Windows 10: Multiple BSOD after upgrading to windows 10

Discus and support Multiple BSOD after upgrading to windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I have upgraded to Windows 10 (clean install), and I've been getting BSOD saying DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE. It can happen anytime, but mostly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AndyLun, Dec 5, 2015.

1. AndyLun Win User

Multiple BSOD after upgrading to windows 10

Hi,
    I have upgraded to Windows 10 (clean install), and I've been getting BSOD saying DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE. It can happen anytime, but mostly when I'm using google chrome (I am using microsoft edge to post this now). Interestingly enough though, it never ever happened when I'm playing CS:GO. (Or maybe because I never had google chrome on when I'm playing?)

Here is the file created by the dm_log_collector : Attachment 52171

Any help is appreciated. Thank you for taking your time to read this.
    PS: Sorry for bad english!

:)

AndyLun, Dec 5, 2015
  2. Ratandeep Win User

Multiple BSOD after upgrading to Windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for posting your question on Microsoft community.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and your efforts towards resolving it.

This issue may occur due to software conflicts. This may also happen due to corrupt installed drivers.

To diagnose the issue, start the computer in safe mode and check
    if it helps.

Safe mode is a diagnostic mode for Windows that starts your computer in a limited state. Only the basic files and drivers necessary to run Windows are started. This helps us in identifying whether the issue is due to some third party programs
    conflict. Please follow these steps:

a. Type settings in search and then click settings.

b. Click update and recovery and then click recovery.

c. Under advanced startup, click restart now.

d. Once your PC restarts, on choose an option screen, click
    troubleshoot

e. If you don't see startup settings option, click advanced options.

f. Click startup settings and then click restart.

g. On startup settings screen, choose safe mode.

h. Sign in to your PC with a user account that has administrator rights.

If the issue does not persist in safe mode, then perform clean boot.

Refer this article:

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

(Also holds good for Windows 10)

Note: After you have finished troubleshooting, follow these steps from section “How to reset the computer to start as usual after clean boot troubleshooting” to reset the computer to start as usual.

Please also update all motherboard drivers and check the issue. Please follow these steps:

a. Press Windows + X keys and click device manager.

b. Find the driver, right click on it, click "Update Driver Software" and follow on-screen instructions.

I hope this information helps.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thank you

Ratandeep, Dec 5, 2015
  3. Multiple BSOD after upgrading to Windows 10

Having recently upgraded from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro, I can't say I enjoy it much. I keep getting some graphics driver related BSODs. The mini dumps can be found here: Dropbox - 082415-6109-01.zip

The system I'm using is brand new, freshly set up, with all drivers currently up to date. I7-5820K @3.30 Ghz, Nvidia 980Ti, 16Gb Ram.

I'd be grateful for any tips on dealing with these issues.

Kind regards!

M.Szemeitat, Dec 5, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

There are traces of bypasses on your system.
    You are required to remove every bypass on your system before we proceed

Forum rules

axe0, Dec 8, 2015
Thema:

1. Multiple BSOD after upgrading to windows 10 - Similar Threads - Multiple BSOD upgrading

2. Multiple different BSOD's after upgrading pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple different BSOD's after upgrading pc: I recently upgraded my CPU, motherboard, and RAM and have been getting multiple bsods while playing games and other games will crash when I try to launch them. Stop codes ive had were "Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap", "IRQL not less or equal", "Clock watchdog timeout". I've...
  3. Multiple different BSOD's after upgrading pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple different BSOD's after upgrading pc: I recently upgraded my CPU, motherboard, and RAM and have been getting multiple bsods while playing games and other games will crash when I try to launch them. Stop codes ive had were "Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap", "IRQL not less or equal", "Clock watchdog timeout". I've...
  4. Multiple different BSOD's after upgrading pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Multiple BSOD and crashes after a system upgrade. Looking for a cause

Multiple BSOD and crashes after a system upgrade. Looking for a cause: Hello, I recently updated my computer, new MoBo, Graphics card, memory, the works new specs at bottom - both CPU and MoBo are 2nd hand. Only the Case and Hard drives are the same although I did add an additional M.2 drive. After the upgrade my Windows 10 computer has been...
  6. Multiple BSOD and crashes after a system upgrade. Looking for a cause

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple BSOD and crashes after a system upgrade. Looking for a cause: Hello, I recently updated my computer, new MoBo, Graphics card, memory, the works new specs at bottom - both CPU and MoBo are 2nd hand. Only the Case and Hard drives are the same although I did add an additional M.2 drive. After the upgrade my Windows 10 computer has been...
  7. Multiple PC Errors after windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multiple PC Errors after windows 10 upgrade: Hi I have recently upgraded to windows 10 . I am continuously getting PC Errors Accessing Extended Memory driver_irql_not_less_or_equal Unexepected kernel mode System Service Exception How can I resolve these. Thanks & Regards Satish...
  8. BSOD Multiple Times Daily After Windows 10 Upgrade on Dell XPS 720

BSOD Multiple Times Daily After Windows 10 Upgrade on Dell XPS 720: Please see the attached V2 collector log and let me know if you need anything else. Computer has passed the Windows Memory Diagnostic. The bug check code is: 0x00000109 referring to it being caused by driver ntoskrnl.exe at address: ntoskrnl.exe+1bc900. I have also noticed...
  9. BSODs after upgrading to Windows 10

BSODs after upgrading to Windows 10: I get a lot of pagefile errors. Sometimes these will occur when the computer sits idle for a while, sometimes it happens when I'm downloading quite a bit of data (updated Star Citizen [~35 gigs] and it blue screened twice). I've been working for weeks to try to diagnose...
  10. Multiple BSOD codes in a week; after Win10 upgrade

Multiple BSOD codes in a week; after Win10 upgrade: Hi, I have recently upgraded from Win8 to Win10 (clean install, kept only the non-system data partition). While running Win8 it may have crashed once or twice in the past year, but nothing major. Since installing Win10 about a week ago, I've had like 6 BSOD's of varying...