Windows 10: Multiple browsers different download speeds on single thread/process.

Discus and support Multiple browsers different download speeds on single thread/process. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have 4 browsers currently installed on my x64 win 10 pro machine. Two of them download half speed compared to my sync. Firefox and Chrome when... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by banger, May 4, 2017.

1. banger Win User

Multiple browsers different download speeds on single thread/process.

I have 4 browsers currently installed on my x64 win 10 pro machine. Two of them download half speed compared to my sync.

Firefox and Chrome when downloading download at 30mbps when using their native download manager, if I use an add-on manager like "down them all" I can download at the full speed of 62mbps.

Then we come to Cent (Chrome Clone) and Edge. These download with the built-in manager at full 62mbps speed. Tested on several downloads and single/multiple thread speedtests.

What gives and how to fix firefox and chrome?

:)

banger, May 4, 2017
  2. learner5 Win User

when I start typing in a browser multiple help tabs open and i cant stop it

Same here. Started a few days ago. Every now and then multiple browser windows or tabs open to the help screen. So many that my computer crashes if I don't restart in time. This happens when surfing on Edge, IE Explorer, or have no browser open at
    all. I tried multiple virus scans, a maintenance scan, reverting Windows back a few days, refreshing Windows 10 (new install), changing to a different mouse, and plugging the mouse into a new port. Nothing worked. In desperation I downloaded a different
    browser and made it the default. Most of the time it will open a single help screen, then stop. Sometimes it will open multiple default browser windows even when I am not using any browsers.

learner5, May 4, 2017
  3. MS windows 10 update caused slow internet speed.

Ever since there was an MS windows 10 update my internet download speed has slowed to a crawl and I am also getting multiple download incomplete errors. My browser is IE 11.

Marcella58, May 4, 2017
  4. banger Win User

This has to be a windows problem as I have just updated Cent to the 64 bit version and now that is struggling with single thread downloads. What the heck?

banger, May 5, 2017
  5. banger Win User
    So just restored Windows from a backup and now back to Cent 32 bit with no download problems, what the heck goes on.

banger, May 5, 2017
  6. banger Win User
    Fixed it by going to settings network and reseting network, then a reboot and all is well. Took ages to find that button even tried TCPOptimizer 4. All browsers working correctly.

banger, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Multiple browsers different download speeds on single thread/process. - Similar Threads - Multiple browsers different

2. browser download speed slow problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    browser download speed slow problem: im having problems with my wifi or browser but the browser download is very slow i tried downloading at my phone and the download speed is fine but in the pc i only get around 50KB/s...
  3. browser download speed slow problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    browser download speed slow problem: im having problems with my wifi or browser but the browser download is very slow i tried downloading at my phone and the download speed is fine but in the pc i only get around 50KB/s...
  4. HIGH DIFFERENCE IN DOWNLOAD SPEED

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HIGH DIFFERENCE IN DOWNLOAD SPEED: Hello, All!I have a problem with my PC.I have a 50 MBPS Plan as my WiFi.I do have an ethernet connection to the PC direct from the Router.The problem is - when I check the speed of WiFi with https://www.speedtest.net/, it shows around 50 MBPS photo belowBut, when I started...
  5. HIGH DIFFERENCE IN DOWNLOAD SPEED

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HIGH DIFFERENCE IN DOWNLOAD SPEED: Hello, All!I have a problem with my PC.I have a 50 MBPS Plan as my WiFi.I do have an ethernet connection to the PC direct from the Router.The problem is - when I check the speed of WiFi with https://www.speedtest.net/, it shows around 50 MBPS photo belowBut, when I started...
  6. HIGH DIFFERENCE IN DOWNLOAD SPEED

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Low browser download speed.

Low browser download speed.: Hi, I've recently updated from a 5mb internet to a 200mb, on torrent or steam I download at 20mb/s the intended speed. But on ANY browser it reaches a maximum of 260KB/s. At first I thought the website would be limiting the speed, but I tested: 1- On my phone same network...
  8. Slow download speed on any browser

Slow download speed on any browser: I don't know why, maybe a recent update but my download speed on browsers I tried Edge, Firefox and Chrome has recently declined to about 400kb/s, when before I had about 15mb/s, which I still do with game providers such as Steam or Origin.This the download speed on...
  9. Slow download speeds on any browser

Slow download speeds on any browser: Hello. I have noticed in my last 2 windows 10 laptops that in any browser I download the download speeds do not rise above 500 kb / s. Steam reaches 2.0+ mb / s. Does anyone know what is happening? Anyone else had this problem? Im trying to fix this issue 1 month now. Thank...
  10. Download speeds in browser is slow

Download speeds in browser is slow: I don't know how better to title my post, but download speeds in any browser on my main PC are very slow. First off, my specs: HP Envy 700-059cb Windows 10 (whatever the latest version is for inside preview) 8gb ram i7 4770 My home network is powered by a Rogers...