Windows 10: Multiple bsod errors and black screen with cursor on start up

Discus and support Multiple bsod errors and black screen with cursor on start up in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I know it says to install and run the program in the sticky but i can't get into windows PC has been running fine until recently. I have been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Robotnic, Oct 1, 2015.

1. Robotnic Win User

Multiple bsod errors and black screen with cursor on start up

I know it says to install and run the program in the sticky but i can't get into windows

PC has been running fine until recently. I have been getting occasional random BSOD errors over the last few days which I didn't think much about, but today I started getting a lot of them, occurring a few minutes after boot. After a few restarts I then started getting a black screen with cursor when the login screen should appear. The jingle still sounds. Some of the BSOD errors I wrote down.

Bad pool header
    PFN corrupt
    Memory management
    0xc000021a

The black screen will not respond to CTRL ALT DEL etc. I tried following steps on some posts to enter password blind by pressing space /ctrl but this does not work for me. The screen stays on indefinitely.

I have also tried chkdsk on C drive. No errors. I tried system restore, but it says I have no checkpoints. I thought I did have it switched on but I guess not.
    I tried start up repair but it says it cannot fix the problem. I don't have a system image either (I know, I'm a fool). I tried safe mode and low res mode. Same black screen just with a larger cursor.

Apart from reinstalling windows again, i can't think of any other things to try.

Any help would be appreciated.

:)

Robotnic, Oct 1, 2015
  2. DZTurner Win User

Black screen on start up with cursor before login

Every time I restart my computer it goes to a black screen with a cursor, I have waited over 20 minutes each time. The only way I have gotten it to work is to do a system restore to a week ago. I have tried booting up in safe mode and hasn't worked. The
    only graphics card I have on my laptop is a Intel HD Graphics 3000. My computer is a HP Pavilion g6 series.

DZTurner, Oct 1, 2015
  3. Black screen on start up with cursor before login

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you click on the link below and refer the article below

Troubleshoot black screen problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

You can also refer to the suggestions by Sharath Srinivasa on August 7, 2015.

Refer the suggestion for Blank or black screen
    before sign-in:

Black screen after upgrading to Windows 10

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Oct 1, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi Robotnic,

I'm very sorry for the delay, there aren't many people in this section.
    Are you still requiring help?

axe0, Oct 5, 2015
  5. Robotnic Win User
    Hi axe0

Thanks for your reply.

I never did find the answer. I was able to get sticky keys, projection and ease of access options up on the black screen but nothing else. I tried Scannow and Dism, but they encountered errors. Even resetting my PC didn't work as it crashed halfway through.

I finally gave up yesterday and did a clean install from a pen drive. Everything has been working fine since, so i guess it wasn't a hardware issue. 1st thing I did after reinstall was to switch on System restore and make an image copy!

I'll mark the topic as solved anyway.

Robotnic, Oct 5, 2015
  6. Robotnic Win User
    I take that back. Problems are back. BSODs different each time starting to happen again. PC acting oddly. I'd walk away and come back to a black screen unresponsive. Or I'd switch the computer on and some services such as wireless don't start up. Printer not being recognised. Crashing if I play a game or have too much going on at once.

Anyway I downloaded Memtest 86. Not sure how to use it, but I think I can interpret enough to see my RAM is bad. It's been running for 20 mins and has 0 pass and 9472 errors. Red everywhere. Not sure how to tell which stick is the bad one though.

Robotnic, Oct 6, 2015
  7. axe0 New Member
    Multiple bsod errors and black screen with cursor on start up [​IMG]
    Diagnostic Test
    RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

axe0, Oct 6, 2015
  8. Robotnic Win User

Ok so I spent the whole of last night and the whole of today testing each stick individually and then together again. No errors at all. I started to wonder if a stick had just been improperly seated. So I decided to give windows a whirl again. A lot of programs crashed with errors, and then I got BSOD irql not less or equal again. So I quickly booted up Memtest again and thousands of errors straight away. I then tried one stick alone. Nothing, but the other had 97000 errors in the 1st couple of mins.

