Windows 10: Multiple BSOD in past weeks / months with several type of errors

Discus and support Multiple BSOD in past weeks / months with several type of errors in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I am getting Multiple BSOD in past weeks / months with several type of errors like: DRIVER_VERIFIER_IOMANAGER_VIOLATION... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by mctobe, Feb 28, 2017.

1. mctobe Win User

Multiple BSOD in past weeks / months with several type of errors

Hello,

I am getting Multiple BSOD in past weeks / months with several type of errors like:
    DRIVER_VERIFIER_IOMANAGER_VIOLATION
    SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M
    etc...

I have (as always) updated BIOS / drivers and tried to find the root cause so far without result.
    Attached the zip file with all details. Your help is welocme.

Thanks,
    Mustafa

:)

mctobe, Feb 28, 2017

2. BSOD with several error types

Thank you for your reply Patricia

I have all the windows updates and my drivers seem to be up to date. I have plugged out all USB hardware except the keyboard/mouse and speakers but the problem persists.

In the beginning, the most common error message was IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL and it would appear from time to time, mostly but not exclusively when I played DCS World simulation game. Recently I have installed Medieval Total War II through steam, and intensity
    and variety of BSOD increased.

I have tried driver verifier to find out the problem, but the computer went into a constant loop of BSOD at the start up, which required me to start up in the safe mode and then manually find and disable the driver verifier in the hard drive.

I hope this information helps you.

thanks a lot

cenkermutlu, Feb 28, 2017
  3. BSOD with several error types

Hi,

To better find out the cause of the issue, are there any other changes made on the system after upgrading to Windows 10? Also, have you tried any fixes on your end?

In the mean time, kindly follow the prompt found in this link on how to troubleshooter blue screen errors.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Patricia Yu, Feb 28, 2017
  4. Multiple BSOD in past weeks / months with several type of errors

Please disable Driver Verifier first:

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/...0-a.html#Part3

Driver Verifier is a diagnostic tool built into Windows 10, it is designed to verify both native Microsoft drivers and third party drivers. Driver Verifier's verification process involves putting heavy stress on drivers with the intention of making bad, outdated, incompatible or misbehaving drivers fail. The required result is a BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) which will generate a crash dump for debugging purposes.

Machines exposed to Driver Verifier will run very sluggishly due to the stress being applied to the drivers.

It is not advised to run Driver Verifier for more than 48 hours at a time. Disable Driver Verifier after 48 hours or after receiving a BSOD, whichever happens soonest.

BSODHunter, Feb 28, 2017
  5. Disable Driver Verifier:

1. Open an elevated command prompt.
    2. In the elevated command prompt, type these commands below, and press Enter:

verifier /bootmode resetonbootfail

BSODHunter, Feb 28, 2017
  6. mctobe Win User
    Hi,
    Did this but I had it enable due to the BSOD before I enabled it. How to proceed now?
    Thanks!

mctobe, Feb 28, 2017
  7. sorry for the huge delay. can u please upload an actual dm log collector zip?

BSODHunter, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Multiple BSOD in past weeks / months with several type of errors

1. Multiple BSOD in past weeks / months with several type of errors - Similar Threads - Multiple BSOD past

2. Multiple BSOD in past week on Dell G15 5525 Laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple BSOD in past week on Dell G15 5525 Laptop.: Recently, I have encountered frequent blue screen errors with my Dell G15 5525 laptop with the following error...
  3. BSOD several time in a week

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD several time in a week: Hi team,I am getting constant BSOD running Windows 11 on ThinkPad X1 Carbon Gen 8 ssd 1tb, 16gb ram. Windows 11 has been installed for a months. All software and drivers are up to date. Have run chkdsk several times and sfc /scannow and antivirus full scan. Could you help...
  4. Several BSODs over past couple of weeks.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Several BSODs over past couple of weeks.: Hey,Over the past couple of weeks after I assembled my new system I've been getting BSODs constantly and irregularly. From my experience, BSODs does usually occur when my system is idle doing the bare minimum. I did a clean install of Windows 11 with all necessary drivers,...
  5. Several BSODs over past couple of weeks.

Several BSODs over past couple of weeks.: Hey,Over the past couple of weeks after I assembled my new system I've been getting BSODs constantly and irregularly. From my experience, BSODs does usually occur when my system is idle doing the bare minimum. I did a clean install of Windows 11 with all necessary drivers,...
  6. New computer crashing BSOD several times in the past three weeks

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    New computer crashing BSOD several times in the past three weeks: Hello,I have had a few BSODs with a new desktop in the past few weeks ranging from page fault in non-paged area to memory management error BSOD.My event viewer shows the following for the latest crash "The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000001a...
  7. BSOD for several months

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD for several months: Hi. I have tried to solve bluescreen months ago without sucess and it happens just when I'm using chrome. I updated my AMD drivers from its website using Radeon software, as well the GPU driver. But right now Im out of idea what to do. I also run memory diagnostic and 0...
  8. BSOD for several months

BSOD for several months: Hi. I have tried to solve bluescreen months ago without sucess and it happens just when I'm using chrome. I updated my AMD drivers from its website using Radeon software, as well the GPU driver. But right now Im out of idea what to do. I also run memory diagnostic and 0...
  9. Multiple BSOD past month

Multiple BSOD past month: Hello, I've made several questions concerning blue screen errors that I have been receiving the past month or 2. The most reoccurring is "KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE". I have multiple minidump files that I will link here. I received a KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE error...
  10. Different BSOD errors past couple of weeks

Different BSOD errors past couple of weeks: I've been getting different BSOD errors the past couple of weeks. Originally thought it was a RAM issue as it usually happens after I've been playing a game for a while. Did the memtest no errors showed up. Bought new RAM, still didn't fix the issue. Next thing I tried was a...