has always helped.Today the keyboard and mouse stopped working all of a...
  6. Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working Suddenly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Multimedia Keys

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multimedia Keys: When I try to use my multimedia keys it only launches windows media player and I can't use these keys for Spotify. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multimedia-keys/34280d0f-25db-4b34-a346-aa5ee31c9ed1
  8. 3 Keyboard keys suddenly stopped working

3 Keyboard keys suddenly stopped working: Hello everyone So i just encountered this problem I have a dell inspiron 3542 laptop the J,H,K letters stopped responding Last thing i remember is i had a blue screen when using SCP TOOLKIT to identify usb controllers. The odd thing is when i press the J and K...
  9. Some Keyboard keys suddenly stopped working!

Some Keyboard keys suddenly stopped working!: Hi there, Some Keyboard keys suddenly stopped working on my laptop 2 days ago and I couldn't fix it and currently writing this post using on-screen keyboard. I've tried the following and it didn't work: Troubleshooter. Updating, uninstalling, drivers and even downloaded...
  10. touchpad and keyboard suddenly stopped working

touchpad and keyboard suddenly stopped working: the touchpad and keyboard suddenly stopped working a few seconds after the computer starts. i did a system restore and it worked well for a few hours before it stopped working again. im not sure if this is because of the windows 10 updates. i mean, do i need to perform system...