Surely if the RAM works fine for 8passes and then thousands of errors immediately after running Windows there's something odd going on.

Robotnic, Oct 6, 2015
  9. axe0 New Member
    Please test your system without the stick giving that much errors.

axe0, Oct 6, 2015
  10. Robotnic Win User
    Thanks. Have done what you said. Loaded up windows for about 20 mins. Played a video game that previously would BSOD. All working well. Also, it might be all in my head but it seemed windows was running quicker and smoother too. I won't count my chickens just yet as it worked fine for a day or so after i reinstalled windows before it started crashing again. I'll give it a few more hours normal use and see how it goes. Looking promising though. Thanks for your help so far!

Robotnic, Oct 6, 2015
  11. axe0 New Member
    You're welcome *Smile
    Let me know how it goes.

12. Robotnic Win User
    Ok so two days and no errors seems fairly conclusive. Time to RMA.

Thanks for the support axe0!

Robotnic, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Multiple bsod errors and black screen with cursor on start up - Similar Threads - Multiple bsod errors

2. black screen with white cursor when start up my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    black screen with white cursor when start up my pc: My laptop got a black screen with a white cursor when I start it up, I fix it by adding the explorer.exe task in the task manager but it does not resolve permanently. I tried to fix it by SFC scan but it doesn't work. I tried to start it in safe mode, but the same thing...
  3. black screen with white cursor when start up my pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    black screen with white cursor when start up my pc: My laptop got a black screen with a white cursor when I start it up, I fix it by adding the explorer.exe task in the task manager but it does not resolve permanently. I tried to fix it by SFC scan but it doesn't work. I tried to start it in safe mode, but the same thing...
  4. Black Screen with Cursor and error code

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black Screen with Cursor and error code: I attempted to use Startup Repair and it "fixed" my black screen problem but the next thing I know my laptop cant start properly and this error code appears. Error Code: 0xc0000225. My laptop was working fine until yesterday....
  5. No desktop on start up, just plain black screen with cursor.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No desktop on start up, just plain black screen with cursor.: Hello, I've been getting this problem every time i open my laptop. When im done inputting the password, it'll proceed into a blackscreen and stays there for almost or more than a minute before my desktop runs....
  6. CONSTANT BLACK SCREEN NO CURSOR NO START UP NO NOTHING

CONSTANT BLACK SCREEN NO CURSOR NO START UP NO NOTHING: Hi everyone last night i helped my mate build his first pc. Before we get into it specs are, AMD Ryzen R5 3600 Gigabyte RTX 2060 Kingston Hyperfury 16GB 8GB x 2 Gigabyte X570UD 1TB M.2 650W 80 plus gold PSU ASUS 165HZ monitor So start up was fine everything was working...
  7. Screen black + cursor after a BSoD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen black + cursor after a BSoD: Nothing helps, I restarted the PC multiple times and even took out and put back in the battery as a guide said. Help!! submitted by /u/rifflefan_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hwiuwl/screen_black_cursor_after_a_bsod/
  8. Black screen with Cursor after start up?

Black screen with Cursor after start up?: Has anyone else had issues after this last update where your computer starts up with a black screen with your cursor still available? I can't start safe mode for whatever reason and I cannot use the fix with ctr alt and dlt. I've tried everything else but nothing works....
  9. Black Screen, No Cursor (Multiple Categories)

in Windows 10 Support
    Black Screen, No Cursor (Multiple Categories): Hello all. This is a weird, convoluted set of circumstances so please bear with me. This past December my custom built computer, last rebuilt in 2013, suddenly Black Screened on me. Everything was up to date, no signs of weirdness before that. I turned the computer on, but...
  10. Multiple BSOD crashes this month and black screens while starting

Multiple BSOD crashes this month and black screens while starting: I have had multiple BSODs this month. Sometimes I get a black screen while starting from hibernation. Log info attached. Recently reinstalled NVIDIA Drivers. Installed RealTek Audio drivers 2 or 3 days ago so I get stereo sound again (no surround!) SFC doesn't find any...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. adf sys black screen and curser irql error