Windows 10: Multiple access to same pdf file from homegroup

Discus and support Multiple access to same pdf file from homegroup in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hope this post is not duplicate Hi how to setup a homegroup with 10 users accessing a pdf file simultaneously/concurrently at the same time in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by gundja, May 20, 2017.

1. gundja Win User

Multiple access to same pdf file from homegroup

Hope this post is not duplicate
    Hi

how to setup a homegroup with 10 users accessing a pdf file simultaneously/concurrently at the same time in the my documents folder.They will only be allowed read permission, no way they can move/copy or edit the file.i do not think they wil be able to manipulate the same pdf at the same time so
    I was thinking of creating 10 folders with a copy of the file in its own folder and enforcing the home view permission on the folder. Or am I wrong?
    Any suggestion guys?

thanks

:)

gundja, May 20, 2017
  2. CoraN Win User

How do I share a printer in Windows 10

Here's the deal, Microsoft has killed HOMEGROUP in the latest update to W10 (It's 4/17/2018 and the most recent update removed it on this PC, but not a bunch of other W10Pro PC's we're running so our HOMEGROUP is just broken, and there is no way to access
    the HOMEGROUP SETTINGS in Control Panel on this PC anymore). We share printers, files, etc. using homegroup. Now we're going to have to reconfigure all our sharing from Homegroup Members to "Access for Specific Users" and we're going to have to create symmetrical
    user accounts on all the devices we want to share among. This takes us back to a time before the existence of the HOMEGROUP feature. Multiple access to same pdf file from homegroup :(

Here is a PDF file from Microsoft that explains how to set up your printer sharing now that HOMEGROUP has been killed:

https://compass-ssl.microsoft.com/a...a4c.pdf?n=QS-Connect-to-a-network-printer.pdf

CoraN, May 20, 2017
  3. Zeso Win User
    Unable to access print icon in File explorer in windows 10

In Windows 10, File explorer, under the share tab, the print icon, burn to disk,and email icon are all greyed out for pdf files. From looking at other posts, I have checked that the printer spool is running and have used both edge and chrome as my default
    pdf viewer. I can access print options when I open a pdf in chrome and it will print fine, but I am actually trying to use the print to pdf function in file explorer to merge multiple pdf files. No matter what type of file I highlight, the print icon is greyed
    out. Thanks

Thema:

Multiple access to same pdf file from homegroup

1. Multiple access to same pdf file from homegroup - Similar Threads - Multiple access same

2. Prevent file from Deleteion in homegroup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Prevent file from Deleteion in homegroup: I am using windows 10 and shared some importartent folder in homegroup my files getting deleted accidentaly without any warning to confirm delete and i am not able to find in recyle bin also.I tried to create advance permission to protect a file from deletion, go to Security...
  3. Prevent file from Deleteion in homegroup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Prevent file from Deleteion in homegroup: I am using windows 10 and shared some importartent folder in homegroup my files getting deleted accidentaly without any warning to confirm delete and i am not able to find in recyle bin also.I tried to create advance permission to protect a file from deletion, go to Security...
  4. Need to move files from multiple folders to multiple same level folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to move files from multiple folders to multiple same level folder: We have a file structure like thisTop level Folder--CustomerName-----Inbox-----Outbox-----Archive--CustomerName-----Inbox-----Outbox-----Archive--CustomerName-----Inbox-----Outbox-----Archiverepeat 500 times. I want to move all files older than 1 year from the inbox and...
  5. Need to move files from multiple folders to multiple same level folder

Need to move files from multiple folders to multiple same level folder: We have a file structure like thisTop level Folder--CustomerName-----Inbox-----Outbox-----Archive--CustomerName-----Inbox-----Outbox-----Archive--CustomerName-----Inbox-----Outbox-----Archiverepeat 500 times. I want to move all files older than 1 year from the inbox and...
  6. Printer Issues No Homegroup to print from multiple devices

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Printer Issues No Homegroup to print from multiple devices: Hello Everyone, I really could use some expert support. Before the home-group disappeared during a windows update; i was able to print files from my laptop in my kitchen to my printer in my bedroom which is attached to a desktop there. I have an older printer which is still...
  7. Accessing the same account/files/documents on multiple PCs

Accessing the same account/files/documents on multiple PCs: I am a business owner with 5 PCs. I want all of my employees to have their own account to log-in to. It would be ideal for them to have all their files accessible on all computers and for me to be able to control their accounts; i.e. if they no longer worked with us I could...
  8. Can't Access Homegroup

Can't Access Homegroup: Have a new L/T, can access the Internet but can't join an existing Home group to use my printer Believe that the existing HG doesn't exist anymore. Help!...
  9. Multiple files with same name

Multiple files with same name: Here's one that is a total mystery to me: The last couple of days I have been working on a file made with MS Word. It was a letter that I have been working of for a couple of days. I edited and changed the file several times and put it in two different folders. I wasn't sure...
  10. No homegroup access

No homegroup access: Hello I have set up home network behind a router. every basic operations as folders sharing work but when I try from Windows 10 machine to join homegroup created from another computer running Windows 8.1 the operation is unsuccessfull. The homegroup was firstly created on...